news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop > Album reviews

View Poll Results: rate this one...
5 - Masterpiece 29 59.18%
4.5 - Almost a Masterpiece. 13 26.53%
4 - Brilliant 7 14.29%
3 - Good 0 0%
2 - Boring 0 0%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-13-2008, 04:24 PM   #1
claaa7
Killer Bob

claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default Big L - Lifestylez ov da Poor & Dangerous

01. Put It On
02. MVP
03. No Endz, No Skinz
04. 8 Iz Enuff
05. All Black
06. Danger Zone
07. Street Struck
08. Da Graveyard
09. Lifestylez ov da Poor & Dangerous
10. I Don't Understand It
11. Fed Up With The Bullshit
12. Let 'Em Have It "L"

Produced by Lord Finesse (2,5,7,9,11), Buckwild (1,4,6,8) and Showbiz (3,10)

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!
claaa7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 04:29 PM   #2
Bg_Knocc_Out
Mayonase

Bg_Knocc_Out crouching tigerBg_Knocc_Out crouching tiger
Send a message via AIM to Bg_Knocc_Out

This is definitly in my top 5 albums of all time.
Bg_Knocc_Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 03:48 AM   #3
Durag
RaizaBlade

Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I think theres already a thread about this man, but yeah 10/10, one of my favourite albums ever

^sick as FUCK
Durag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 05:22 PM   #4
claaa7
Killer Bob

claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

^^ it might be but it wasn't listed in the review archive so I didn't feel like searching page for page after it (the search function of this forum is straight ass)...

i remember getting this LP when I was like 15 after having heard all great shit about it but couldn't really get into most of it (except for a few like "MVP"; "Put It On" and "Let 'Em Have It L") but this shit has grew extremely much on me over the years. I always appreciated Big L's lyricism and flow but the production wasn't really my shit back then but now i can see the greatness of it... so much that this type of music is amongst my absolute favorite sub-genres of hip-hop and calling this album a straight classic. definitely miss Big L's music alot, he always brought heat - "Lifestylez", "Big Picture" and "Worldwide" documents that though I have a feeling his music would be along the lines of what Jay-Z is doing nowadays if he was still alive. R.I.P.

5/5

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!
Old 10-14-2008, 05:23 PM   #5
claaa7
Killer Bob

^^ it might be but it wasn't listed in the review archive so I didn't feel like searching page for page after it (the search function of this forum is straight ass)...

i remember getting this LP when I was like 15 after having heard all great shit about it but couldn't really get into most of it (except for a few like "MVP"; "Put It On" and "Let 'Em Have It L") but this shit has grew extremely much on me over the years. I always appreciated Big L's lyricism and flow but the production wasn't really my shit back then but now i can see the greatness of it... so much that this type of music is amongst my absolute favorite sub-genres of hip-hop and calling this album a straight classic. definitely miss Big L's music alot, he always brought heat - "Lifestylez", "Big Picture" and "Worldwide" documents that though I have a feeling his music would be along the lines of what Jay-Z is doing nowadays if he was still alive. R.I.P.

5/5

Old 10-14-2008, 07:37 PM   #6
spiggity_ace
Veteran Member

spiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venoms

^ i honestly thing if he was alive he'd be bigger than jay and nas
spiggity_ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 08:12 PM   #7
crds
ADEPT

crds iron monkeycrds iron monkeycrds iron monkeycrds iron monkey

I'm happy to own this on vinyl, dope, dope album.
crds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 02:38 AM   #8
claaa7
Killer Bob

^^ yes i own the original vinyl LP as welll, I think that was hard to find back in the day when I got it but apperantly they pressed up a re-issue i think.

Old 10-15-2008, 03:13 AM   #9
Durag
RaizaBlade

Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post

5/5
Yeah, i picked this up when i was about 15 too, and i wasnt gone on the production either. I dunno, it was too rugged, and un-melodic, i dunno, the only beats i really dug were the ones you mentioned, and maybe "The Graveyard" too, but apart from that, nah. Over the years its grown on me to be one of my favourite albums ever.

And as for what Big L would be doing nowadays? Just look at Dizzie Rascal, i dunno why im comparin them, but they both had hard rugged debuts, but that new single of Dizzie's is all over the radio - its a fuckin pop song! I think L would have done something similar to Cam, maybe not as extreme.

Actually, ever notice Dizzie and Big L kinda look alike?

^sick as FUCK
Durag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 04:11 AM   #10
Robert
1%

Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Fantastic album. I have always been a big fan of grimy beats and horrorcore rhymes and this album showcases the best of both. "Dangerzone" is probably my favourite joint on the album with "All Black" running a close second.

There are so many hilarious, witty lyrics. You can tell L had a twisted sense of humour.

"I was taught wise, I'm known to extort guys, this aint Cali, it's Harlem nigga we do walk bys"

"I wasn't poor I was PO, I couldn't afford the O R"

"I been lacing snitches inside lakes and ditches, If I get AIDS then imma start raping bitches"

A true legend.

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 06:36 AM   #11
claaa7
Killer Bob

^^ word..

Old 10-15-2008, 12:26 PM   #12
camron4589

camron4589 crouching tiger

"Im on sum wu-tang shit so protect ya fuckin neck nigga"
Old 10-15-2008, 12:53 PM   #13
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

9/10

Longbongcilvaringz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 01:02 PM   #14
TSA
www.majeofficial.com

TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

"some niggas'd still be virgins if crack never came out" AHAHAHAHHAhaHAHAHahaHH!
classic album,
Old 10-15-2008, 05:02 PM   #15
Tony Bandana
YOUR KING OF WUTANGCORP.

Tony Bandana shaolin masta killaTony Bandana shaolin masta killaTony Bandana shaolin masta killaTony Bandana shaolin masta killaTony Bandana shaolin masta killaTony Bandana shaolin masta killaTony Bandana shaolin masta killa

never heard this one...too be honest , hes iz one rapper im not that well educated on .

i heard a track called EBonics that was ill as fuck

he must of been in the time when i started to give up on hip hop when it was getting mainstream and started spinnin afterhrz housemusic.

Tony Bandana is offline   Reply With Quote