news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 12-09-2008, 01:37 PM   #1
Edgar Erebus
Munching eyes since 1989

Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Thumbs up Slim Fantom presents: YOUR FAVORITE RAPPER SUCKS

Simple and plain as a pancake. You name a rapper and I tell you why does he suck.

Just few basic rules:

1) No nominations of rappers that everyone agrees they suck (ex. Shawty Lo, Gucci Mane, Dee Dee Ramone).

2) No nominations of rappers that are so obscure that even I haven't heard they shit. I think everyone understands why do they suck.

3) Although the title says "rappers" group nominations are accepted. However, after I do a group, you can't nominate a rapper from it unless he became bigger star than the group was. Also, no groups that function as a main star weed carriers, everyone knows why do they suck.

4) No nominations of producers, DJ's, instrumentalists or whatever. They'll get their own thread. However, a producer-MC that's capable enough in both fields can be discussed from MC standpoint.

So, there you have it. Let the party begin.

UPDATES:

Ghostface Killah

Ah. Mr. Starks came first, excellent, I was thinking of him while creating the thread. Ghost sucks because he's an act. And an extremely ill-defined act at that. Who is Ghostface Killah? Is he that misogynist asshole who fucked your friend, yeah you stank hoe? Is he that soft and tender wimp who was slobbering at sight of her putting her cigarette in her mouth - and is unable to even get her number? Is he that maniacal killer who makes you rock those false joints for fucking with his man? Is he that sobbing prayer who wants to be sacrificed so that his kids can be in paradise? Or is he just that dude that's always telling something very jovially, but nobody ever understands him?

Wait, the best part comes straight up. He's inclined to talk tough 'bout meeting this OG's and making coke deals and whatever - yet he raps all that in a voice of a 12-year old girl drowning in her own tears. I mean, how can you take seriously a man who apparently walks around breaking jaws and still sounds like he grew up without testicles? And if that wasn't enough, he concluded that he must talk slang-heavily to be a mafioso, but po' boy doesn't know any slang words, so he must INVENT THEM. He gots to make up what he thinks streets sound like. Yeah. A male girl who raps his tough street fantasies. He should be white.

Oh yeah, and he's the man of the 70's, I shouldn't forget that. He just loves Temptations and Marvin Gaye and Aretha Franklin (sounding like earless version of the latter) so much that he just has to make a R&B album. Talking about hardcore hip-hop and loyalty to the game. He doesn't even like rap - how can he not suck?

C-Bo

Oh yeah, the hardcore ass gangsta from Bay Area (that hyphy Bay Area, you immediately know what time it is) who always spits that thug motherfuckin shit because he's too stupid to do anything else. What, he's real, isn't he, he was doing bids and everything? Well I could respect his gangster if I gave a flying fuck, but how can I respect his rap game if he sounds like a thick-tongued version of Big L without technique? Over BAY AREA beats? C'mon.

Rakim

What makes Rakim such a great MC? Does he leave you wordless with his vividly told and intense stories? Not quite. Is he capable to make your jaw drop with displays of honesty and soul? Even less, bruh. Does he create muy controversia with smart and on point political statements that make you think whether you like it or not? Uh...

So what's left? Bragging about the mic? Oh well... I could even stomach it, if he could at least prevent you from falling asleep with that. He physically can't put any stress on words, his throat is made in such way that's impossible for him to ever raise his voice. He's actually unable to switch his flow up. He just goes on 'n' on for days and days with that limp delivery. I mean, his whole career sounds like smoothened-out "A Milli".

You want further proof? He OWES his career to Eric B. The point is, Rakim never fell off. But while Eric B. was able to find dope ghostproducers in an era when you could actually make original compositions from loads of samples, propelling Rakim to stardom, just look what happened when laws forced production to be dumbed-down. I repeat, Rakim didn't change a bit during that period.

Oh yeah, also a problem - he didn't change a bit. Trying to sell same shit that was in twenty years ago.

Jay-Z

Ooh, S. Carter, the swaggering ultra-rich cocky motherfucker everyone's jockin'. Well, let's scrape under that surface and what do we find? A po' thick-lipped small black dude with inferiority complex so huge it can't even be cured.

