news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > Misc > Scriptures Forum > Comics

Old 09-18-2012, 03:46 PM   #3271
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

Location: my own private domicile, and I will not be harassed...bitch!
Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I could not find either issue of Hawkeye...I still haven't copped Scalped vol 9 yet...I'll probably just wait until the last volume comes out and 'marathon' it.

Oh snap

I should probably chill on the comics and buy a phone with a better camera, but fuck it

I've kind of given up on monthlies except for the stuff I can't live without, the fact that most of the Marvel Now! stuff looks like shit is extremely helpful

Last edited by Dr. Simon Hurt; 09-18-2012 at 03:48 PM.
Dr. Simon Hurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 05:08 PM   #3272
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Also, I'm a good way through the New X-Men Omni and it's still classic stuff, the last two arcs which I hated years ago (2004?) make alot more sense to me now even if i'm not entirely sold on them...the first 2/3 of the book is incredible and i have even developed a non-ironic love of the igor kordey issues, and frank quitely, ethan van sciver, and phil jimenez murder it...the only fill-in artist who i didn't like was the guy who penciled the first appearance of quentin quire.

The Love and Rockets stuff I've never read before, but I know it's well regarded and the art is excellent, so hey.

I have all of the issues in the Grendel Omnibus but it's nice to get the Hunter Rose stories in one book...It took me like 15 years to get every issue of Grendel, including spinoffs and crossovers and now they finally start collecting it. Why this series rarely ever gets discussed as classic is mind-boggling to me. This was one of the series that really expanded my mind on what comics can do.

I'm really eager to get into the Invisibles Omni as I read some of it years ago, but never got the whole story...the book is a fucking beast though.

I sold off alot of my collection over the last month or two and ditched alot of mediocre-good stuff and unread or just meh omnibuses and shit am trying to just spend money on shit I think is really good.
Old 09-19-2012, 01:24 PM   #3273
oDoUoSoKo
frieza saga

oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to oDoUoSoKo

I unintentionally stopped picking up monthly and missed out on allred doin daredevil Smfh

UNRELATED BUT, BEWARE:
https://soundcloud.com/frieza-saga
oDoUoSoKo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:26 PM   #3274
oDoUoSoKo
frieza saga

oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

The invisibles is particularly awesome to be reading given the year we're in...

UNRELATED BUT, BEWARE:
Old 09-19-2012, 01:27 PM   #3275
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

^i know! i haven't started it yet because it's such a big ass bitch, i'm going to wait until i read the other books

DD 17 was cool...mainly a flashback and probably one of the weaker issues in the series so far, but still good

have you read any grendel or love and rockets? they seem like your type of shit
Old 09-19-2012, 11:06 PM   #3276
oDoUoSoKo
frieza saga

always meant to, sporadic issues of both tho.

UNRELATED BUT, BEWARE:
Old 10-26-2012, 08:07 AM   #3277
Fatal Guillotine
Veteran Member

Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

check the other thread a couple of comic added
Old 03-03-2013, 09:54 AM   #3278
KZA
COME AT ME BRO

KZA five deadly venomsKZA five deadly venomsKZA five deadly venomsKZA five deadly venomsKZA five deadly venomsKZA five deadly venomsKZA five deadly venomsKZA five deadly venoms
Send a message via AIM to KZA

met Chris Bachalo yesterday besides my comics I got this signed too

KZA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 12:41 PM   #3279
RADIOACTIVE MAN
Alphomega man

RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

^^^^^nice
RADIOACTIVE MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 12:43 PM   #3280
RADIOACTIVE MAN
Alphomega man

RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Simon Hurt View Post
I could not find either issue of Hawkeye...I still haven't copped Scalped vol 9 yet...I'll probably just wait until the last volume comes out and 'marathon' it.

Oh snap

I should probably chill on the comics and buy a phone with a better camera, but fuck it

I've kind of given up on monthlies except for the stuff I can't live without, the fact that most of the Marvel Now! stuff looks like shit is extremely helpful
How is that invisibles?
RADIOACTIVE MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 01:11 PM   #3281
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

It's awesome.

There are some bits where the art is not as good as other parts (the artists alternate on almost every though phil jiminez draws alot of it and he's quality), but the overall story is fantastic, the ideas are fascinating, the characters are interesting, there's some genuinely weird and creepy scenes/dialogue...even though i guess it's dated now since there are references and scenes in 2012 (and the technology and social evolution is still far beyond where we are now), i still highly recommend it.

by the time i finished it, it was definitely firm in my top 10 favorite comics series of all time, and just you asking me about makes me want to read it again (it took me like 2.5 months to read it initially)

damn, this thread has been dead for a hot minute.

The last 2 volumes of Scalped were cool, although it seemed like Aaron was rushing towards the conclusion, particularly in Volume 10. I need to marathon through that whole series soon.

What is everyone reading these days? I read Nexus Omnibus Vol. One, and that is boss; weird 80s scifi quasi-superhero series, think intergalactic Punisher guided by his dreams if he was a genius, had a girlfriend and actual friends. Orc Stain and King City are also dope, and I think people should check out. Brandom Graham, the artist/writer of King City also has a mini series 'Multiple Warheads' which is awesome. His art's like this incredibly hybrid of Moebius, Vaughn Bode, and Masamune Shirow

and his covers are usually sick

I'll post up the books I've gotten recently that I need to read when I get home.

KZA, do you post at CBR?
Old 03-07-2013, 06:25 PM   #3282
KZA
COME AT ME BRO

KZA five deadly venomsKZA five deadly venomsKZA five deadly venomsKZA five deadly venomsKZA five deadly venomsKZA five deadly venomsKZA five deadly venomsKZA five deadly venoms

On the omnibus thread most of the time. I think I've seen you post there before.

Old 03-07-2013, 07:53 PM   #3283
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

Nah I don't post there, I occasionally post at the Masterworks board; the people there are more well informed and people involved in the collections actually post there...one of the guys who put together most of the recent x-men omnibus stuff es of classics (inferno, mutant massacre, claremont/lee vol 1-2, fall of the mutants, x-force) is a regular there.

Most of the CBR people in their Omnibus threads have terrible taste, or post masturbatory nonsense imo...which makes it like wu-corp, except you can't tell people to shut the fuck up or you'll get banned) I think there is someone named Pandemic posting in there, though...I lurk to see when shit is coming out.

Oh yeah, so one of the shops in jacksonville was having a massive sale on their collections so they could stay open and I snapped up a bunch of stuff for about 100 bucks...the two marvel books, hellboy, crisis on infinite earths and the incal were used but everything else was brand new and I'm set on reading material for a hot minute.

Old 03-13-2013, 11:18 PM   #3284
KZA
COME AT ME BRO

I thought that was you on there lol.

I rarely post there and do agree that they are stupid at times. I also hate reddit r/comicbooks too. When I post sketches I get some idiot will try to tell me to post it on another subthread.

I'm just saving up right now for Wondercon and San Diego.

Old 03-14-2013, 05:49 PM   #3285
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

yeah reddit can be annoying, most of my friends swear by it

Are you going to get the 70s JRJr Iron Man Omnibus? I'm thinking about it

Definitely going to get the UXM Omnibus when the reprint comes out