news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > Misc > Scriptures Forum > Comics

Old 09-25-2009, 06:52 AM   #1081
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

Location: my own private domicile, and I will not be harassed...bitch!
Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusk View Post
same way she did....eloels...jk

btw, if Gaiman does another Sandman...Tommy Lee Edwards, Alex Maleev, and JH williams...need to be in it.
is he planning on doing more...the dream hunters story was very good that came out last year.

i would add john paul leon, ashley wood, james jean, and paul pope to the list.

williams is my art god right now lol

did anyone pick up spider-woman?
Dr. Simon Hurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 09:55 AM   #1082
Poetic Wun
Non-Ignorants

Poetic Wun five deadly venomsPoetic Wun five deadly venomsPoetic Wun five deadly venomsPoetic Wun five deadly venomsPoetic Wun five deadly venomsPoetic Wun five deadly venomsPoetic Wun five deadly venomsPoetic Wun five deadly venomsPoetic Wun five deadly venomsPoetic Wun five deadly venoms
Send a message via AIM to Poetic Wun

ye it was both really. While i don't HATE morrison, he's not my fav by any means and the art was abysmal. Quietly is almost worse than Dillon.
imo anyway... the comic shop won't buy them back from me so everyday i loath them issues more and more

Poetic Wun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 11:36 AM   #1083
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

^^^you have the individual issues of the whole series?
i'll buy them from you

comparing quietly to dillon is blasphemy lol---quietly's figure work is not to everyone's taste i understand but his design sense, panel compositions and storytelling are top of the class...we3, new x-men, and the batman stuff look great also...but to each his own, i'll respect that lol i love john romita jr's stuff and most people hate it also lol
Old 09-25-2009, 11:49 AM   #1084
main_man
BANNED FOR LIFE!

main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

john romita jr has done some of the definitive versions of marvel characters, in my opinion.
daredevil, the x-men, spider-man & punisher to name a few.definitely one of my favorites.

i looked through spider-woman but i havent read it yet. all i can say is WOW. maleev has stepped his art game up yet again and is quickly becoming my favorite artist at the moment.
main_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 02:20 PM   #1085
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

agreed on jr jr.

i just got spider-woman but haven't read it yet and got the tom strong hardcover (and batwoman and wednsday comics lol)

here's the page for the woman who modeled for spider-woman
http://www.modelmayhem.com/207620
Old 09-25-2009, 02:37 PM   #1086
KZA
COME AT ME BRO

KZA five deadly venomsKZA five deadly venomsKZA five deadly venomsKZA five deadly venomsKZA five deadly venomsKZA five deadly venomsKZA five deadly venomsKZA five deadly venoms
Send a message via AIM to KZA

asm 606 is awesome. the opening part was hilarious. between him, michelle, norah and then mj appears..

the spider-woman issue i bought the digital comic off of itunes the art is awesome but the voice acting is horrible.

old man logan giant size was a let down... it felt short and the battle between him and the hulk should have went longer.. logan killing hulks family was cool but the issue isnt worth 5 bucks...

fantastic four 571 spoilers

This is such a great arc. The collective show reed the good and the bad of what they've done (the good being terraforming several barren planets to grow food for multiple universes, the bad being lobotomizing Dooms whenever they get a chance). One of the Reeds with an Infinity Gauntlet reminds us that the IG only works in the universe it's from, which is why they haven't fixed every universe yet. The book ends with Celestials busting through one of the gateways, looking very pissed (well, as pissed as a Celestial can look).

uncanny 515 - magnetos back

KZA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 02:48 PM   #1087
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

the fantastic four sounds intriguing

can you give me some spoilers on uncanny x-men? is fraction still sucking lol

spider-woman 1 is pretty good, i love maleev's art but there's not a whole lot of story yet.

does black cat appear is spider-man?
Old 09-25-2009, 02:58 PM   #1088
KZA
COME AT ME BRO

KZA five deadly venomsKZA five deadly venomsKZA five deadly venomsKZA five deadly venomsKZA five deadly venomsKZA five deadly venomsKZA five deadly venomsKZA five deadly venoms
Send a message via AIM to KZA

black cat came back in the issue at the end they make out someone records so its all over time square and mj sees it.

spoilers for uxm... not sure if you go on the cbr boards ill just copied and paste it here >_>

Let's just get this out of the way. Fraction may have possibly redeemed his entire uninspiring run with the short clash between Emma and Storm. I won't spell it out in detail, but the gist is that Emma tells Storm to go back to Africa. It seems that he is minimizing the cast (for example, no Wallpaper New X-Men appear in this - no, Dave13, Elixir is not Secretary of Health in this reality).