He's so insecure about his lyrics that he constantly has to bite other rappers lyrics to be sure he has at least one line worth the listener's while. He's so insecure about his albums that he must put out one every year - 'cause he's eaten inside by the doubt that if he waited more than 12 months, listeners could as well as forget he exists. He's so insecure about his appearance that he constanly needs to repeat how cocky he is just to convince himself that he isn't a total weenie. He's so insecure about his sound that he always has to run with whichever rapper or producer is hot at the moment. He's so insecure about his clique that he's lately actually avoiding to be seen with them, 'cause he can't sleep thinking if they suit him or not.

And he got only in one real beef during his whole career, where this inferiority complex made him flail. Sorry, in all of his disses he came more like Nas fanboy than a person who wants to get at him. All of his disses came in a matter of weeks after Nas shots came, while Nas even let it all bubble for months before coming out. And he was literally left WORDLESS with Ether, he broke down on radio when asked about it. And he failed even at fucking Nas baby mama.

T.I.

T.I. is the king of South.

That's it. What more can you say about this dude? Did he ever reveal anything else in his raps other than that he's big swaggerin' king with his street side? His whole career could as well be called "How to say you're the king of South in 103 ways." The number is prolly smaller, 'cause he sometimes repeats himself - but, man, you simply can't avoid it when you ran out of things to say with your first song.

Oh yeah. You can say one more thing about him. He's sure to jump on whatever bandwagon rolls by at the moment to increase his sales, including auto-tune singing, that greasy sell-out. And is he biting Jay-Z for appearance?

Sage Francis

He sucks because he's too white. He sucks because he has some weird beard. He sucks because he raps by-the-books. He sucks because he's a fan of Winona Ryder. He sucks because he's a care bear. Need more?

Killah Priest

First of all, he's a Wu affiliate, that already tells you almost all you need to know about him. Second, he's too much priest and not enough killah. Okay, dude has his religious views and everything, anyone who uses his brain for more than eating and shitting has them, but - c'mon, you can't make a whole fucking career based on that. Who is he making all that theologizing and historizing for anyway? For the people? Folks either don't understand or can't stomach what he's saying all the time.

And he has a monotone (boring) flow. And he rolls with same obscure losers as himself. And he can't even get RZA to produce for him as a Wu affiliate.

Nas

There's been so much said about Nas these days on this forum that I don't know what can I say about him anyway. Well, let's switch the script a bit and talk about his flaws, not his sins.

For starters, he completely deserves comparison with Rakim, as he always raps with the same flow - no matter what beat he's on. But he's even worse, Rakim can't switch it up; Nas can, he proved it already on "One Mic." But he sticks with that played-out declamatory spitting because it's easy, and he's such a great man and lyricist he doesn't need to care how to present himself, lazy motherfucker.

Then, he absolutely loves the smell of his own dick. Nas is actually Peter Sellers, didn't you know that? He can be whatever you want, he can be a Colombian mafioso, or street prophet, or mainstreamish version of Killah Priest, or a revolutionary who gets old, all while keeping his swaggerin' and flossin'. And what's even worse, he's lame and unconvincing in most of these attempts, because you FEEL he's trying so hard not to be him. And I simply don't understand why, if he kept his career in Illmatic vibe he'd be at least equally successful, if not more, and everyone would love him.

I can't escape this feeling that Nas is actually a chickenshit, a scared-of-life yes-man, who avoids standing for himself and rather listens to whatever whoever says to him, MC Serch, Steve the Commissioner, Destiny, Jigger, whoever. He's just a chicken who tries to squash all beef and even kept his mouth shut when Pete Rock fucked his girlfriend, or Pac checked him in the park back in '96. "I'ma put out a diss track, now if you don't wanna problems just keep your mouf shut then and then maybe we chill." Do you say something like that to someone you actually consider a man?

AND, he's bad at sex. Did you notice that every girlfriend cheats on him?

Black Thought

If we put aside that he's charisma-free and is one of the rappers unable to switch up flow if his life depended on it, which already makes him a basket case, we can still pick on him because he's obviously dying to be accepted as an embodiement of black thought (which already makes him white, no matter what rainbow color he appears to be).

He was too thoughtful to be a decent battle rapper through most of his career, filled with limp brag-about-the-mic raps that got Roots a bad name along with ?uestlove losing his mind.

