news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Know The Ledge

Old 01-08-2009, 12:16 PM   #31
WARPATH
Dinosaur Hunter

WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via Skype™ to WARPATH

Quote:
Originally Posted by food for thought View Post

thoughts?

let me add that Shamans aka Indigenous peoples "Medicine Men" use hallucinogens to come up with everything from medicine for a eprson illness to guidance with a specific cause.

this always baffles me, supposedly a person who is sick goes to the village Shaman and the shaman and the "patient" take the hallucinogen and trip out. and by the time they get done tripping they find the answer/cure to the persons illness/problems.

this is documented fact. this is how they survived for centuries. "civilized" ppl disregard their practices as though they are all crazy and push their pharmaceuticals on us with their faultiness and side effects.

build...
I'm gonna guess you meant to say some tribes of indigenous peoples used peyote and/or mushrooms for prayer and healing.

The way I understand it is, when you under the influence your seeing the world in a different- more powerful or spiritual sense. This needs to be done under the proper guidance, or you could hurt yourself.

My uncle told me this story, he is what you would consider a "shaman".

Basically he says that when he was young, he stole his relatives peyote (uncle I think) and him and his girlfriend ate all of it. They started to see the world in a different light. They could see the life force in the nature around them, they could see the "blood or energy" moving through the veins in the leaves. As it started getting more intense they started to loose their minds. After about a day they went to their uncle who sang them songs and prayed with them until they came down from their "high."

Also, we're not from one of the peyote using tribes, but some members have adopted the peyote culture in recent times. My uncle isn't part of this peyote culture, but this his interpretation (as a healer) of it.
Old 01-08-2009, 09:22 PM   #32
food for thought
Black Star Line'r

food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippy The Pimp View Post
I'm gonna guess you meant to say some tribes of indigenous peoples used peyote and/or mushrooms for prayer and healing.

The way I understand it is, when you under the influence your seeing the world in a different- more powerful or spiritual sense. This needs to be done under the proper guidance, or you could hurt yourself.

My uncle told me this story, he is what you would consider a "shaman".

Basically he says that when he was young, he stole his relatives peyote (uncle I think) and him and his girlfriend ate all of it. They started to see the world in a different light. They could see the life force in the nature around them, they could see the "blood or energy" moving through the veins in the leaves. As it started getting more intense they started to loose their minds. After about a day they went to their uncle who sang them songs and prayed with them until they came down from their "high."

Also, we're not from one of the peyote using tribes, but some members have adopted the peyote culture in recent times. My uncle isn't part of this peyote culture, but this his interpretation (as a healer) of it.
nah, i meant to say it like i said

i was talking about indigenous tribes that have Medicine Men aka "Shamans".

i said hallucinogens because peyote and mushrooms are not the only substance they use like u said.

they use many and the one i was primarily talking about is Ayahuasca.

peyote and mushrooms are not even on the level on ayahuasca.

i know some tribes use peyote and mushrooms spiritually, but that was not what i was talking about.

i was talking about Medicine Men aka Shamans in indigenous tribes. there is usually just one in the tribe. and everybody from the whole tribe go to him for healing. everything from an illness to psychologcical shit

the way you described your uncle, thats not the type of Shaman ( the way u said he was) i was talking about.

ill try to find a video if anybodys interested

food for thought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 02:17 AM   #33
EAGLE EYE
0110111101110000011001010111001001100001011101000110100101101111011011100010000001100111011101010110100101101100011011000110111101110100011010010110111001100101

EAGLE EYE has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLogik View Post
also a funny note. i ended up breaking my stereo when we first started trippin because of t pain and his voice machine on the radio, the song seemingly never ended and was bugging me out crazy like the poltergeist.

hahahahahahahahahhahaahhahahahahhahahahahahahahaha ahhaahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahhaahahahahah aha!

sounds like something i would do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Bandana View Post
you dont want me coming around dressed in black homie
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA View Post
Honestly dude, this is why I want to go to hell. Hell is crackin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crump Diddy View Post
Did I scare you?
EAGLE EYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 02:24 AM   #34
iLLogik

iLLogik grasshopper

shit was pretty crazy. turned the radio off for like ten minutes, cut it back on and the song was still on.
Old 01-09-2009, 12:38 PM   #35
Koolish
Don't Mess With It

Koolish drunken mastaKoolish drunken masta

Quote:
Originally Posted by diggy View Post
In my early teens, during a stressful time, I've once heard a voice speak to me, but I didn't listen to it. That was without chemical aid.
stress can trigger some fucked up things.

i read on the internet somewhere there's people who hear voices, but aren't mentally ill.
Koolish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 12:49 PM   #36
The Void
The Ocean of Illusion...

