news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > Misc > Scriptures Forum > Comics

Old 05-01-2012, 02:55 PM   #3226
Poetic Wun
Non-Ignorants

Poetic Wun five deadly venomsPoetic Wun five deadly venomsPoetic Wun five deadly venomsPoetic Wun five deadly venomsPoetic Wun five deadly venomsPoetic Wun five deadly venomsPoetic Wun five deadly venomsPoetic Wun five deadly venomsPoetic Wun five deadly venomsPoetic Wun five deadly venoms
Send a message via AIM to Poetic Wun

can y'all help me out real quick

which series is better:

100 Bullets or Y the Last Man

Poetic Wun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 03:31 PM   #3227
main_man
BANNED FOR LIFE!

main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

y the last man is really really good.
read the whole series and its def something you should enjoy.

100 bullets i havent read, but its on my "to read" list.
i love crime noir entertainment and 100 bullets is supposed to be one of the best.

https://soundcloud.com/gptent/tito-lo-blak-hell
main_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 02:28 AM   #3228
JASPER BEARDLY
Fan of the real

JASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of fury

can ppl name their top 5 favorite comics... or something near that amount if you can only narrow it down to like 8, been trying to figure out some new stuff to peep

RIP
JASPER BEARDLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 09:30 AM   #3229
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

Location: my own private domicile, and I will not be harassed...bitch!
Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Wun View Post
can y'all help me out real quick

which series is better:

100 Bullets or Y the Last Man
i personally couldn't get into either of those; i'd recommend 'criminal' or 'scalped' ahead of either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JASPER BEARDLY View Post
can ppl name their top 5 favorite comics... or something near that amount if you can only narrow it down to like 8, been trying to figure out some new stuff to peep
current series?

saga
manhattan projects
daredevil
prophet
fatale
batman incorporated (starts a new series later this month)
Dr. Simon Hurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 05:48 PM   #3230
9th Chamber
PRODIGAL SUN

9th Chamber crouching tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by JASPER BEARDLY View Post
Daredevil
Batman
Animal Man
Swamp Thing
Amazing Spider-Man
Wolverine and the X-Men
9th Chamber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 05:50 PM   #3231
9th Chamber
PRODIGAL SUN

9th Chamber crouching tiger

Just wondering if there are any artists on here willing to submit some fan art to my website, [url]www.comicsthegathering.com

Sign up is simple, a username and password. Then hover over the community tab and a menu will drop down. Submit any art to the fan art section. Thanks in advance to anyone that submits.
9th Chamber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 09:14 PM   #3232
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9th Chamber View Post
Daredevil
Batman
Animal Man
Swamp Thing
Amazing Spider-Man
Wolverine and the X-Men
i second all of these, except maybe wolverine and the x-men (the first 7 or so issues are great, i dropped it because of the AvX silliness)
Old 05-06-2012, 10:50 PM   #3233
main_man
BANNED FOR LIFE!

main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIONEL HUTZ View Post
i personally couldn't get into either of those; i'd recommend 'criminal' or 'scalped' ahead of either.
me too. i recommend scalped above most.

and pandemic, incognito by brubaker & phillips. have you read it? and if so what would you rate it on a scale of 1-10?

and i know im supposed to be all cynical and nitpicky. but i just read the first chunk of avengers vs xmen and i gotta say.......i enjoyed it. good jam session between writers who grew up on 80s marvel continuity and are just expanding on/playing with all that.

yes. most of these heroes are acting WAY out of character for this thing. but as far as colorful cape comics go, its a lot matchups your inner child might enjoy reading. and honestly jrjr's art is great to me. reminds me of his old x-men stuff from back in the day.

Old 05-06-2012, 11:00 PM   #3234
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

^i just can't get over how irrational everyone's acting, i can see the 'seams' or the 'puppet strings' way too much to enjoy it, it all seems forced...i'd rather read claremont/jrjr 80s x-men than this, which ironically featured wolverine attempting to kill rachel summers because she had the phoenix force (of course she went on to have the phoenix force for years and it wasn't a big deal to anyone, even when it left her it was treated as a minor plot point)

to me it feels less a jam session and more like editorial/marketing gave them some bullet points they needed to hit and they had to develop a story around it.

i'd give the first incognito a 8.5/9 and the bad influences an 8, i guess...

i don't think i'm that difficult to please, but compare brubaker's writing on any of his creator-owned stuff to his marvel stuff and it feels like he's dumbing it down (that goes for bendis and hickman too...i can read aaron's marvel stuff and not feel like he's insulting my intelligence, and his stuff manages to be a lot more whimsical and 'out there' than the other guys involved with the AvX stuff)
Old 05-06-2012, 11:07 PM   #3235
main_man
BANNED FOR LIFE!

cool. ima probably get that ultimate incognito hc they got coming out. bru & phillips are the shit.

i have a theory about a vs x. emma frost is controlling not only cyclops, but also captain america. hence why they're acting totally out of character.

and claremont/jrjr x-men = my personal favorite x-men run of all time. his wolvie is only second to jim lees.

Old 05-06-2012, 11:08 PM   #3236
main_man
BANNED FOR LIFE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIONEL HUTZ View Post
to me it feels less a jam session and more like editorial/marketing gave them some bullet points they needed to hit and they had to develop a story around it.

)
damn it.

why you gotta always be right. lol

Old 05-07-2012, 12:26 AM   #3237
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

^in this case i wish i wasn't lol

you should also check out "sleeper" if you haven't already

and the claremont/paul smith/jrjr era of uncanny (160s-210s) is awesome...i didn't even read most of it until i was in college in the 'essential x-men' books and i love it so hard.

how can you not fuck with that?

Old 05-07-2012, 01:35 PM   #3238
main_man
BANNED FOR LIFE!

hell yeah.

a personal favorite.

not much fucking with that.

Old 05-07-2012, 09:55 PM   #3239
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

^yeah that issue was really good, even though piotr is a pedo.

also, the issue where they're in japan and fight a dragon is good times.
Old 05-08-2012, 07:53 PM   #3240
CuzinBilly
PRODIGAL SUN

CuzinBilly Sinister snakeCuzinBilly Sinister snake

uncanny x-men vol 1 is the shizz. ive been collectin those for yrs.
currently fukkin wit

uncanny x-men vol 2 and wolverine and the x-men they str8.

on a side note the new TMNT series is peace too.