Now, for his two last albums, he employed his royal thoughtfulness in more political ways, and, like most amateur politicians, he failed badly at that. Yeah, bravo, the solution to all word problems is in that you gotta get money so it won't get at you, well that's surely something no one thought about. It'd surely help all other brothers in the 'hood, won't it? Oh yeah, I forgot, he ain't a ghetto child, he's an university jock. So now we have an educated selfish motherfucker on a mission to save dah black nation by means of self-enriching. That's why he sucks like a vacuum cleaner.

Method Man

You already know the main Meth complaint: that he's DAH most disappointing MC to ever come up. He's almost a professional buzz killer. He makes the buzz of a hornet nest with his guest appearances and collaborations, and then drops a solo album that functions as an insecticide.

And that's sad as fuck, and pisses me off so bad I wanna fucking shove his head in Tical 0 jewel case. You know why? He's one of the really few MC's in whose technique I can't find any flaw: he's versatile flower, he's capable of doing any subject matter from love songs to battle raps to mafia shit, he sounds excellent over any kind of beat from G-funk to Diddy-pop, he can be slow and seductive on one song and madder than a hatter on another and his lyrics always make sense. He has such an energy that you don't even need to be on a concert, you buckwild in your room with headphones on. He has improved over years. How many rappers can say that they're better fifteen years into career than when they first showed up?

And despite all of that he can't make albums that are above decent (save for the debut, but that was '94 anyway, more a RZA thing than anyone others'). Seems that he's, despite everything positive about him, simply mentally handicapped from crafting something on his own. A dream follower. Extremely talented and unforgivably dumb. Alas.

GZA

Suffers from same disease as Rakim: complete inability to make his flow interesting. Even worse, he shows pathological inclination to go off-beat. And he never even raps on fast beats (he used to, but results were, more than not, quite mediocre).

What else? He's another "Nas" genius who's so awesome that it's your own fault if you don't recognize his awesomeness. In his case, it goes on the subject matter versatility, because he can rap about anything, but instead mainly ends up on philosophies, microscope and spaceships. What's even better, it's not from laziness, it's deliberate: he's like Cam'ron in a way, just that Cam'ron says "no homo" when saying something not remotely gay (what does it say about him?), and GZA wants to be "no corny" when rapping something not remotely stale (what does it say about him?). And so he ends up being boring and predictable. Bravissimo.

And he's a storyteller so frustrating that you wanna slap him across the ears. He starts telling a story so vivid you can literally picture everything he's saying, makes a plot worth of a Scorsese movie, and then it's suddenly over and you are like: "The fuck?" He never ended any of his stories. Nothing ever happens in his stories. Probably because he doesn't want them to be corny.

Big L

(I never liked to diss dead people, probably my clan-based Mediterranean upbringing. But, I have a sense of obligation here...)

Why did he suck, apart from that he used to write his freestyles and then repeat them in his songs? Well, for starters, because he's a totally inhuman rapper. Nothing human ever in Big L's songs, just a lot of haaaaard thug shit talk - always in form of punchlines that mostly don't have any connection between them - and flossing and sexing. No soul. (That's always case with short rappers, they live with that murdering inferiority complex and must cover it up with too excessive blingin and thuggin.)

He even used to rap like a robot: always screaming his rhymes at top of his lungs with that high-pitched nasal voice. Always. Never slow and threatening. (Again because he was short, because he must got used to it during childhood, nobody would notice him if he wasn't the loudest in the group. Prolly no one took him serious even when he learned to scream).

Del tha Funkee Homosapien

Let's start with one of the most idiotic names a rapper ever thought of. Del. Reminds me only of a certain Del Trotter, remember what a buffoon was him? Then, "funkee". Like "funky" wasn't showing well enough that here we are talking about good-intended, naive and non-threatening fun, he had to change it to "funkee" to make it as wimpy as possible. And, last but not least, "homosapien". I gotta give it to him, though, it takes courage to have a name with "homo" in it in the rap world, but even if we don't think that way it sounds nerdy as that kid with beer-bottom glasses no one wanted to be noticed with.

And, believe it or not, with that I said everything about his music too. It's silly, corny, wimpy, nerdy and sends around gay vibes, prolly because of his forced-up delivery. He's basically, the ultimate oreo-cookie rapper.

AZ

How to predict how will AZ's next effort sound like? Very simply: check out Nas's last offering.