The Void crouching tiger

One time I was jamming on shrooms, I couldn't hear my bass at all, turned it all the way up and still couldn't hear it. My buddies yelled at me to turn it down. I said in a normal voice, "I can't hear it."

"WHAT!?!"
The Void is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 04:33 PM   #37
WARPATH
Dinosaur Hunter

WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by food for thought View Post
nah, i meant to say it like i said

i was talking about indigenous tribes that have Medicine Men aka "Shamans".

i said hallucinogens because peyote and mushrooms are not the only substance they use like u said.

they use many and the one i was primarily talking about is Ayahuasca.

peyote and mushrooms are not even on the level on ayahuasca.

i know some tribes use peyote and mushrooms spiritually, but that was not what i was talking about.

i was talking about Medicine Men aka Shamans in indigenous tribes. there is usually just one in the tribe. and everybody from the whole tribe go to him for healing. everything from an illness to psychologcical shit

the way you described your uncle, thats not the type of Shaman ( the way u said he was) i was talking about.

ill try to find a video if anybodys interested

I understood what you were saying.

What you consider Medicine men aka Shamans, are nothing more then spiritual teachers or interpreters.

Often times tribes didn't have just one or they wouldn't just go to one. There were many, and you had your choice, much like today you can choose which doctor, or priest, or church to go to.

I specified peyote and mushrooms, but there are other like you mentioned. However, these are plants and fungus prepared in specific manner, not your underground version that you get on the streets today. When you say hallucinogens your talking about a wide range substances. Natives didn't go to their local "shaman" for a couple hits of acid and enlightenment ( now you see what I'm getting at). The ceremonies were and still are performed under strict supervision and rules. And under these circumstances, there is no "tripping out."

I get my information from the source, aka Natives that still practice these ceremonies. Who happen to be school teachers, super superintendents, etc..

Shrooms,peyote and/or ayahusca (since we're trying to get specific, while generalizing at the same time) were not the cure all for native peoples.

Now stop for second and think about it before you try and pick apart my post- then build on, ask questions.

Last edited by WARPATH; 01-12-2009 at 04:44 PM.
WARPATH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 05:05 PM   #38
Koolish
Don't Mess With It

Koolish drunken mastaKoolish drunken masta

albert hoffman talked about how traditionally it was the shaman who oversaw the ritual of taking these substances, but in the modern day the shaman is the psychiatrist overseeing the patient's LSD experience.

but too many doctors gave too many patients too much acid and fucked it up for everyone.
Koolish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 03:22 PM   #39
WARPATH
Dinosaur Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koolish View Post
albert hoffman talked about how traditionally it was the shaman who oversaw the ritual of taking these substances, but in the modern day the shaman is the psychiatrist overseeing the patient's LSD experience.

but too many doctors gave too many patients too much acid and fucked it up for everyone.
The experience can't even be compared like that. In my opinion, comparing these plants to other drugs is one of the reasons it was outlawed in the first place. I can practice those customs legally today, because of the American Indian Religious Freedom Act, but it wasn't established until 1978.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/America...us_Freedom_Act
Old 01-13-2009, 05:22 PM   #40
Bacdad

Bacdad shaolin monk

great read,ive done shrooms twice and the second time was one of the best experiences of my life..but the first time was crazy when i was seeing everything in black and white and walking alone outside for like an hour and just couldnt find home i was so fucked up it felt like i was in a labyrinth that kept changing..my friends mom saw me slowly walking around in a circle sometimes with my hands up and talking to myself..the next morning i told her i quess clear liquor isnt my thing but she knew i wasnt just drunk
Bacdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 06:09 PM   #41
food for thought
Black Star Line'r

food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippy The Pimp View Post

I understood what you were saying.

What you consider Medicine men aka Shamans, are nothing more then spiritual teachers or interpreters.

Often times tribes didn't have just one or they wouldn't just go to one. There were many, and you had your choice, much like today you can choose which doctor, or priest, or church to go to.

