news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Lab > Audio Booth > Battle Arena

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 02:12 PM   #1
12weLvE
Veteran Member

12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to 12weLvE
Exclamation *Round 2 (Genre Sampling)*

First and foremost I will like to thank all of the participants who made the first round one of the sickest rounds ever... A lot of close battles, but at the end the best beat took the W. Peace to Technician, Moose, Infinity, Shitao and Complex... Hopefully you guys will continue briging heat to the audio booth and def sign up for the next beat battles.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

So this weekend I tried to come up with a concept for Round 2 and I finally got it. First I needed to come up with match ups. First I wanted to do the pulling name out of the hat, but I dint want people to think that I am making that up so I came up with something else:

Names in Alphabetical Order

1) 7thgrandmantis
2) Clymax
3) Devamps
4) Erap
5) GameofDeath
6) High Def
7) MF Herbs
8) Schizo-Manic

Then to make random match-ups I paired them up; Odds V.s Odds and Evens V.s Evens, so its:

(Battle #1) 1 V.s 7

(Battle #2) 3 V.s 5

(Battle #3) 2 V.s 8

(Battle #4) 4 V.s 6

The theme of this round is going to be Genre Sampling. I assigned a genre and another related genre for every match-up, so here they are:

(Battle #1) Orchestra/Classical

(Battle #2) Jazz/Blues

(Battle #3) Soul/Gospel

(Battle #4) Rock/Alternative

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Start getting them beats ready yall. And also if anybody has a problem with the Genres please let it be known. It will be taken into consideration only if your opponent agrees. I am posting up the Beat submition threads with the deadline in a little while.

Lets have a good round yall!!

PEace

Last edited by 12weLvE; 11-10-2008 at 02:22 PM.
Old 11-10-2008, 02:19 PM   #2
THE MASON
Winter is Coming

THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

Man i am pumped for this the last round was insanity

and the match ups look so dope this time around, some of my fav's goins against each other.

Peace Chek, keep doing ya thing
Old 11-10-2008, 02:43 PM   #3
Boss_Digger
Fuck quantize!!

Boss_Digger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Boss_Digger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Boss_Digger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Boss_Digger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Boss_Digger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Boss_Digger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Boss_Digger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Boss_Digger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Boss_Digger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Boss_Digger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Boss_Digger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to Boss_Digger Send a message via MSN to Boss_Digger

yo check how picky you gonna be on the term orchestral cos its a set piece of instruments rather than a genre, cos I could enter loads of genres under the term orchestral so I just wanna be clear what your thoughts are before I go sample digging.
Old 11-10-2008, 02:53 PM   #4
12weLvE
Veteran Member

12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Ummm... I dint think of it like that... but I was thinking more like Classical stuff like Beethoven and all those classical composers.
Old 11-10-2008, 03:03 PM   #5
Boss_Digger
Fuck quantize!!

Boss_Digger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Boss_Digger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Boss_Digger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Boss_Digger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Boss_Digger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Boss_Digger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Boss_Digger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Boss_Digger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Boss_Digger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Boss_Digger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Boss_Digger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Ok i figured as much but I justed wanted to check before I went searching for orchestral scores from My Little pony lol
Old 11-10-2008, 03:05 PM   #6
12weLvE
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thgrandmantis View Post
Ok i figured as much but I justed wanted to check before I went searching for orchestral scores from My Little pony lol
haha. Good luck yo.
Old 11-12-2008, 11:16 PM   #7
MF Herbs
Monster Island Czar

MF Herbs prodigal sonMF Herbs prodigal sonMF Herbs prodigal sonMF Herbs prodigal sonMF Herbs prodigal sonMF Herbs prodigal son

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspectahChek View Post
Ummm... I dint think of it like that... but I was thinking more like Classical stuff like Beethoven and all those classical composers.

Worldwide right? Orchestras from different countries..

"Yep"
Old 11-12-2008, 11:33 PM   #8
12weLvE
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MF Herbs View Post
I guess... Yo if you have any questions or want to send me pm like you did last round feel free to do so... 7th already pm'd me.
Old 11-13-2008, 02:41 AM   #9
Boss_Digger
Fuck quantize!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MF Herbs View Post

Classical is a time period in music so Im guessing as long as we sample music composed from that time period it doesnt matter what orchestra or even instruments in some cases, plays it. I mean I doubt theres any 200 year old original recordings out there anyway lol, thats my take on it unless Check dissagrees.
Old 11-20-2008, 06:46 PM   #10
the silencer
king disguised as beggar.

the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

this is gonna be sick...
Old 11-21-2008, 02:09 PM   #11
Erap
soldier of christ

Erap five deadly venomsErap five deadly venomsErap five deadly venomsErap five deadly venomsErap five deadly venomsErap five deadly venomsErap five deadly venomsErap five deadly venomsErap five deadly venoms

yo check we already know the outcome to all these so lets move on
Old 11-21-2008, 04:20 PM   #12
12weLvE
Veteran Member

Lets give it a atleast 5 more days because I need to come up with theme to the next round anyway... plus the GameofDeath and Devamps battle can end up a close one.
Old 11-21-2008, 06:07 PM   #13
Erap
soldier of christ

Erap five deadly venomsErap five deadly venomsErap five deadly venomsErap five deadly venomsErap five deadly venomsErap five deadly venomsErap five deadly venomsErap five deadly venomsErap five deadly venoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspectahChek View Post
Lets give it a atleast 5 more days because I need to come up with theme to the next round anyway... plus the GameofDeath and Devamps battle can end up a close one.
alright fam...
Closed Thread