We all saw the preview involving Scalphunter. I'm hoping this leads to a legitimate Nightcrawler subplot as Kurt may be the one pegged to save him.

There's a touching scene between Dr. Takaguchi and Psylocke as she performs a Japanese tea ceremony for him shortly prior to his death. The sudden Asianification of her personality is interesting to note as it's unclear whether or not she's experiencing serious personality changes from the body switch or if she has just accepted that she's permanently Asian and now is trying to fit into her new role. I expect that Fraction will be expanding upon this storyline.

The breakdown of X-Board members into factions is the most compelling part of this story. As far as I can tell, Cyclops and Storm seem to share an agenda whereas Namor and Emma seem to be lumping together and Xavier is trying to keep the very dissatisfied Hank under control. Iceman is at the table for some bizarre reason as well. They probably couldn't find Warren.

Magneto's return at the end bodes for an interesting storyline as he is clearly going to vie for his own place at the table and will probably have to make concessions to obtain it. With his presence, Nation X is going to turn into a powder keg. While Magneto's entrance comes at a key moment (as Emma is explaining to Scott how difficult it is to contain the pure evil of the Void), Magneto has run out of grand entrances in the X-World. I'm fairly certain that Fraction used a cut out from Uncanny 500 of Magneto posing.

While I like the Danger/Emma conversation, it probably comes a little too late as we've all seen how that storyline pans out in the Necrosha preview. Finally, this is the most compelling Cyclops we've seen in some time as he finally succumbs to fatigue. He's in every comic. He's saving the mutant race. He's being undermined by both Xavier and Beast and has to try to keep Storm and Emma from killing one another. And while it looks like he is about to collapse under the pressure, a good bracing spanking from Mayor Sadie on the subject of leadership is the real way to get through to him

as for spider-woman... you can watch the first episode http://marvel.com/motion_comics

did anyone peep the super hero squad last week? lol

KZA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 03:33 PM   #1089
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

hmmm...doesn't sound very good, typical of fraction to finally use storm but only as someone for emma to bitch at...plus greg land is horrible.

why even save magneto for the cliffhanger...that's all anyone probably cares about at this point
Old 09-25-2009, 07:47 PM   #1090
oDoUoSoKo
frieza saga

oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to oDoUoSoKo

Land is doing interiors? yuck. and shame on the jrjr and quietly hate..eloels...even tho i see where u comin from.
oDoUoSoKo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 08:17 PM   #1091
oDoUoSoKo
frieza saga

oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

btw...Spider Woman was good, but about Spider man...it was ok but...i really fuckin hate those opening summary pages..the design is so stupid to me.
Old 09-26-2009, 04:25 AM   #1092
Poetic Wun
Non-Ignorants

Poetic Wun five deadly venomsPoetic Wun five deadly venomsPoetic Wun five deadly venomsPoetic Wun five deadly venomsPoetic Wun five deadly venomsPoetic Wun five deadly venomsPoetic Wun five deadly venomsPoetic Wun five deadly venomsPoetic Wun five deadly venomsPoetic Wun five deadly venoms

im a lil late on this but god damn, spider woman's art is phenomenal!
too early to comment on the story but shit, thats some good work.
this cover smashes Ross.

Old 09-26-2009, 09:37 AM   #1093
oDoUoSoKo
frieza saga

perhaps^^

and i just remembered the other thing i hate...when comics have either flashbacks or pictures that appeared in other issues..and instead of the artist drawing it over...they just use the same image...looks so stupid...refer to spider woman and the summary page of spider man if u dont know what im driving at.
Old 09-26-2009, 09:50 AM   #1094
Poetic Wun
Non-Ignorants

yeah i was wondering if that was what u were referring to in the post above mine...
idk, i kinda like that... tho i can see that it gives it an unbalanced feel.
1 or 2 panels is ok...

after that it's lazy.

Old 09-26-2009, 09:58 AM   #1095
oDoUoSoKo
frieza saga

exactly^