I specified peyote and mushrooms, but there are other like you mentioned. However, these are plants and fungus prepared in specific manner, not your underground version that you get on the streets today. When you say hallucinogens your talking about a wide range substances. Natives didn't go to their local "shaman" for a couple hits of acid and enlightenment ( now you see what I'm getting at). The ceremonies were and still are performed under strict supervision and rules. And under these circumstances, there is no "tripping out."

I get my information from the source, aka Natives that still practice these ceremonies. Who happen to be school teachers, super superintendents, etc..

Shrooms,peyote and/or ayahusca (since we're trying to get specific, while generalizing at the same time) were not the cure all for native peoples.

Now stop for second and think about it before you try and pick apart my post- then build on, ask questions.
i dont know why you are trying to argue over simple semantics and shit.

and you are real gay for neg reppin my post... but whatever

Quote:
they are also considered spiritual teachers and interpreters. so what? these are titles they have. when one says Shaman, it is know that they are all those things combined.

you obvously are uninformed in the type of shaman i am talkin about.
this is evident fro mwhen you said your uncle use to steal his hallcuniogens and he is considrered a shaman. a shaman doesnet have to steal to get his hands on the substance. he has the knowledge on how to prepare it and where excatly to find the herbs he needs. he dosent have to be a delinquent about practicing what he is entitles to do.

Quote:
most had one but others didnot. watever.

Quote:
I specified peyote and mushrooms, but there are other like you mentioned. However, these are plants and fungus prepared in specific manner, not your underground version that you get on the streets today.
ure mentioning about peyote and mushrooms, when i started talking about hallucinogens that shamans use, shows a lack of understanding on your part to what i am taking about. peyote and mushrooms are used spiritually by some tribes but his is not what i was talking about. everybody knows the government let Indians use peyote because it was part of their religion. this is common knowledge. this is not what i am talking about.

Quote:
When you say hallucinogens your talking about a wide range substances.
thats why i used the word. have u been reading my posts?

Quote:
Natives didn't go to their local "shaman" for a couple hits of acid and enlightenment ( now you see what I'm getting at).
this is stupid. if this is all you are trying to say with your posts, u can go ahead and stop. once again, this is common knowledge. and i wasnt talkin gbaout enlightenment that you can get out of acid. i think i explained this a couple of times.

Quote:
The ceremonies were and still are performed under strict supervision and rules. And under these circumstances, there is no "tripping out."
i used the word "trip out" to explain what i meant to say, to other heads that are not familiar with these practices.

and if you trying to imply that there is no "hallucination" that occurs durig these ceremonies, you are once again misinformed

Quote:
lol its obvious these are the type of ppl u r talking baout.

these are not who i am talking abuot. the tribes im talking about still live out in the rainforests, still tribal, and dont conform to western civilized lifestyles.

u prolly feel like u shuld speak on this cause ure native or watever but pls do the knowledge before speaking.

Quote:
lol watevr man. i said hallucniogens cause like i said, there are plenty substance that are used the way i described.

i mentioned ayahuasca after u started talking about peyote cause i thought that u would know that it is on a whole different level then peyote. and this is the substance that is usually used that i am informed about and therefore talking about.

they might not have been the cure for all native people but it still is the cure for the poeples of the Amazon etc, who continue to live that way.

once again, this is who i am talking about.

not natives that live in the midwest teaching schools and legally talking peyote.

peace

Old 01-13-2009, 08:16 PM   #42
drippie k
este sitio es una mierda

drippie k shaolin masta killadrippie k shaolin masta killadrippie k shaolin masta killadrippie k shaolin masta killadrippie k shaolin masta killadrippie k shaolin masta killadrippie k shaolin masta killa

i enhale the smoke from burning marijuana plants
Old 09-25-2009, 11:52 AM   #43
food for thought
Black Star Line'r

ummm

bump bro for those who missed it

Old 09-26-2009, 02:42 PM   #44
djskillz
Raggamuffin

djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Dope articles. I've never been that high as to where I was hearing voices but I would like to be hahaha.

So many bodies on my microphone the shit's haunted
djskillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 04:21 PM   #45
ALCATRAZ
sleepless in basedworld

ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

readin this shit makes me wanna dive into the abyss !!!
ALCATRAZ is offline   Reply With Quote