Every normal rapper would try their best to jump outta the shadow of the man who put them on the map. But don't count AZ as normal: he made his career by repeating whatever Nas did before him. Just look, even quality of his albums had same ups and downs as Nas': classic debut, lame follow-ups, jump back on high grounds in '01... He even repeated "Untitled" formula for his latest mixtape.

Every now-and-then, though, he'd try to make up something on his own, and that is actually the worst we can expect from him. He either lives on the intellectual level of a great white shark or he has a nerval block from expressing any of his feelings. He's never sad, never happy, never bored, never tired. He still rides mafioso shit, 12 years since it became played-out, and he still sticks with the most basic formula of it. As monotonous as his delivery.

And he sounds like a female. For real, I used to mix him up with Foxy Brown.

Notorious B.I.G.

Another B.I.G. act. The biggie bad flosser, mafia don Frank Blizzard, moves his pinky and you're dead, fuckin girls all around. Yeah.

And then you get to know him and you realize that he was a dude who never overcame his Edip's complex, being mama's huge boy at age of 25. Not to even mention that he was an incredibly smart dumbass, a straight A kid (that's gangsta) who fucked it all up for standing up on the corner and being a small-time dealer. Maybe he was autistic or something, because at age of 22 he showed intellectual level of a fresh teen, frustrated because of his fatness (asthmatic, goddamn), depressed rebel without a cause with suicidal thoughts.

But, okay, he at least had balls to say how it is on his first album, but until second he just became another in the line of mediocre bling rappers utterly bored with their life. Not to mention that somewhere in the process he almost completely lost his ability to rap in legit sentences.

When it comes to sex - c'mon, who was he fooling? Someone that fat can't fuck at all, I mean how can anyone get to his dick through those hundreds of pounds of jelly fat? Noticed how every fat rapper loves to brag about his sexual escapades? There's a very simple reason: they don't get any. And, because Biggie was obviously still in puberty, he had to make up all those stories with shitting and Manila trilla to impress his classmates. So, let's sum up why Biggie sucked: because he was a depressed fat fucked-up lying lifetime adolescent mama's boy. Content?

The Clipse

Damn, Whitey, how did you guess it? Yeah, they suck because they have a topic range of an old man's piss. And don't forget, they don't even tell some stories of any interest, no progress in their career. They became rich and all that from posting up on the corner. Yeah, sure.

But let's go a bit further. Virginia has it's special flavor (no matter how wack it is), but it's a part of East Coast. Always been, always will be. But not for Clipse, so they have to jump on the bandwagon and be down South coke sellers. Ooooooooh. And with that, they have to talk about riding around shinin', chains you see from far, and grindin' and trill. Yes, trill. They don't floss, they don't even bling, they trill. 'Cause small-time wannabe hustlers have this inferiority complex from big Houston/Miami bawses. I should be grateful they at least don't fake Southern growl, but I simply can't, because they have voices so wimpy they can only remind me of going into a toilet and taking a big nice dump.

Oh yeah, and they skipped class when word "technique" was being learned, that's also worth mentioning.

Kool G Rap

Correct guess again. Although he's (or was) more than capable battle rapper, don Kool Giancanna Rap - nigga please - loves only telling mafia stories. He's good at it, I can't deny, the only problem is that he ran out of stories worth telling around time he broke up with DJ Polo, that'd say, even before mafioso rap became huge, so he cheerfully prevented himself from capitalizing on its success. But nevermind, 'cause he'd fail either way: the story about him and DJ Polo is basically same as Rakim/Eric B. story - Polo was excellent in picking fresh beats for his MC who increasingly needed Tic-Tac, but as a solo act Giancanna is just awful at picking simple-minded mid-90 NY beats.

During that period he forgot the meaning of varied flow, but that ain't even the root of evil. It's the fact that he has a slick voice, but as a mafia Don he has to sound raspy. And you can fake your voice only in one way.

Big Punisher

Damn, guys, will you stop doing my job? Yes, I have a problem with that fat ass because his breath control makes me puke. I know that it's hard to breathe through half-a-tonne of grease (how can someone allow himself to become THAT fat?), but goddamn, that shit sounds like blowing a straw into a bowl of half-melted butter.

