news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Know The Ledge

Old 01-06-2009, 01:29 PM   #16
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

http://www.maps.org/news-letters/v07n1/07112bea.html

^the link if people want to read the full article
Old 01-06-2009, 03:02 PM   #17
food for thought
Black Star Line'r

food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

^ no doudt

i didnt think nobody would be trying to read the whole thing

food for thought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 03:12 PM   #18
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Nah man shits mad interesting to me, im actually gonna rep you for posting this shit.

Later on im gonna roll one up and read thru all of this
Old 01-06-2009, 03:25 PM   #19
food for thought
Black Star Line'r

food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by speakonitgod View Post
when u say people survived for centuries using this u mean they literally got high and was like "iight nigga im back and i got secrets" and that was it?
yea, thats what im saying.

alot of indigineous tribes even today have these Shamans aka Medicine Men

but they come back with informaiton on what to do to heal an persons illness for example. they might have to make a specific brew they get information on how to make what they need to make and what process or what not to carry on

Last edited by food for thought; 01-06-2009 at 03:32 PM.
Old 01-06-2009, 03:31 PM   #20
food for thought
Black Star Line'r

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTLACED View Post
Nah man shits mad interesting to me, im actually gonna rep you for posting this shit.

Later on im gonna roll one up and read thru all of this
fa sho

this shit always interested me too man, that cat Terrence Mckenna they keep referring to, he always talks about shit like this with Hallucinogens. my brother put me on this fool and i been interested in that shit ever since

Old 01-06-2009, 04:37 PM   #21
V4D3R
Singularity Instigator

V4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venoms

The mush you want is the red caps white stems brown feet.

Covered here
http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/sho...277#post780277

V4D3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 04:43 PM   #22
food for thought
Black Star Line'r

that sounds liek Fly Argaric aka Amanita Muscalina or some shit

the mario bro's mushrooms.

the red caps with white dots?

they dont have pslicoybin and are a different effect then regular shroom

i hear their no good too

Last edited by food for thought; 01-06-2009 at 04:49 PM.
Old 01-06-2009, 04:48 PM   #23
food for thought
Black Star Line'r

V4DR,

Old 07-02-2008, 07:31 AM
#29 Report Post
KANIEN:KEHA'KA MAROON

V4D3R iron monkeyV4D3R iron monkeyV4D3R iron monkeyV4D3R iron monkey

Long Trip: Magic Mushrooms' Transcendent Effect Lingers

Survey shows that profound mental changes induced by psilocybin have lasted for more than a year

By David Biello

People who took magic mushrooms were still feeling the love more than a year later, and one might say they were on cloud nine about it, scientists report in the Journal of Psychopharmacology.
"Most of the volunteers looked back on their experience up to 14 months later and rated it as the most, or one of the five most, personally meaningful and spiritually significant of their lives," comparing it with the birth of a child or the death of a parent, says neuroscientist Roland Griffiths of Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, who lead the research. "It's one thing to have a dramatic experience you say is impressive. It's another thing to say you consider it as meaningful 14 months later. There's something about the saliency of these experiences that's stunning."
Griffiths gave 36 specially screened volunteers psilocybin, the active ingredient in so-called magic mushrooms. The compound is believed to affect perception and cognition by acting on the same receptors in the brain that respond to serotonin, a neurotransmitting chemical tied to mood.
Afterward, about two thirds of the group reported having a "full mystical experience," characterized by a feeling of "oneness" with the universe. When Griffiths asked them how they were doing 14 months later, the same proportion gave the experience high marks for transcendental satisfaction, and credited it with increasing their well-being since then.
But some scientists noted that this psilocybin study was just the first trip on a long journey of understanding. "We don't know how far we can generalize these results," cautions neuroscientist Charles Schuster of Loyola University Chicago and a former director of the National Institute on Drug Abuse. "To attribute all of this to the drug, I think, is a mistake and to expect the same effects from simply taking the drug without this careful preparation in these kinds of people would be a mistake."
Herbert Kleber, who directs the division of substance abuse at Columbia University also notes that it is difficult to assess the mushroom's impact without detailed information on how individual lives were changed. For example, it remains unclear from the study whether volunteers really were more altruistic or simply claimed to be.
But the findings do seem to support reports of recreational users and what LSD guru and 1960s counterculture icon Timothy Leary made famous in his psychedelic lab at Harvard University.
Griffiths and Schuster are proponents of future research on psilocybin to determine whether it has long-term influence on the brain—and whether the reported mystical effects affect memory alone or stem from other physiological changes. This study is among the first of so-called "shrooms" in four decades, coming after the widespread, illegal use of hallucinogens as recreational drugs in the 1960s, which turned off corporate and academic researchers.
"I don't think the evidence is sufficiently strong for any beneficial effect in general for us to consider changing the legality of these substances until a great deal more research is done," Schuster says. "But the illegality should not interfere with this research."
For his part, Griffiths is now recruiting terminally illcancer patients for a trial that will test whether psilocybin mitigates the existential anxiety that comes with facing death. Strangely enough, he says, it may also be a salve for alcoholism and drug addiction.
"It does sound counterintuitive," Griffiths says. But, "six of the 12 AA [Alcoholics Anonymous] steps are related to a higher power and surrendering to it. Many people don't engage fully into the 12-step program because they don't have a connection to a higher power. One can't help but wonder whether an experience like this might be useful."

