news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Lab > Audio Booth > Battle Arena

View Poll Results: *PLEASE SAY WHO YOU VOTED FOR*
Devamps 9 75.00%
GameofDeath 3 25.00%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 07:02 PM   #1
12weLvE
Veteran Member

12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to 12weLvE
Question Devamps V.s GameofDeath (Vote)

Who rocked it??

Genre: Jazz/Blues

Contestants;

Devamps - http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7069494

---------------------------------------------------------------

GameofDeath -
http://www.soundclick.com/util/getpl...d=7070386&q=hi

---------------------------------------------------------------

Rules;

No Voting for yourself!!

Voting will end Nov 27

Last edited by 12weLvE; 11-20-2008 at 08:45 PM.
Old 11-20-2008, 07:31 PM   #2
12weLvE
Veteran Member

12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Sickness from both contestants... I will def be voting soon.
Old 11-20-2008, 08:27 PM   #3
DEVAMPS
Veteran Member

DEVAMPS shaolin masta killaDEVAMPS shaolin masta killaDEVAMPS shaolin masta killaDEVAMPS shaolin masta killaDEVAMPS shaolin masta killaDEVAMPS shaolin masta killaDEVAMPS shaolin masta killa

good lookin chek-- o yo games link aint workin..
Old 11-20-2008, 08:42 PM   #4
12weLvE
Veteran Member

Link is fixed.. thanks for pointing it out.
Old 11-20-2008, 08:50 PM   #5
360beatz
Veteran Member

360beatz iron monkey360beatz iron monkey360beatz iron monkey360beatz iron monkey360beatz iron monkey

both beats have their own swagger, tuff call gotta give them another spin before I vote
Old 11-20-2008, 10:23 PM   #6
THE MASON
Winter is Coming

THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Shit, i have spun both beats like 10 times

Vamps on some like laidback, tell a story, some a blunt type beat, i could see Ghost killin this track, or MK. Just had a real feel but you in the clouds lol

G.O.D is like a marching into combat song, some 9th prince style beat. I just wanted to fuck someone up, and the percussion was tight

givin it too Vamps, truely only cuz i had to pick lol

ELITE STATUS
Old 11-21-2008, 09:03 AM   #7
Boss_Digger
Fuck quantize!!

Boss_Digger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Boss_Digger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Boss_Digger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Boss_Digger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Boss_Digger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Boss_Digger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Boss_Digger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Boss_Digger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Boss_Digger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Boss_Digger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Boss_Digger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to Boss_Digger Send a message via MSN to Boss_Digger

Almost impossible to choose between the two if Im honest, even from a technical aspect........ Games low end had minor distortion on it IMO but Vamps low end lacked a bit IMO so from that stand point both beats were equal. I liked both beats equaly to which makes it very hard to choose. In the end I went vamps cos I felt he did a little bit more with his chosen sample and thats all I could come up with to sway me in either direction so Major props to you both
Old 11-21-2008, 11:46 AM   #8
Complex
GODS-ILLA

Complex prodigal sonComplex prodigal sonComplex prodigal sonComplex prodigal sonComplex prodigal sonComplex prodigal son

Imma have to marinate on this one......
Old 11-21-2008, 11:53 AM   #9
INF
Digital @fterLife

INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to INF

This is the last match up I have left to vote for and its funny cuz the others were sweeps in the polls from what I seen after I voted and I'm sure this one is gonna be neck and neck. I'll be surprised if ya'll dont tie or come neck and neck.

Both of these beats are BANGIN!

I could write to both of these with ease. and so I gotta think about that when I make this vote.

its still a tie in my mind

but it breaks down to a few things

for 1) if you turn down the bass slightly on Vamps' track then you kinda lack the richness of it where as with GAME's he has it so that its still full on the low even when you got it turned down.

But ME???? I like to bang my shit till the neighbor start loading warning shots in the clip and thats real.

soooo

I'm gonna say that I would get a little more loose to the Vamps track. The cymbal pace of game's track isnt really what I look for even though it sounds tight. Maybe I just cant ride it , who knows.

Vamps for the win

Peace and Respect to both ya'll
Old 11-21-2008, 01:01 PM   #10
Erap
soldier of christ

Erap five deadly venomsErap five deadly venomsErap five deadly venomsErap five deadly venomsErap five deadly venomsErap five deadly venomsErap five deadly venomsErap five deadly venomsErap five deadly venoms

had to go wit vamps... game joint was dope but i had to choose 1 so i did
Old 11-21-2008, 02:48 PM   #11
360beatz
Veteran Member

360beatz iron monkey360beatz iron monkey360beatz iron monkey360beatz iron monkey360beatz iron monkey

I voted for vamps the track had more of a jazz/blues feel, but both beats was dope
Old 11-21-2008, 03:18 PM   #12
12weLvE
Veteran Member

Both tracks were pure bangers... Had a real hard time with this one, but I went with the track that suited my taste a little better and that was GameofDeath's... Both tracks were equally hot, but I really felt the drum rhythm, and the darkness of Games track. Devamps beats was off the hook though not suprised to see him on top at the moment.

This one might end up being either close, or a landslide... we will see... good luck yall.
Old 11-22-2008, 12:01 AM   #13
the silencer
king disguised as beggar.

the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Vamps- that joint is absolute butter...love everything about it..

GoD- wow, some eerie dopeness right here..

since i gotta pick 1 i'll take Devamps but this shit should go into overtime or somethin...
Old 11-22-2008, 09:50 AM   #14
Sinapse
Hip Hop aholic

Sinapse five deadly venomsSinapse five deadly venomsSinapse five deadly venomsSinapse five deadly venomsSinapse five deadly venomsSinapse five deadly venomsSinapse five deadly venomsSinapse five deadly venomsSinapse five deadly venomsSinapse five deadly venoms

For me it was kind of an easy choice because I thought Devamps did the task more, both beats were equally well done overall, but Vamps beat was much more in line with the sampling genre in terms of the beats vibe.
Old 11-24-2008, 02:15 PM   #15
DEVAMPS
Veteran Member

DEVAMPS shaolin masta killaDEVAMPS shaolin masta killaDEVAMPS shaolin masta killaDEVAMPS shaolin masta killaDEVAMPS shaolin masta killaDEVAMPS shaolin masta killaDEVAMPS shaolin masta killa

shot to those who voted for me-- i prolly mighta voted for game myself his shit was fire
Closed Thread