news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 04-18-2009, 11:10 AM   #1
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

CharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venoms
Default I'm Tired Of People Dissing Guru

People on here be hating on him talking about they don't like his voice and he's a average mc. Ya'll bugging. Guru has always been a tight mc and there's nothing wrong with his voice. I wish he would come to his senses and make peace with Premier so they can do a few more Gang Starr albums because i don't think people are checking for his solo albums. Only album of his i've heard is Baldhead Slick And Da Click and that album wasn't that bad. I'm gonna check out his Street Scriptures album eventually. I never did wanna hear his Jazzmatazz albums because i'm not a fan of jazz. I agree with his opinion about wack rappers when he said on You Know My Steez song that the wackness is spreading like the plague. MC's lucked up and got paid but still can't make the fucking grade.
CharlesJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 11:44 AM   #2
main_man
BANNED FOR LIFE!

main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

yeah, gurus a legend. just flat out dope.

fuck the bitches who say otherwise. FUCK 'EM!!!
main_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 11:44 AM   #3
DEVAMPS
Veteran Member

DEVAMPS shaolin masta killaDEVAMPS shaolin masta killaDEVAMPS shaolin masta killaDEVAMPS shaolin masta killaDEVAMPS shaolin masta killaDEVAMPS shaolin masta killaDEVAMPS shaolin masta killa

guru one of the illest in my book-- moment of truth cant be fucked wit
DEVAMPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 11:53 AM   #4
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

CharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venoms

LOL@Main Man hahahahahahahahahaha. Yeah man fuck the Guru haters. Dude has always been a good rapper and he always speaks knowledge in his songs. Gang Starr's Conspiracy song on Daily Operation album is really good because he speaks about racism and he speaks the truth. I did disagree with what he said on Conspiracy about the SAT test isn't geared for the lower class so why even waste time trying to pass it.
CharlesJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 12:01 PM   #5
Tecknowledgist
PUTYOMONEYWHEREYOMOUTHIZ

Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

people say he's monotone and overrated acting like they dont know every single word to all the classics

plus he's the second most sampled MC ever (next to prodigy. yeah i did a study, fuck yall)
Tecknowledgist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 02:15 PM   #6
The Hound
Fuck the King

The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I don't understand the Guru hate when they say he is monotonous and boring, then the same people refer to GZA as top 10. WTF?

Guru is dope. Lyrically, dude is better than the majority of hip hop artists that ever did it, and I have honestly never found Guru to be boring.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTLACED View Post
I say nigga and i'm white
The Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 02:17 PM   #7
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

DJ Premier beats>>Guru's rapping.
Old 04-18-2009, 03:05 PM   #8
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

Location: my own private domicile, and I will not be harassed...bitch!
Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
People on here be hating on him talking about they don't like his voice and he's a average mc. Ya'll bugging. Guru has always been a tight mc and there's nothing wrong with his voice. I wish he would come to his senses and make peace with Premier so they can do a few more Gang Starr albums because i don't think people are checking for his solo albums. Only album of his i've heard is Baldhead Slick And Da Click and that album wasn't that bad. I'm gonna check out his Street Scriptures album eventually. I never did wanna hear his Jazzmatazz albums because i'm not a fan of jazz. I agree with his opinion about wack rappers when he said on You Know My Steez song that the wackness is spreading like the plague. MC's lucked up and got paid but still can't make the fucking grade.
agreed but you should check out the jazzmatazz albums; the first two are just as good as the gangstarr stuff imo
Dr. Simon Hurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 03:08 PM   #9
Tage
John W. Henry

Tage Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tage Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tage Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tage Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tage Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tage Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tage Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tage Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tage Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tage Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tage Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:

^yeah... but that's true in a lot of places... Stoupe > JMT & AOTP put together.

who hates Guru?... most of GangStarr's shit is classic.
Old 04-18-2009, 03:26 PM   #10
Afficial_Nastee
Non Ignorants

Afficial_Nastee prodigal sonAfficial_Nastee prodigal sonAfficial_Nastee prodigal sonAfficial_Nastee prodigal sonAfficial_Nastee prodigal sonAfficial_Nastee prodigal son

Quote:
I agree , the reason why I listen to Gangstarr is cuz of the beats. Or the guest appearances.
Afficial_Nastee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 03:32 PM   #11
Prolifical ENG
Semi Retired

Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I like the Jazzmatazz series, but Charles, you're right that you won't like Jazzmatazz. The Street Scriptures you might like the beats. Just keep in mind its DJ Solaar and not Premier but overall its not too bad if you like Bald Head Slick.

Prolifical ENG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 04:28 PM   #12
Chungsanity
SHAOLIN STUDENT

Chungsanity sitting duck

Quote:
co muthafuckin sign. if I could rep, I wouldve gave you a +

premo's beats carried guru's career and guru's undisputedly the most overrated rapper of all-time. Im not gonna fabricate and say fiddy or weezy cause it's guru.

1. guru and method man is not too far behind

I respect the threadstarter though cause he says whatever the fuck comes on his mind like myself.
Chungsanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 05:50 PM   #13
sdeblasi
The Special Technique

sdeblasi prodigal sonsdeblasi prodigal sonsdeblasi prodigal sonsdeblasi prodigal sonsdeblasi prodigal sonsdeblasi prodigal sonsdeblasi prodigal son

Quote:
Agree but Guru complements them nice

like Pete Rock's beats > CL Smooth's rapping but still complements good
Old 04-18-2009, 05:57 PM   #14
claaa7
Killer Bob

claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

^^ co-sign, DJ Premier is one of the 5 illest and most consistant producers in the world but Guru rocked his beats well for years.. they complimented eachother well, and personally I would say Guru >>> CL Smooth..

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!
claaa7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 06:32 PM   #15
Tecknowledgist
PUTYOMONEYWHEREYOMOUTHIZ

Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post
^^ co-sign, DJ Premier is one of the 5 illest and most consistant producers in the world but Guru rocked his beats well for years.. they complimented eachother well, and personally I would say Guru >>> CL Smooth..
exactly

DJ Premier is arguably the illest producer to ever do it. It's ridiculous to expect ANY emcee to live up to that.

Guru and DJ Premier have made amazing music. That's really what it comes down to. There could have been an iller MC, but there could have been a much worse one as well.

All this long-winded nitpicking is pointless if you just consider the fact that they've made some of the best Hip-Hop out there. Both of them.
Tecknowledgist is offline   Reply With Quote