news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop > Album reviews

View Poll Results: Rate it
5 - Masterpiece 12 75.00%
4 - Brilliant 4 25.00%
3 - Good 0 0%
2 - Boring 0 0%
1 - Wack 0 0%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-26-2008, 05:39 AM   #1
claaa7
Killer Bob

claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default Lord Finesse - The Awakening

01. Da Sermon Intro
02. Time Ta Bounce (ft. Doo-Wop)
03. True And Livin'
04. O Lord (ft. Ocee)
05. Brainstorm/PSK (ft. Ocee & KRS-One)
06. Taking It Lyte (ft. MC Lyte)
07. Gameplan
08. Words from da AK (ft. Akinyele)
09. Flip Da Style
10. Showtime (ft. Showbiz)
11. Speak Ya Peace (ft. AG, Diamond D & Marquee)
12. Food For Thought
13. Da Kid Himself (ft. Kid Capri)
14. Hip 2 Da Game
15. No Gimmicks (ft. KRS-One)
16. Actual Facts (ft. Sadat X, Grand Puba & Large Professor)

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Last edited by claaa7; 10-26-2008 at 05:43 AM.
claaa7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 05:49 AM   #2
claaa7
Killer Bob

claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

this EP turned album was the last one we heard from master MC/producer Lord Finesse and I must say that for me this is where he really peaked. Production is flames throughout and 'Ness is so smooth it's ridicilous on here, his punchlines is crazy though they sometimes are so easy they'll make you laugh but still works because of the mans extreme swagger (lol, i said it). "When I be on the mic i'm making more moves than a dance instructor" hahah shit like that...

the whole concept of the album is brilliant and original and works really well, he got 9 real songs on here and surrounds them with interludes featuring dope beats and a famous MC presenting the song that's about to come up. all the guest rappers perform well on here - Finesse, OC and KRS-One on a song is a insane combination. about 2/3 of the songs on here I would give a perfect 5/5 rating and the way the album is executed as a whole is crazy so i'd give it a 9/10 rating without a problem. peep it if you haven't had the chance yet.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!
claaa7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 02:09 PM   #3
tajeco
Natureal

tajeco drunken mastatajeco drunken mastatajeco drunken masta

I like the song on 'Handsome Boy Modeling School' (Dan the Automator and Prince Paul) with Lord Finesse and Linkin Park

"This is my book, take a look, see if it grabs your attention, with a hook, the queen took the rook, into a new dimension" Tajeco
tajeco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 12:52 PM   #4
360beatz
Veteran Member

360beatz iron monkey360beatz iron monkey360beatz iron monkey360beatz iron monkey360beatz iron monkey

I still bump this classic album
360beatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 04:16 PM   #5
M-Dizzle
Allow me to demonstrate

M-Dizzle shaolin monk

Flawless flow, and head banging production....still a classic to this day
Old 06-29-2011, 01:50 AM   #6
Krusha
Caporegime

Krusha drunken mastaKrusha drunken mastaKrusha drunken masta

Brainstorm is one of the illest beats ever
Old 10-14-2011, 06:41 AM   #7
djskillz
Raggamuffin

djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

as far as punchlines go? to me this is the holy grail. lord finesse is flawless on the mic. dope punchlines without trying too hard. never sounding fake. this album is nothing but pure hip hop. 5 stars.

So many bodies on my microphone the shit's haunted
djskillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:45 AM   #8
VORTEX
Leanin' & Chillin'

VORTEX drunken mastaVORTEX drunken masta

This album is most def' a masterpiece!!!
I fucking love it to death! - "Speak Ya Peace" is my fav. joint on The Awakening closely followed up with, "O Lord" and "Hip 2 Da Game" !
VORTEX is offline   Reply With Quote