news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 12-09-2008, 05:01 PM   #16
GhettoGnom
Veteran Member

GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogah View Post
ok, this thread has much potential, and i think you should concetrate more on pointing out the flaws of the rappers, and back it up with some reasonable statements.
Not just bashing them and saying that they are mad gay and a gimmick.

But also its ok to have fun with our favourite rappers and exploit their flaws to the maximum so we could see them in other spotlight then ours...
This is the point of this thread i guess....
My thoughts exactly, and the reason why I rated this 5 to even it out.
-Archetype

GhettoGnom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 06:28 AM   #17
Edgar Erebus
Munching eyes since 1989

Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Nice, nice, nice, I see I already got some hate. I like that, hope Toastfaced and TGambino will come in too to tell me what a Kazakhstani loser am I. Actually I'm surprised that there's such a small number of haters of mine circulating out here.

OK, Lessgo.

Rakim

What makes Rakim such a great MC? Does he leave you wordless with his vividly told and intense stories? Not quite. Is he capable to make your jaw drop with displays of honesty and soul? Even less, bruh. Does he create muy controversia with smart and on point political statements that make you think whether you like it or not? Uh...

So what's left? Bragging about the mic? Oh well... I could even stomach it, if he could at least prevent you from falling asleep with that. He physically can't put any stress on words, his throat is made in such way that's impossible for him to ever raise his voice. He's actually unable to switch his flow up. He just goes on 'n' on for days and days with that limp delivery. I mean, his whole career sounds like smoothened-out "A Milli".

You want further proof? He OWES his career to Eric B. The point is, Rakim never fell off. But while Eric B. was able to find dope ghostproducers in an era when you could actually make original compositions from loads of samples, propelling Rakim to stardom, just look what happened when laws forced production to be dumbed-down. I repeat, Rakim didn't change a bit during that period.

Oh yeah, also a problem - he didn't change a bit. Trying to sell same shit that was in twenty years ago.

Jay-Z

Ooh, S. Carter, the swaggering ultra-rich cocky motherfucker everyone's jockin'. Well, let's scrape under that surface and what do we find? A po' thick-lipped small black dude with inferiority complex so huge it can't even be cured.

He's so insecure about his lyrics that he constantly has to bite other rappers lyrics to be sure he has at least one line worth the listener's while. He's so insecure about his albums that he must put out one every year - 'cause he's eaten inside by the doubt that if he waited more than 12 months, listeners could as well as forget he exists. He's so insecure about his appearance that he constanly needs to repeat how cocky he is just to convince himself that he isn't a total weenie. He's so insecure about his sound that he always has to run with whichever rapper or producer is hot at the moment. He's so insecure about his clique that he's lately actually avoiding to be seen with them, 'cause he can't sleep thinking if they suit him or not.

And he got only in one real beef during his whole career, where this inferiority complex made him flail. Sorry, in all of his disses he came more like Nas fanboy than a person who wants to get at him. All of his disses came in a matter of weeks after Nas shots came, while Nas even let it all bubble for months before coming out. And he was literally left WORDLESS with Ether, he broke down on radio when asked about it. And he failed even at fucking Nas baby mama.

T.I.

T.I. is the king of South.

That's it. What more can you say about this dude? Did he ever reveal anything else in his raps other than that he's big swaggerin' king with his street side? His whole career could as well be called "How to say you're the king of South in 103 ways." The number is prolly smaller, 'cause he sometimes repeats himself - but, man, you simply can't avoid it when you ran out of things to say with your first song.

Oh yeah. You can say one more thing about him. He's sure to jump on whatever bandwagon rolls by at the moment to increase his sales, including auto-tune singing, that greasy sell-out. And is he biting Jay-Z for appearance?

(Surprise, Wera!)

Sage Francis

He sucks because he's too white. He sucks because he has some weird beard. He sucks because he raps by-the-books. He sucks because he's a fan of Winona Ryder. He sucks because he's a care bear. Need more?

Killah Priest

First of all, he's a Wu affiliate, that already tells you almost all you need to know about him. Second, he's too much priest and not enough killah. Okay, dude has his religious views and everything, anyone who uses his brain for more than eating and shitting has them, but - c'mon, you can't make a whole fucking career based on that. Who is he making all that theologizing and historizing for anyway? For the people? Folks either don't understand or can't stomach what he's saying all the time.

And he has a monotone (boring) flow. And he rolls with same obscure losers as himself. And he can't even get RZA to produce for him as a Wu affiliate.

Deacon the Villain

Breaks the rule #2.

Nas

There's been so much said about Nas these days on this forum that I don't know what can I say about him anyway. Well, let's switch the script a bit and talk about his flaws, not his sins.

For starters, he completely deserves comparison with Rakim, as he always raps with the same flow - no matter what beat he's on. But he's even worse, Rakim can't switch it up; Nas can, he proved it already on "One Mic." But he sticks with that played-out declamatory spitting because it's easy, and he's such a great man and lyricist he doesn't need to care how to present himself, lazy motherfucker.

Then, he absolutely loves the smell of his own dick. Nas is actually Peter Sellers, didn't you know that? He can be whatever you want, he can be a Colombian mafioso, or street prophet, or mainstreamish version of Killah Priest, or a revolutionary who gets old, all while keeping his swaggerin' and flossin'. And what's even worse, he's lame and unconvincing in most of these attempts, because you FEEL he's trying so hard not to be him. And I simply don't understand why, if he kept his career in Illmatic vibe he'd be at least equally successful, if not more, and everyone would love him.