And that's the only interesting thing I can say about him. For real, I ain't now telling bullshit, I never got why is he so awesome. He was a typical product of Diddy-pop era, half time acting a murderin' thug, half time a flossin' overweight lover. I don't like repeating myself, but come on, how can anyone believe he had any kind of sex? I bet he had so much fat around his dick it wasn't even visible. When erected.

Big Daddy Kane

As most of late 80's battle rappers, terribly monotone. I mean, FUCKING terribly. So monotone I never managed to listen through any of his albums without making a fifteen-minute stop every ten tracks. (I ain't making this up.)

Besides that, he's also another one inhumane rapper limited in his subject matter, and a terribly unconvincing pimp. Nothing more to say about this pile of dull, case closed.

Common

Oh, Common Sense (thanks Ras he changed his name, that sounded just too disturbing). The concentrate of all reasons that give backpacker rap a bad name. He loved H.E.R. only while he wasn't fucking with her, that's only thing he actually said in that song. And now he spends all time yearning about stupid bitch and trying to make her slim, nubile-faced and naive again, but forgetting that every female gains weight and love experience with age, and that every good fucker knows to appreciate a MILF. But Common is hip-hop pedophile. OK.

What that means is that he makes either songs from the perspective of victim or from the perspective of pedo. Let's face it, his songs about beautiful black skin have something unsettling in 'em. And his "uplifting" songs ("U, Black Maybe" comes to mind) do remind of intelectualizing of a former molested child, don't they? A child who got so fucked up that he convinced himself that his metaphysical past put him in the world to make great things, good things.

Other interesting side is that he, again, like a pedo victim (or a pedo) has difficulties in socialization. I mean, look, he just moves from one clique to another - poor bastards always wanting to help a troubled old man - exploiting their good will before leeching on someone another. And, to top it all, he ain't just troubled, he's straight up crazy, making a summer album and dropping it during winter. And naming it Universal Mind Control, yeah, sounds so summer. Nah, on the real, sounds so Palehorse. See my point?

Andre 3000

And yet another rapper who doesn't like rap. No sir, he's such an artiste that he has to sing his smooth and beautiful songs ("Spreeeeeead..."), 'cause they're too lyrical for something so earthy as rap. He's such a dope lyricist that usual rap stuff isn't good enough for him, so he went on "poetry" spree. All beautiful and awesome, only that he has the usual illness of a Southern rapper trying to kick poetical shit, it's named "incurable corniness." Any stylistic figure, whose proper use is essential to make any poetry (Bob Dylan style), is an instant fail for Benjamin - and I'm talking about his rap phase, when he was still at least a decent rapper. A rapper who stood on verge on the cliff with his "poetical" stuff, and then made a huge leap froward and transformed from a decent rapper into a wack singer.

But that was before. Now he's taking a back-to-roots approach and kick those pimp'n'Caddy rhymes again, like back in 1994. Goddamn. I mean, it's really a catch 22 with Three Stacks: either utterly wack originality, or utterly played-out decency. Either way... yeah, sucks.

Masta Ace

Masta Ace woke up one morning, prepared himself to go to the Cold Chillin' School of Yawns, but as he was munching that toast he had a sudden moment of clarity: "But wait, everyone's doing the same shit, talking battle raps in fast, smooth and unremarkable flow. No future in that, I'm too skinny and there's too much bullies walking on the school corridors." That made him sit down and think, and then he realized: there was a school clown in parallel class! Not very original, but hey - there's only one of them in the school among few hundreds of bullies, nobody will notice if another one suddenly appears.

But - that was the problem, nobody noticed. So our little Ace sat down on the bench in front of the school and looked at all the bullies walking around and saw that they all look like gangstas and have their own groupies. So he collected few loser kids from his class and decided to try the opposite approach again, talking how he's gonna slaughter all those gangstas - forgetting that way he became just one in the crowd...

So, after few tries, nobody still paid any attention to Ace. What did I do wrong? Style! That's the problem! So he started clothing by the latest mode and making shit that school principals wouldn't have any problem putting out on the school radio. But, again, everybody put on their DiscMans when his rap came on loudspeakers.

And whatever Ace ever did, everybody put their their headphones when his song came on. When he tried to be satirical and make an album about his school, nobody was interested, "Shake Ya Ass" was better to shake ya ass. And after that, he just gave up, and started writing his own songs on the computer, knowing that he'll be the only one who'll hear it.

