news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Know The Ledge

Old 11-19-2008, 12:42 PM   #1
TSA
BIG OPINION, BIGGER LOAD

www.majeofficial.com

TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default Losing a Language

hi

i will be replicating KTL threads with noble ideas but only i will filther out of all racial low esteem, projected self hatred, lack of diplomas, poppa wu, made up worlds, and implication that reptitles have been ruling humanity for 5000 years so that they can take over the world.

anyways this is about dying languages and the likes.
I hate to say, but my own Igbo language is slowly dying and its reached the point that most igbo speakers except the exceptionally articulate have to use at least 2 english word per 4 sentences.

africans have always had a tradition of switching languages multiple times when they talk.

my parents often use english, igbo and anything else that their disposal in the same sentence, but it appears local languages are loosing ground.

Igbo movies are all in english. Nigeria is launching its own digital BBC type super channel that will be all over africa and beyond, theres a channel for every majory language in Nigeria except igbo.

now heres the irony, almost the entire staff of the company and nigerian entertainment industry is run by igbos.

tragic.
Old 11-19-2008, 01:42 PM   #2
Mic Tyson
Heisman

Mic Tyson five deadly venomsMic Tyson five deadly venomsMic Tyson five deadly venomsMic Tyson five deadly venomsMic Tyson five deadly venomsMic Tyson five deadly venomsMic Tyson five deadly venomsMic Tyson five deadly venomsMic Tyson five deadly venomsMic Tyson five deadly venoms

Rofl
Old 03-25-2009, 10:08 AM   #3
Black Man
Veteran Member

Black Man crouching tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShaolinAssassin View Post
hi

i will be replicating KTL threads with noble ideas but only i will filther out of all racial low esteem, projected self hatred, lack of diplomas, poppa wu, made up worlds, and implication that reptitles have been ruling humanity for 5000 years so that they can take over the world.

anyways this is about dying languages and the likes.
I hate to say, but my own Igbo language is slowly dying and its reached the point that most igbo speakers except the exceptionally articulate have to use at least 2 english word per 4 sentences.

africans have always had a tradition of switching languages multiple times when they talk.

my parents often use english, igbo and anything else that their disposal in the same sentence, but it appears local languages are loosing ground.

Igbo movies are all in english. Nigeria is launching its own digital BBC type super channel that will be all over africa and beyond, theres a channel for every majory language in Nigeria except igbo.

now heres the irony, almost the entire staff of the company and nigerian entertainment industry is run by igbos.

tragic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mic Tyson View Post
Rofl
Follower.....
Black Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 04:40 PM   #4
WARPATH
Dinosaur Hunter

WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via Skype™ to WARPATH

The only way to save it is to teach the kids when they're around 4-5 years old.
Old 03-25-2009, 08:32 PM   #5
EAGLE EYE
0110111101110000011001010111001001100001011101000110100101101111011011100010000001100111011101010110100101101100011011000110111101110100011010010110111001100101

EAGLE EYE has disabled reputation

If humans all spoke one language would this be good or bad?

Would a lot of barriers be broke down?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Bandana View Post
you dont want me coming around dressed in black homie
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA View Post
Honestly dude, this is why I want to go to hell. Hell is crackin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crump Diddy View Post
Did I scare you?
EAGLE EYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 08:51 PM   #6
whitey
Wu Vatican

whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

the world has lost many languages. and will loose many more. most languages we're just a previous language that had been isolated long enough it had formed a new one. change is inevitable. everything changes. everything evolves.
The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.
whitey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 08:57 PM   #7
Mic Tyson
Heisman

Mic Tyson five deadly venomsMic Tyson five deadly venomsMic Tyson five deadly venomsMic Tyson five deadly venomsMic Tyson five deadly venomsMic Tyson five deadly venomsMic Tyson five deadly venomsMic Tyson five deadly venomsMic Tyson five deadly venomsMic Tyson five deadly venoms

^^^^^yeah especially with english taking over every language as the primary language. now we got shit like "spanglish" or whatever when these languages get mixed with english. people need to still keep their culture and make sure that they still know their original language
Old 03-25-2009, 09:06 PM   #8
whitey
Wu Vatican

whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

i agree. if people want to by all means.
The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.
Old 03-26-2009, 03:49 PM   #9
Cee Oh Vee
Capo

Cee Oh Vee drunken mastaCee Oh Vee drunken masta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slang Gargoyle View Post

Wow, I have never thought about this before. It's an interesting thought.

I'm sorry I can't answer your question, by the way.

Peace.

I seek refuge with the Lord of Daybreak

Cee Oh Vee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 04:31 PM   #10
YungSunny
Buddha Blessed

YungSunny drunken mastaYungSunny drunken masta

Quote:

There would most likely just be more wars.
Old 03-26-2009, 04:39 PM   #11
Koolish
Don't Mess With It

Koolish drunken mastaKoolish drunken masta

Quote:

tower of babel so they say
Koolish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 07:08 PM   #12
Mic Tyson
Heisman

Quote:

i think it would be bad because people would lose part of their culture. if u mean from the beginning of time if we all had one language i don't think that would change anything because the majority of fighting is still due to race and/or religion
Old 03-26-2009, 07:49 PM   #13
whitey
Wu Vatican

very rarely do people ever fight because of race. religion though is something that people fight over. usually humans fight because they want what the other person/group/tribe/nation/country has. the "what" in the aforementioned sentence could be any number of things.

Old 03-26-2009, 08:16 PM   #14
Mic Tyson
Heisman

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitey View Post
very rarely do people ever fight because of race. religion though is something that people fight over. usually humans fight because they want what the other person/group/tribe/nation/country has. the "what" in the aforementioned sentence could be any number of things.
what about colonization? the reasons for, say West Africa's colonization might not have started as a race issue, but it sure turned into one very quickly. they started trying to civilize a race

and there still is shit like when all of the blacks moors were killed or kicked out of spain not only because of their religion but race as well. spain and portugal tried to "Whiten" their country
Old 03-26-2009, 09:23 PM   #15
whitey
Wu Vatican

colonization was never done because they were black. it was done to enrich the mother country. the side effects of "civilizing" were just that, a by product. the middle east was colonized, the americans, asia. they didnt do it in spite who of who the people. they did it because they had the means to pillage, and they wanted what others had.

im not saying it doesnt, or may not have happend. but in the grand scheme of wars in this worlds time, the vast majority havent been racially motivated.