^ this article you posted back then is on point. i cosign this shit.

i was trying to explain that stuff to diggy in his LSD thread

Old 01-06-2009, 10:46 PM   #24
Mumm Ra
God's Replica

Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I never actually heard voices on shrooms but then again I haven't really tripped hardcore on them either. Most was about an eighth. But I do remember not being able to understand a damn word coming out of this girl's mouth. And sounds/ music in general is just mad bugged out on shrooms.
Old 01-06-2009, 11:51 PM   #25
Civilison
Veteran Member

Civilison crouching tigerCivilison crouching tiger

i never heard no voices but yeah wired up on psychedelics you can see or hear some trippy shit if you don't know this don't mess around it with it.

Mckenna is all right but i just don't know there is something about that guy he's truly devoted to what he does and I appreciate his knowledge but there is some conry element ther that i don't like don't feel the vibe of. it's all good but all that stuff can lead you to some foul shit if you can't control it i'm not against occasional experimentation just don't get caught all up in that game. if done properly certain chemicals can really make you realize certain key things and that's if you need it.

peace to all the seekers out there

"Stay awake to the ways of this world 'cuz shit is deep"

"Those who die today are reborn tomorrow, those who die tomorrow will live again. Those who live Ma'at do not die"
Civilison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 12:07 AM   #26
food for thought
Black Star Line'r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Civilison View Post

Mckenna is all right but i just don't know there is something about that guy he's truly devoted to what he does and I appreciate his knowledge but there is some conry element ther that i don't like don't feel the vibe of. it's all good but all that stuff can lead you to some foul shit if you can't control it i'm not against occasional experimentation just don't get caught all up in that game. if done properly certain chemicals can really make you realize certain key things and that's if you need it.

peace to all the seekers out there
peace

im guessing what u think is corny about he dude is his apparent enthusiasm of using drugs, like hes a corny druggie or something. am i right?

if so, dont forget that he dosent reccommend everyone trip out an shit all the time.

his theory is that 3 or 4 high dose trips are enough for one to feel "psychedelic" all year (what that V4DR article touches on)

he even thinks ppl shouldnt smoke weed all the time like they do. he says one is kept from experiencing the full effect of the urb. he instead advises using weed on weekends and shit only. this also makes sense if u quit smoking for a while and started again u know u get high like u never did before and its a better, more spiritual experience than the recreational using of weed everyday like everybody does

he is also against the recreational use of any psychedelics.

he also theorizes that not all people are fit to trip and go on these spiritual "journeys"

so imo he knows what he is talking about and is not trying to push the drug culture on society as some critics suggest

Old 01-07-2009, 03:24 PM   #27
Civilison
Veteran Member

Civilison crouching tigerCivilison crouching tiger

^no doubt fair enough i agree and i said i wasn't knockin his ideas or knowledge he has lots to say.

and it's not only that geekie thing it seems as if he himself is lacking a spiritual fundament and maybe that's why he ended up doing what he does in the first place. i don't really know it's not my place to judge but im just saying im feelin something there altho i had a phase where i was all into those books too so it's all good.

peace!

"Stay awake to the ways of this world 'cuz shit is deep"

"Those who die today are reborn tomorrow, those who die tomorrow will live again. Those who live Ma'at do not die"
Civilison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 05:40 PM   #28
WARPATH
Dinosaur Hunter

WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via Skype™ to WARPATH

Old 01-08-2009, 12:39 AM   #29
food for thought
Black Star Line'r

no doubt, civil

Old 01-08-2009, 01:16 AM   #30
iLLogik

iLLogik grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by food for thought View Post
lmao what are u doing calling the ambulance on your girl man LOL. calling the police or ambulance when your tripping is something u DONT want to do. u goot deal with all that extra shit and then they fuck you shit up in the hospital. did they pump some shit into her stomach? i heard thats what they do.

anyways, u should have just went with the trip and let it take u where it wanted to . once u eat them shits u just gotta go with the flow. the feelings of you dying might have been your "ego" dying and being reborn. thesre is research about this also. were u fucked up is when u started trying to fight the felling/trip off. this can be like hell to a person tripping.

the best thing to do in those situation is top change the "setting". yall should have went for a walk, or just listened to chill music.

shrooms definately aint something to toy with. wre u guys prepared for the trip?

spunds like the voices your girl was hearing were actually trying to and calm her down and have her submit to the trip. yall should have just relaxed and seen where the trip took you.

u said u closed your eyes for a while, did u see crazy visuals n shit behind your eyelids?

how much did yall eat? what color where the stems?
we called the ambulance because it wasnt just tripping. it made her literally sick. i didnt want to get into detail on that because i don't want to remember that part because it was so nasty and i don't want to think of my shorty in that situation.

i would have let the trip take me wherever but my girl's situation took it somewhere else. and actually, since that situation she has became more..intellectual..should i say...she cares about shit more like world issues etc...before we would talk about things for a couple of minutes and thats that...i used to get annoyed with her ignorance, now she's more interested in everything.

and with me, feeling like i was close to death and actually accepting it ( closing my eyes and just waiting for something to happen ) has made me fear a lot less. it's hard to explain but i definately approach everything with a different angle. and i pride myself in the fact that i snapped myself back into reality in order to help a loved one, something she wasnt able to do herself.

when i closed my eyes it felt as if i was flying through my thoughts.

** an add on to this story, didnt know yall were gonna be so entertained: before shit went down hill and we were actually tripping, she was staring at the wall bugging out. and i was like what? and she was like you dont see that? i looked at the wall and saw nothing, looked back at her - then back to the wall and it looked like the wall was rippling like a rock thrown into a lake.

the hospital didn't pump her stomach because by the time we got in she was beginning to come around. the doctors were more interested in the rare effects the weed and shroom mixture made ( i.e. eyes watering like faucets without crying, the actual color of her eyes disappearing into one big pupil. )

also; the stems were white with like purple viens, caps were purple.

Last edited by iLLogik; 01-08-2009 at 01:24 AM.
iLLogik is offline   Reply With Quote