news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > Misc > Scriptures Forum > Comics

Old 03-23-2010, 03:13 PM   #1876
Poetic Wun
Non-Ignorants

Poetic Wun five deadly venomsPoetic Wun five deadly venomsPoetic Wun five deadly venomsPoetic Wun five deadly venomsPoetic Wun five deadly venomsPoetic Wun five deadly venomsPoetic Wun five deadly venomsPoetic Wun five deadly venomsPoetic Wun five deadly venomsPoetic Wun five deadly venoms
Send a message via AIM to Poetic Wun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandemic View Post
spider-woman ended with 7 because maleev's burned out...is it me or is marvel unable to sustain a book that'[s not avengers, x-related or spider-man?
really?
alls i knows is i've never felt like i wasted money till i got to the end of issue 7.
it wasnt even worth putting that story out imo

im interested to see what happens with Bruce too

Poetic Wun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 03:39 PM   #1877
main_man
BANNED FOR LIFE!

main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

its really a shame in my opinion to see spider-woman go before it even really had a chance. but, i can understand that drawing 22 issues worth of content in a little less than a year would be draining. and while the story was kinda thin, it was a great way to reestablish drew's place back in the marvel u. plus, some of my favorite art every month. worth the cover price alone for that.

at least they got a new project in the works together. too bad it aint daredevil. lol.

and i havent got a bat-book in a couple years. when morrison did the sidekicks stuck on the island of death story i checked out. too campy for my tastes. and with the whole "pirate/caveman/cowboy" batman shit, i really dont feel like im missing anything at all.lol

https://soundcloud.com/gptent/tito-lo-blak-hell
main_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 04:55 PM   #1878
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

Location: my own private domicile, and I will not be harassed...bitch!
Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

'the club of heroes' arc was one of my favorite stories from grant's run lol (i get that the international batman wannabees are campy but the story had a guy getting skinned and his face worn for show and another character getting brutally stabbed...it's not really that campy)
it's just the whole 'tortured uber-dark' batman has been done to death so this holistic approach to batman's history that embraces the more absurd aspects is a good way to reinvigorate the character in my opinion...honestly i was cool towards grant's run until that story and RIP's resolution was disappointing to me initially but to me the whole thing is just genuinely fun and energetic to read, and there's enough symbolism and background puzzles and weirdness that it's one of the only runs where i've felt like a detective figuring out where the stories going. you might enjoy tony daniel's batman arc as it is more of the vibe you would expect from batman.

i think when bruce comes back we'll be looking at this:

bruce and dick as batman (obviously the goddamned batman is the one with the bigger insignia on his chest lol)...which will probably end with grayson getting killed lol

spider-woman 1-7 could've been done in 2 issues. the decompression was egregious in this story and i am tolerant of it sometimes but this was bullshit. the art and color was consistently gorgeous but the story was asinine. i don't know where this 22 issues of content stuff comes from (i read that article as well)... i was so amped for that book too but it fell flat...bendis talked a good game lol

Last edited by Dr. Simon Hurt; 03-23-2010 at 04:57 PM.
Dr. Simon Hurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 07:00 PM   #1879
oDoUoSoKo
frieza saga

oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to oDoUoSoKo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandemic View Post
Bruce Wayne by Cameron Stewart

On his blog, artist Cameron Stewart shares some preliminary sketches of cowboy Bruce Wayne. Stewart will draw the third issue of Batman: The Return of Bruce Wayne, featuring the time-hopping lead character in the Wild West.

batman 698 art:
dope
oDoUoSoKo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 07:13 PM   #1880
oDoUoSoKo
frieza saga

oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

http://comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=25363

Marvalman one shot...fuck all that noise, give us some trades.
Old 03-23-2010, 07:29 PM   #1881
oDoUoSoKo
frieza saga

Old 03-23-2010, 08:38 PM   #1882
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

^^^they are issuing a 'marvelman classics' trade in june or july but it's all the 60s shazam ripoff crap no one gives a fuck about (assuming/hoping that's just a contractual obligation)...gives us the alan moore/gaiman stuff
Old 03-24-2010, 11:37 AM   #1883
main_man
BANNED FOR LIFE!

main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

your right, pandemic. i remember the story want horrible and the villain was cool. i guess it was the whole international batman thing that just put me off. i feel like im committing comic blasphemy by not buying a batman title at the moment. lol. but since its not bruce, i dont feel too bad.

and i was getting all star. but damn, that shit is wack. lees art is great at times, but its one of the worst things i think miller has written. at least of the miller stuff ive read.

https://soundcloud.com/gptent/tito-lo-blak-hell
main_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 12:10 PM   #1884
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

^^^you might like the streets of gotham series...the villains in that have been black mask, zsasz, firefly, man-bat...and the art is great.

the international batmen is one of those bits of 50s-60s batman continuity morrison brought back...which from people i've talked to irl is the main criticism. at the shop i go to, everyone i've talked to hates what morrison's doing, but somehow batman and robin sells out the day it comes in.

has anyone been reading sam kieth's arc in batman confidential? i'll probably check that out in trade.

all star's nuts but i think lee's art alone is worth the price.
Old 03-24-2010, 02:31 PM   #1885
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

SHIELD art...looks awesome

Old 03-24-2010, 06:14 PM   #1886
oDoUoSoKo
frieza saga

wtf wow
Old 03-26-2010, 08:50 AM   #1887
oDoUoSoKo
frieza saga

yo man, SHIELD is lookin crazy.
Old 03-26-2010, 10:16 AM   #1888
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

i read nemesis #1 at the shop...mcniven's golden and whoever colored the book killed it but millar is officially a hack now. he's done all this shit before like 10 years ago...even by his standard this is mindless and superficial.

no offense dusk, i see that you must've enjoyed it lol

oh and NA 63...mike mckone's art was fucking nice! i think the colorist helped bunches but i've never seen his layouts or figure work look this good. kudos lol
Old 03-26-2010, 11:51 AM   #1889
oDoUoSoKo
frieza saga

i didnt/couldnt take it seriously..eloels, its over the top like OML and thats what i like about it..but its more of a laughing at him (MIllar) thing...plus the sig went with gunshowers, eloels. and McNiven's worse art is still better than most peoples. as for NA, ya i was worried about mckone but he slayed it, i just wish there was more going on story wise...just as the art got consistent, the story got meh.
Old 03-26-2010, 12:06 PM   #1890
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

^^^isn't next issue the last issue (of this volume, lol)...i agree with you on the story, but i enjoy the luke cage-jessica jones dynamic and the clint-bobbi dynamic...it looks like mckone was referencing idris elba for cage lol