Did you recognize the story? It's a typical story of a white rapper.

Guru

See under: Rakim.

Notes: Only differences is that he actually had a nice producer to leech on, and that he likes to go off-beat. Oh yeah, and that he's too thick-tongued to rap any other way than slow.

Cormega

What to say about this guy other than he lost? He's just one among the faceless QB rappers swarming around with same flow and same lyrics. (What in the world makes QB so great? They all act very mafioso and mention New York when it has nothing to do with the song, they all act like thugs and they all have that sleepy Prodigy flow. I tell you, they're all like carbon-copies of each another.) Even Nas thought he was too meh to have him in a supergroup.

Reks

Dude is like deep funk revival of the rap: unoriginal, played-out and generally lame on purpose. Trying to live in an era that passed away. Understandible, he's from Boston, seems that all Boston rappers have this same problem.

Black Milk

Are you dudes running out of names? Only reason why people know him is because he was J Dilla-affiliated. I ain't gonna even go into his production, but lyrically he's just an average MC with average flow and average tired grandiloquent trash-talk lyrics.

U-God

The deep-throated and thick-tongued master of big words. I don't know for y'all, but I think it's quite interesting to listen to him saying shit like "Skull tactic, sporatic, Asiatic, long awaited" when it's plain as a window that he doesn't have any clue what does that shit mean. And he's dead serious talking about all that. So serious that you actually start asking yourself: "Is that guy an idiot?"

And then you hear "Bump" and every shadow of doubt vanishes.

Q-Tip

What can you say more about a dude who named himself after a cotton swab (what did he want to say, that he's covered with earwax?)

I've been thinking a long time which A&R smoked too much bad weed that morning when he decided to sign the Tribe in. Who in the world thought that beatless rapping of even then irrelevant old-school clichés could be marketable? In all honesty, how the fuck can people even bear listening to a wimp desperately trying to sound teenage in late 20's? Trying to be all jazzy and shit, so he sleepwalked through his whole career. With effect of Captain Zed.

I mean, what he's doing is rap, streets. So why acting all hippie and shit? Talking about beautiful girls, naivety, lost wallets and everything. I mean, really sweet they don't promote violence, but frankly FUCK THAT SHIT. Where's the fucking edge? He could as easily go making some indie rock or something.

Joell Ortiz

You know how much rap game sucks when such a guy gets promoted as the savior. What the fuck did he do to distinct himself from an army of bodega rappers talking street shit and occasionally paying tribute to hip-hop? (Songs about songs, yeah, that's that shit!) Plus, he sucks because he's a Hispano and tries to be black, woooord.

Not to forget, he's another smart ass who screwed up education to take up on an already dead art form. And he's fat.

Redman

Okay, okay, Reggie, we got it, you get high. A lot of us do too. It's fun and all that, so we feel you on this one, but - come on, it's been fourteen years. FOURTEEN YEARS! And seven albums. And a film. Maybe you don't see... OK, sure you don't see, too high to look, okay, but there's been a legion of high rappers walking around with blunts and talking 'bout them. Alright? So no need to follow suite. Come on, you ride bad ass cars, you can surely kick one 'bout them, don't you?

That, and, please, don't try to make that college-boy self-deprecating humor. I'm way too familiar with such dudes, I see one in the mirror every morning.

Snoop Dogg

You mean, apart from that he never gave a fuck about emceeing? I've never been to his concert, but how the fuck can he rock the party while whispering into the mic? He takes all that pimp shit way too seriously, you can see it in his ears. Well, okay, Snoop, you're supposed to be a rapper, so stop caring so much about looking suave and pay more attention to saying something new in a new way. And no, I don't mean half-assed autobiographical tracks, everyone can do that. Supposed to be a great MC, but I've never heard him move past weed, Tanqueray and hoes.

To further illustrate his despise towards the art form that made him rich, just look at him trying to be Prince ever since he left No Limit. He's just craving to be the Artist, to the point where he does whole albums of 80's pulp and covers of his songs you literally can't separate from the original.

Prodigy

Pha. An internet textcee is better than him.

