news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber > Album Reviews

View Poll Results: Cappadconna - The Ying and The Yang
Classic 0 0%
Superior 1 7.14%
Banger 3 21.43%
Average 2 14.29%
Mediocore 4 28.57%
Wack 4 28.57%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-26-2005, 11:43 AM   #1
voodoodrew

voodoodrew grasshopper
Send a message via Yahoo to voodoodrew
Default Cappadonna-The Yin And The Yang

Released: 2001

Tracks & Notes:

1.THE GRITS featuring 8-Off
produced by 8-Off The Assassin

2.SUPER MODEL featuring Ghostface Killah
produced by True Master

3.WAR RATS
produced by Neonek

4.BREAD OF LIFE featuring Killah Priest and Neonek
produced by Neonek

5.LOVE IS THE MESSAGE featuring Raekwon
produced by Goldfingaz

6.WE KNOW featuring Jermaine Dupri & Da Brat
produced by Jermaine Dupri

7.SHAKE DAT featuring Jamie *******
produced by Goldfingaz

8.BIG BUSINESS featuring Shyheim & Crunch
produced by Neonek

9.REVENGE featuring Timbo King
produced by Inspectah Deck

10.ONE WAY 2 ZION featuring Culture
produced by Neonek

not my favorite of his albums, but it did have some ok songs. Supermodel sounds great live and Love Is The Message reminds me of Rae on Spring Water. i wished it had more Wu producers!

voodoodrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 02:17 PM   #2
abasi
Veteran Member

abasi grasshopper
Default Re: Cappadonna-The Yin And The Yang

weakest wu album ever
the only bright spot was big business
abasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 07:02 PM   #3
mic-cord-strangler
Veteran Member

mic-cord-strangler shaolin monk

i never heard this album. saw the supermodel video a couple times. ill beat
Old 10-26-2005, 08:05 PM   #4
ol dirty abbot
shaolin shadowboxer

ol dirty abbot Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ol dirty abbot Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ol dirty abbot Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ol dirty abbot Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ol dirty abbot Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ol dirty abbot Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ol dirty abbot Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ol dirty abbot Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ol dirty abbot Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ol dirty abbot Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ol dirty abbot Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Worst shit ever fucked me right of. JERMAINE DU FUCKIN PRE???? WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT! 1/10

ol dirty abbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 11:44 AM   #5
claaa7
Killer Bob

claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

It's an aight LP in my opinion, I thought it was gonna be total bullshit after I read the reviews on it here. I recieved it today with a bunch of other wu albums i have missed out on and got a positive suprise when the first track "The Grits" came on, this was ill. And so were the next song, the single from the album "SuperModel". Actually I were feeling the album throughout at least the first half of it but the tracks, "Shake That" and the one with Da Brat was fairly wack. He came back with a couple of aight tracks at the end but this could have been so much better, i'm feeling the lyrics and cappas flow on this (for the most part at least) but some of the beats are horrible. He choosed the right name for the album at least. I'd give it 5.5/10 or 6/10.
claaa7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 11:47 AM   #6
Tage
John W. Henry

Tage Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tage Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tage Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tage Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tage Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tage Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tage Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tage Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tage Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tage Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tage Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by abasi
weakest wu album ever
the only bright spot was big business
^no way.. love is the message is sick. sick beat aswell.

but yeh this album was a let down.. one of the few i hav an original copy of aswell.. so it sucks.
Old 05-29-2006, 01:56 PM   #7
4-Bar Killer
criminologyrap

4-Bar Killer grasshopper

Aight, for once in a while Im'a go big on a review. Just took it out today and listened through, and I like it better than ever..

1. The Grits

Cappa opens the album with a introduction to the album for the listener, speaking his mind.. Works well IMO how the beat starts while he's still speaking.. The beat is really great too, 8-Off did a great job with the trompets, sounds veeery ill.. The little "blop" sound is a bit annoying, but really a great track.. Cappa drops great verses, but it's already clear on this track that Cappa isn't on the same lyrical level as he was on The Pillage.. 8-Off drops a dope verse himself.. 8/10

2. Supermodel

The Grits ended of with a funny skit about Cappa playing his man's woman.. As usual, True Master drops a BANGING beat... radio-friendly, yet ill. The lyrics are kinda dumb, but anyways a great track, mostly because of the banging beat.. 8/10

3. War Rats

This track reminds me of The Grits, but I like The Grits a bit better.. Cappa is a bit off-beat when he rhymes, but keeps it ill lyrically.. The beat is cool at first, but gets a bit annoying when you listened to it a few times.. 7/10

4. Bread of Life

ILL TRACK!! As soon as I heard "You don't really want God in your life", I knew it was a banger. The Neonek-produced beat drops, and it gets even better.. Great chorus, and Neonek drops a cool verse.. Cappa's first verse is kinda so-so, but in the middle it gets better:

"Niggas got jealous since my LP
Made life better
Now y'all hate me
Putting my life down for G-O-D"

