news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 09-05-2005, 11:05 AM   #1
Robert
1%

Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default Australian Hip Hop

Last edited by Robert; 04-30-2012 at 08:27 PM.
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 12:20 PM   #2
Robert
1%

Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default Re: Australian Hip Hop

Last edited by Robert; 04-30-2012 at 08:27 PM.
Old 09-05-2005, 12:29 PM   #3
Butter
Hunger Pains..

Butter grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to Butter Send a message via MSN to Butter

hilltop hoods, capricorn cat, lyrical commission.

If I Offend You .. Fuck You I Intend To ..
Butter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 12:37 PM   #4
Robert
1%

Last edited by Robert; 04-30-2012 at 08:28 PM.
Old 09-05-2005, 02:27 PM   #5
jofR

jofR Village Idiot

i dont know anything about australian hiphop, but can you hook me up with some mp3s or something?
jofR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 02:28 PM   #6
Butter
Hunger Pains..

Butter grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to Butter Send a message via MSN to Butter

capricorn cat brought a sick album out called 'pegz' its a pretty good listen.

If I Offend You .. Fuck You I Intend To ..
Butter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 11:11 PM   #7
Robert
1%

Last edited by Robert; 04-30-2012 at 08:29 PM.
Old 09-06-2005, 08:10 AM   #8
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

seriously man, aussie hip hop right now aint great. the beats are iin general poor and when an MC over does the accent it sounds really shit, i mean i am an aussie but it sounds as though they are just doing to say "im not trying to be american". anyway there is some alright stuff, the Herd aint bad and hilltop hoods are ok i geuss. but the standard definitely aint real high for sure.

Longbongcilvaringz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 09:25 AM   #9
7ess
BrOoKlYn'S FiNeSt

7ess grasshopper

Are they all white artists because from the lil I've studied I know the native culture of aus is mad supressed, I'd be interested in hearing some political type shit but I'm not ready for the the nicole kidman of rap. Remember too the whites down there were English rejects, criminally insane & retarded, I'm sorry but it shows, look at the fucking croc hunter.

Anybody see Rabbit proof fence?
7ess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 10:53 AM   #10
Robert
1%

Last edited by Robert; 04-30-2012 at 08:30 PM.
Old 09-06-2005, 10:55 AM   #11
G.O.D.PT3
Veteran Member

Location: Back n Forth Queens and Brooklyn (Brownsville), New York
G.O.D.PT3 sitting duck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamel The Prophet
Has anyone on this site heard any Aussie hip hop or listens to it regularly? For those that dont know Australia has a considerable amount of hip hop music. Groups include Hilltop Hoods, Downsyde, Koolism, 1200 Techniques and a shitload more. Aussie rap is unique, couldnt be compared to any other rap dropped in English due to the obvious aus accent, the content and the deliverance.

Basically, drop your opinions on Australian hip hop in this thread (groups you like, dont like etc), put in mp3's of aus rap. For those that haven't heard aus hip hop i'd recommend a listen. Its prolly an acquired taste but check it out anyway
peace
AITE BET IMA CHECK FOR THESE CATS.

So what's the black man's true religion, who should we follow?
Use your own intuition, you are tommorrow - Nasir bin Olu Dara
G.O.D.PT3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 11:06 AM   #12
Robert
1%

Last edited by Robert; 04-30-2012 at 08:30 PM.
Old 09-07-2005, 08:09 AM   #13
Robert
1%

Last edited by Robert; 04-30-2012 at 08:31 PM.
Old 09-07-2005, 09:11 AM   #14
GhostfaceKillah199
Sun God

GhostfaceKillah199 grasshopper

what's up with that dude figg kid? he did a song with tech n9ne and I saw the video for it(which was pretty funny), but he was pretty good. oh yeah, for the record, I do like tech n9ne but I am in no way a goth. peace

"Even if I bleed to death I can't die
Not even if I fell from ten stories high
Yo, I'ma rule the underground or get shot trying
No matter how many times I get hit with the hot iron
I'm not dyin'!" - Sticky Fingaz
GhostfaceKillah199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 09:54 AM   #15
7ess
BrOoKlYn'S FiNeSt

7ess grasshopper

[QUOTE=Jamel The Prophet]Not all the artists are white, some aborigines and other cultures but they are predominately white. Croc hunter, crocodile dundee, riding kangaroos and all that other shit is rubbish and Aus rap certainly doesnt reflect it. It mostly reflects the undrground hip hop/youth scene in Australia. Some of it is political as our government are George Bush dickriders.

The Nicole Kidman of rap? You ignorant mothafucka, you judge without hearing. I challenge you to actually listen to some aussie hip hop and tell me what you think. As for all the rascist bullshit about convicts (which doesnt apply to me as half bloodline came during WWII from italy) you should cut that out. If you a seppo (American) didnt you also originate from religious rejects from england? Anyway, check some Aus hip hop out, you might actually like it
peace[/QUOTE

You can take a dick but you can't take a joke?
Besides you answered my question and for someone who has never been or has any intention of going to aus, it was legitimate to ask if its white rap, which it obviously was. And no body in my family originated from england, shit I don't think I know anybody with english blood. You can't deny the history of the whites in your country and a lot of them look mad fucking retarded. Hey but don't worry we got a lot of those motherfuckers in the south, we call em rednecks! Ha Ha Ha
7ess is offline   Reply With Quote