(And he is right, no matter how many people got mad because of that statement. Prodigy's career is comparable to bungee jumping without a bungee. Started with that grimy, ignorant, violent, ugly NY thug shit, became one of the most nimble MC's of his time [let's put away his complete lack of imagination for now], then he suddenly decided he must cease having a flow, having a charisma and rhyming. He's simply a failure at life, and a locked-up depressed abandoned by everyone at that. Hell, even 50 doesn't want to make tracks with him anymore - now when his whole empire is crumbling.)

Non Phixion

A bunch of wiggerish, pointless, empty and dumb crackers who try to look hard (Enimen style) and can't keep a point throughout a 16-line verse.

(** in slow disgusted voice **) Produced by Necro.

Beastie Boys

They're white. They're middle-class. They sound middle-class. They have middle-class brat kid jokes (Licensed to Ill album cover, for starters). They make rock-rap. They still rhyme like it's '84. Pardon me, they don't rhyme at all anymore. They hate their own biggest hit. They are trying to look all urban (trying, trying).

They're Jews. Jews! In a genre where Judaism is more or less prohibited ever since Chuck D first time mentioned Louis Farrakhan.

Eminem

So what in the world is so special about this cracker? (Yeah cracker, a white trailerpark ass from KC is a cracker.) We have already too much shock rappers walking around talking shit, thank you very much.

He made a celebrity out of his wack self bysaying "controversial" shit about doing shrooms and asking kids if they like violence. A real menace, worrd. Then he went out on dissing every single teeny-pop star like himself, that knew they wouldn't respond. Yeah, that's real motherfucking shit, battle rapper, controversy, excellent stuff, I'd sign him on Aftermath too. 70% of time he comes out as a just substance-less, soul-less cursing machine with bleached hair (Nazi, anyone?).

What about other 30%? Then you have his other side of hisself, the soft and tender father of a baby, loving, thoughtful and politically engaged. Don't you have the feeling like you just squeezed a huge chunk of horse shit? Yeah, that's Eminem. Either that stinkin' you wanna vomit or that schmaltzy that you wanna... yeah, vomit again.

PLUS! He swapped "The Way I Am" lyricism for "Fack".

Above the Law

Oh, finally you found someone worth talking about.

Or wait a minute.

Pardon me, someone who's trying to be that generic, uninspired, boring, repetitive and derivative West Coast gangsta (genre they pioneered and ended up being copycats - that's what I call career, G!) ain't worth spending much words on.

Company Flow

Just a bunch of bored white boys without girlfriends, friends and life who cure their frustration speaking nonsense words that are supposed to flow aggressively and straight jacking Public Enemy for beats. (Plus, now they don't even exist.)

Wu-Tang Clan

I already did a few MC's from that dead group, so I'ma rather keep that individual way. Even better, that way they won't get offended by mentioning them in same sentence as others.

The D.O.C.

Now, here we have a touchy subject. I mean, it ain't his fault and all of that, we should feel sorry, but... Dude just sounds like a hand-file, and is completely unable to flow, objectively he sucks as a rapper.

OGC

Just another boring, conventional bunch of NY straight ass thugs. See one of them and you seen them all.
"The Devil is not the Prince of Matter; the Devil is the arrogance of the spirit, faith without smile, truth that is never seized by doubt. The Devil is grim because he knows where he is going, and, in moving, he always returns whence he came."

Last edited by Edgar Erebus; 01-07-2009 at 02:19 PM.
Edgar Erebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 01:48 PM   #2
Crack Killz
ADEPT

Crack Killz drunken mastaCrack Killz drunken mastaCrack Killz drunken masta
Send a message via AIM to Crack Killz Send a message via MSN to Crack Killz

Ghostface Killah

Crack Killz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 01:49 PM   #3
ALCATRAZ
sleepless in basedworld

ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

C-Bo
ALCATRAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 01:59 PM   #4
Ritter
'Section 9'

Ritter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venoms

Rakim
Ritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 02:06 PM   #5
Rame
Wu Vatican

Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Jay-Z

+

T.I.

Rame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 02:23 PM   #6
Edgar Erebus
Munching eyes since 1989

Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Ghostface Killah

Ah. Mr. Starks came first, excellent, I was thinking of him while creating the thread. Ghost sucks because he's an act. And an extremely ill-defined act at that. Who is Ghostface Killah? Is he that misogynist asshole who fucked your friend, yeah you stank hoe? Is he that soft and tender wimp who was slobbering at sight of her putting her cigarette in her mouth - and is unable to even get her number? Is he that maniacal killer who makes you rock those false joints for fucking with his man? Is he that sobbing prayer who wants to be sacrificed so that his kids can be in paradise? Or is he just that dude that's always telling something very jovially, but nobody ever understands him?

