news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber

Old 08-13-2014, 07:57 AM   #1
claaa7
Killer Bob

claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default LL Cool J Ft. Raekwon, Murda Mook & R. Browz - "I'm Nice"

LL Cool J has probably dropped more wack music than any other hip-hop legend of all time, yet i will always consider him a hip-hop god - the creator of "Radio" and "Mama Said Knock You Out", two of the best albums ever made. In fact to me he didn't at all fall off until he released "Phenomenon" and since then he hasn't truly recovered although albums like "G.O.A.T." and "Exit 13" had its moments.

Now he's gearing up to release "G.O.A.T. 2" and so far he has released two single. the latest of them, titled "I'm Nice", features Raekwon, Murda Mook and Ron Browz over a rowdy beat. The earlier ragga induced single is produced by Jerry Wonda of Fugees fame and is called "I'm A Hustla". Check them out both below:

"I'm Nice" (Ft. Raekwon, Murda Mook & Ron Browz)

"The Hustler"

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!
claaa7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 08:19 AM   #2
Rame
Wu Vatican

Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Autotune in 2014.. Cringe factor x1000. Fucks up an otherwise dope track.

Best verse is by LL, still a legend even after dropping a bunch of lackluster albums.

Chorus on ''The Hustler'' also not my taste but his verse is dope and the beat ok.

Overall not bad. This makes me look forward to G.O.A.T. 2. I just hopes he keeps the corny sounds/beats/choruses to a minimum.

Rame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 01:24 PM   #3
5th state
Pat down Dan Aykroyd

5th state shaolin masta killa5th state shaolin masta killa5th state shaolin masta killa5th state shaolin masta killa5th state shaolin masta killa5th state shaolin masta killa5th state shaolin masta killa5th state shaolin masta killa

^^Co-sign on everything Rame says.

High profile releases are too dependent on hooks. Ron Browz was never that fresh in the first place. This beat is so good the MCs should be able to just go in without a chorus. I'd love to hear Mef & Red freestyle over this beat.

The LL verse was a cut above some of the tracks from his latest albums.
Old 08-13-2014, 01:57 PM   #4
claaa7
Killer Bob

claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

yeah LL sounded nice on both cuts, no doubt... good to hear Rae and LL collaborate too. Ron Browz apparantly produced the beat for this as well

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!
claaa7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 05:26 AM   #5
Kanha
Wu Vatican

Kanha iron monkeyKanha iron monkeyKanha iron monkeyKanha iron monkey

Raekwon was on his classic shit on "im nice"
Kanha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 10:10 PM   #6
Miliato
meet me in the lobby

Miliato prodigal sonMiliato prodigal sonMiliato prodigal sonMiliato prodigal sonMiliato prodigal sonMiliato prodigal son

Quote:
Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post
LL Cool J has probably dropped more wack music than any other hip-hop legend of all time, yet i will always consider him a hip-hop god - the creator of "Radio" and "Mama Said Knock You Out", two of the best albums ever made. In fact to me he didn't at all fall off until he released "Phenomenon" and since then he hasn't truly recovered although albums like "G.O.A.T." and "Exit 13" had its moments.

Now he's gearing up to release "G.O.A.T. 2" and so far he has released two single. the latest of them, titled "I'm Nice", features Raekwon, Murda Mook and Ron Browz over a rowdy beat. The earlier ragga induced single is produced by Jerry Wonda of Fugees fame and is called "I'm A Hustla". Check them out both below:

"I'm Nice" (Ft. Raekwon, Murda Mook & Ron Browz)

"The Hustler"
I remember REALLY looking forward to Exit 13 after hearing this...

Unfortunately the track didn't even make the album when it could have been a standout on there. Between this track and how he promoted it I was really looking forward to the album. ended up being disappointed. There's only a few tracks I like off it. Didn't live up to the hype. Mr. Smith is in my top 5 and i'm always checking for new LL. I miss the cocky LL from the mid 90's. dude was a beast on the mic and prob the only one doing the 'sex symbol' thing at the time. Once 50 did it, almost every rapper that came out went for that image. and even though second round ko could be one of the best diss tracks ever, LL's little warning verse on 4321 pretty mean lyrically.

Peace Claaa
Thanks for the info and tracks. I actually got a hold of GOAT after reading this...never listened to it. him on the '97 mentality' sample is dope!
Miliato is offline   Reply With Quote