I can't escape this feeling that Nas is actually a chickenshit, a scared-of-life yes-man, who avoids standing for himself and rather listens to whatever whoever says to him, MC Serch, Steve the Commissioner, Destiny, Jigger, whoever. He's just a chicken who tries to squash all beef and even kept his mouth shut when Pete Rock fucked his girlfriend, or Pac checked him in the park back in '96. "I'ma put out a diss track, now if you don't wanna problems just keep your mouf shut then and then maybe we chill." Do you say something like that to someone you actually consider a man?

AND, he's bad at sex. Did you notice that every girlfriend cheats on him?
"The Devil is not the Prince of Matter; the Devil is the arrogance of the spirit, faith without smile, truth that is never seized by doubt. The Devil is grim because he knows where he is going, and, in moving, he always returns whence he came."
Edgar Erebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 07:33 AM   #18
GhettoGnom
Veteran Member

GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim T View Post

Deacon the Villain

Breaks the rule #2.
Not really.
If we do a little last.fm comparing, CunninLynguists got
3,474,253 plays
103,331 listeners

In comparison Rakim got
585,387 plays
68,710 listeners
and Killah Priest only got
339,969 plays
22,285 listeners
and C-Bo got about half the PLAYS that CunninLynguists got LISTENERS
56,316 plays
5,365 listeners
But I know your checking them out, so I'll give you time to get back to this =)
-Archetype

Old 12-10-2008, 07:36 AM   #19
Edgar Erebus
Munching eyes since 1989

Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Hey. This is my thread. I decide who's relevant and who not here. OK?
"The Devil is not the Prince of Matter; the Devil is the arrogance of the spirit, faith without smile, truth that is never seized by doubt. The Devil is grim because he knows where he is going, and, in moving, he always returns whence he came."
Old 12-10-2008, 08:38 AM   #20
stashlova

stashlova crouching tigerstashlova crouching tiger

Black Thought

"Cause she's my bitch - the only cat that i lick
Throwin that ass like Ciara on the top of that whip...""
stashlova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 09:43 AM   #21
Ritter
'Section 9'

Ritter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venoms

Interesting view on Rakim, props.
Ritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 10:04 AM   #22
GhettoGnom
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim T View Post
Hey. This is my thread. I decide who's relevant and who not here. OK?
Haha, ok. You should get an admin to change a bit on #2 though, since CL ain't really obscure at all.

And I expect you to get back to him later. =)
-Archetype

Old 12-10-2008, 11:23 AM   #23
Edgar Erebus
Munching eyes since 1989

Black Thought

If we put aside that he's charisma-free and is one of the rappers unable to switch up flow if his life depended on it, which already makes him a basket case, we can still pick on him because he's obviously dying to be accepted as an embodiement of black thought (which already makes him white, no matter what rainbow color he appears to be).

He was too thoughtful to be a decent battle rapper through most of his career, filled with limp brag-about-the-mic raps that got Roots a bad name along with ?uestlove losing his mind.

Now, for his two last albums, he employed his royal thoughtfulness in more political ways, and, like most amateur politicians, he failed badly at that. Yeah, bravo, the solution to all word problems is in that you gotta get money so it won't get at you, well that's surely something no one thought about. It'd surely help all other brothers in the 'hood, won't it? Oh yeah, I forgot, he ain't a ghetto child, he's an university jock. So now we have an educated selfish motherfucker on a mission to save dah black nation by means of self-enriching. That's why he sucks like a vacuum cleaner.
Old 12-10-2008, 11:25 AM   #24
The Hound
Fuck the King

The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

wera is my favourite rapper

thread fails because he doesn't suck ... he blows
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTLACED View Post
I say nigga and i'm white
The Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 12:45 PM   #25
SL33
Hungry Hyena From Medina

SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

method man

SL33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 01:58 PM   #26
DR. NICK RIVIERA
Hello, everybody!

DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I'm ill with flu...so naturally I blow

and Sage is a fan of Natalie Portman <3, that Winona Ryder shit is just for jokes. But, ok, u got it.
Old 12-10-2008, 05:16 PM   #27
Shogah
HONOLULU STATUS

Shogah prodigal sonShogah prodigal sonShogah prodigal sonShogah prodigal sonShogah prodigal sonShogah prodigal sonShogah prodigal son

i like how you did jay z and nas.
Shogah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 05:17 PM   #28
Shogah
HONOLULU STATUS

Shogah prodigal sonShogah prodigal sonShogah prodigal sonShogah prodigal sonShogah prodigal sonShogah prodigal sonShogah prodigal son

i want you to do gza.
I think that would be funny.
Shogah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 09:29 PM   #29
Heavy Ammunition
CHICKEN HEAD

Heavy Ammunition iron monkeyHeavy Ammunition iron monkeyHeavy Ammunition iron monkeyHeavy Ammunition iron monkey

Big L
Heavy Ammunition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 09:56 PM   #30
THE MASON
Winter is Coming

THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Del the Funky Homosapien

ELITE STATUS
THE MASON is offline   Reply With Quote