Wait, the best part comes straight up. He's inclined to talk tough 'bout meeting this OG's and making coke deals and whatever - yet he raps all that in a voice of a 12-year old girl drowning in her own tears. I mean, how can you take seriously a man who apparently walks around breaking jaws and still sounds like he grew up without testicles? And if that wasn't enough, he concluded that he must talk slang-heavily to be a mafioso, but po' boy doesn't know any slang words, so he must INVENT THEM. He gots to make up what he thinks streets sound like. Yeah. A male girl who raps his tough street fantasies. He should be white.

Oh yeah, and he's the man of the 70's, I shouldn't forget that. He just loves Temptations and Marvin Gaye and Aretha Franklin (sounding like earless version of the latter) so much that he just has to make a R&B album. Talking about hardcore hip-hop and loyalty to the game. He doesn't even like rap - how can he not suck?

C-Bo

Oh yeah, the hardcore ass gangsta from Bay Area (that hyphy Bay Area, you immediately know what time it is) who always spits that thug motherfuckin shit because he's too stupid to do anything else. What, he's real, isn't he, he was doing bids and everything? Well I could respect his gangster if I gave a flying fuck, but how can I respect his rap game if he sounds like a thick-tongued version of Big L without technique? Over BAY AREA beats? C'mon.
"The Devil is not the Prince of Matter; the Devil is the arrogance of the spirit, faith without smile, truth that is never seized by doubt. The Devil is grim because he knows where he is going, and, in moving, he always returns whence he came."
Old 12-09-2008, 02:25 PM   #7
Edgar Erebus
Munching eyes since 1989

Sorry, that's it for today, the library closes soon. Gonna do all others when I come by tomorrow. Peace and chicken grease.
Old 12-09-2008, 02:36 PM   #8
DR. NICK RIVIERA
Hello, everybody!

DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I don't like what u wrote for GFK.

I would say Sage Francis, but you prolly don't listen to him. Ok then - why should u say that Killah Priest sux?
Old 12-09-2008, 02:52 PM   #9
Crack Killz
ADEPT

Crack Killz drunken mastaCrack Killz drunken mastaCrack Killz drunken masta
Send a message via AIM to Crack Killz Send a message via MSN to Crack Killz

update them all in your first post.

Crack Killz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 03:07 PM   #10
ALCATRAZ
sleepless in basedworld

ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

one star thread
ALCATRAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 03:21 PM   #11
GhettoGnom
Veteran Member

GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Deacon the Villain from CunninLynguists

Please tell me how he can possibly suck.

Wdit- rated thread 5 to even it out. This thread wasn't that bad. I had to stop and think about whom I should post, 'cus I found negative things about my fav. rappers
-Archetype

Last edited by GhettoGnom; 12-09-2008 at 03:23 PM.
GhettoGnom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 03:29 PM   #12
Shogah
HONOLULU STATUS

Shogah prodigal sonShogah prodigal sonShogah prodigal sonShogah prodigal sonShogah prodigal sonShogah prodigal sonShogah prodigal son

ok, this thread has much potential, and i think you should concetrate more on pointing out the flaws of the rappers, and back it up with some reasonable statements.
Not just bashing them and saying that they are mad gay and a gimmick.

But also its ok to have fun with our favourite rappers and exploit their flaws to the maximum so we could see them in other spotlight then ours...
This is the point of this thread i guess....

Last edited by Shogah; 12-09-2008 at 03:37 PM.
Shogah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 04:12 PM   #13
SL33
Hungry Hyena From Medina

SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

nas...................he's not my favourite, but i'd like 2 hear some bashing

SL33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 04:18 PM   #14
DR. NICK RIVIERA
Hello, everybody!

DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SL33 View Post
nas...................he's not my favourite, but i'd like 2 hear some bashing
*awaits TGambino to copy/paste something again haha*
Old 12-09-2008, 04:49 PM   #15
SL33
Hungry Hyena From Medina

SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

^^^ lol

SL33 is offline   Reply With Quote