Simple yet great lines IMO... The best thing about the song though, is Killah Priest.. Damn he came correct, killed the beat and the song.. Cappa's second verse is also a lot better than his first, and it helps him to get a bit of attention on this song, where KP stole the spotlight.. Great song.. 9/10

5. Love is the Message

Goldfingaz drops a funky, good-mood beat.. Raekwon is 100% on point.. Again though, Cappa's verse is kinda so-so.. It's good Rae is on about 50% of the song, if he wasn't on the song that much, it would have been kinda boring.. 8/10

6. We Know

Why Donna, why? 2/10

7. Shake Dat

Ok. The title made me wonder how good this song could be before I listened to it.. But I thought; well, Goldfingaz dropped a great beat for Love is the Message, so probably he does it again. I guess I was wrong. This song is even worse than We Know. HORRIBLE!! 0/10

8. Big Business

Arrh, back on point, luckily for Cappa and my ears.. The Neonek beat is very "summer-ish" IMO, and a feel-good track.. Anyways I really like it, Shy kills it, and brings the record back on point.. 8/10

9. Revenge

The Inspectah Deck-produced beat is kinda boring, but this song grew on me.. Timbo King takes it to a higher level, but he can't alone save the song from the boring Cappa verse, the boring Freemurda verse and the boring chorus. 7/10

10. One way 2 Zion

Another Neonek-produced beat, this fails to reach his other beats, but it is still ok. Cappa doesn't really rhymes on this beat, he's almost talking and it sounds different, but cool.. The song is kinda boring, but allright.. 6.5/10

11. Save the Children

Another reggae-influenced track, and this one works much better than One way 2 Zion.. Cappa rhymes alot better than on One way 2 Zion, but he still is a bit off-beat.. The chorus fits the beat great, and Culture's appereance also works better.. 7/10

Overall: 6,5

The album was really good in moments, but the accidents We Know and Shake Dat really killed the album.. Cappa did alot better than what most people says, but really the guests lyrically stole the spotlight from Cappa.. Bread Of Life was definitely the best track, that was a true banger..
Old 05-29-2006, 04:08 PM   #8
Leo Angel
Veteran Member

Leo Angel crouching tigerLeo Angel crouching tiger

Very strange album. Some standout tracks like "The Grits" (love it...), "Love Is A Message", "Bread Of Life", "War Rats" & "Big Business", some mediocre: "Supermodel" (nice beat, but awful lyrics, damn...), "Revenge" (quite boring) or "One Way 2 Zion" and two songs just (I won't even bother to write about them). Overall: nice beats, but Cappa ruins some of them by shitty lyrics. Happily some guests save at least a couple of songs: Raekwon ("Love Is A Message"), Killah Priest ("Bread Ogf Life") or 8-Off ("The Grits"). it's a 6,5/10 album
Leo Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 08:13 AM   #9
abasi
Veteran Member

abasi grasshopper

the struggle is way better
abasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 05:02 PM   #10
Grongle
Young Granger

Grongle grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to Grongle Send a message via MSN to Grongle

i poped my ear drum bumpin BREAD OF LIFE
Old 06-05-2006, 11:05 PM   #11
BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
Are U aware I ban @ will?

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

This album has these 2 pieces of crap

6.WE KNOW featuring Jermaine Dupri & Da Brat
produced by Jermaine Dupri

7.SHAKE DAT featuring Jamie *******
produced by Goldfingaz

But then it has jewels like this

1.THE GRITS featuring 8-Off
produced by 8-Off The Assassin

2.SUPER MODEL featuring Ghostface Killah
produced by True Master

3.WAR RATS
produced by Neonek

4.BREAD OF LIFE featuring Killah Priest and Neonek
produced by Neonek

8.BIG BUSINESS featuring Shyheim & Crunch
produced by Neonek

9.REVENGE featuring Timbo King
produced by Inspectah Deck

10.ONE WAY 2 ZION featuring Culture
produced by Neonek

Songs in red are my favorite

Most fans shit on this record IMO they have filtered ears and are looking for one distinct grimey sound... Oh well I still bump this album immature ears pass on this album
Old 06-06-2006, 09:31 AM   #12
Kong
Veteran Member

Kong drunken mastaKong drunken mastaKong drunken masta

i didn't like this one that much. couple of good tracks though.
Old 06-06-2006, 02:30 PM   #13
Da Dishonourable Don
HEAVYWEIGHT MEMBER

Da Dishonourable Don grasshopper
Send a message via MSN to Da Dishonourable Don

This album sucks! That's all I got to say, nothing like The Pillage, I hated it!
Da Dishonourable Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 02:39 PM   #14
num2son
Kung Fu Alter Ego

num2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venoms
Send a message via AIM to num2son Send a message via MSN to num2son Send a message via Yahoo to num2son

I only liked one song "Love it the message"

Sig by Born Invincible
Winner of The Sports Zone Award2006
num2son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 03:11 PM   #15
Sincere83
Banned

Sincere83 grasshopper

This album is way better than that Lex Diamond Story Bullshit.....
Sincere83 is offline   Reply With Quote