news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Lab > Audio Booth > Downloads and Links

Old 01-07-2009, 10:46 AM   #1
Shitao
ASP's S

Shitao iron monkeyShitao iron monkeyShitao iron monkeyShitao iron monkeyShitao iron monkey
Send a message via MSN to Shitao
Default New SHITAO ep "La jetée" with Son of a Bricklayer

Hi all. Happy new year. First project of 2009, an ep with Son Of a Bricklayer. Abstract, Trip-hop... Whatever. Take a look and you know the deal: opinions are welcome.

PEACE

http://www.groundfloorrecords.com/do...jetee-2009.rar

edit:

It's an EP inspired by the masterpiece "La jetée", movie by Chris Marker. A movie who has inspired the 12monkeys of Terry Gilliam. For the ones who want to see this 26minutes movie, it's here with english subtitles. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RvmJan17q8

Last edited by Shitao; 01-07-2009 at 11:30 AM.
Shitao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 10:51 AM   #2
The Prime Sithesizah
Pioneer Of Cerebral Music

The Prime Sithesizah fist of furyThe Prime Sithesizah fist of furyThe Prime Sithesizah fist of furyThe Prime Sithesizah fist of furyThe Prime Sithesizah fist of furyThe Prime Sithesizah fist of furyThe Prime Sithesizah fist of furyThe Prime Sithesizah fist of furyThe Prime Sithesizah fist of furyThe Prime Sithesizah fist of furyThe Prime Sithesizah fist of fury

"Lines" went above everyone's head with the arrangements and everything lol cant imagine what to expect on this one... DOWNLOADING NOW!
Old 01-07-2009, 01:47 PM   #3
Guarded By Martyrs
There R No Strings On Me

Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

This is what I'm talking about...props.

"Lines" blew me away...simply amazing.

Shitao is blessed at production straight up, and is my favourite here.
Hopefully one day we can collaborate.

Peace fam...keep bringing the flames, your style is too sick.

Guarded By Martyrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 03:52 PM   #4
Boss_Digger
Fuck quantize!!

Boss_Digger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Boss_Digger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Boss_Digger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Boss_Digger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Boss_Digger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Boss_Digger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Boss_Digger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Boss_Digger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Boss_Digger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Boss_Digger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Boss_Digger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to Boss_Digger Send a message via MSN to Boss_Digger

downloaded!! I will get back at you tomorrow
Boss_Digger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 05:16 PM   #5
DEVAMPS
Veteran Member

DEVAMPS shaolin masta killaDEVAMPS shaolin masta killaDEVAMPS shaolin masta killaDEVAMPS shaolin masta killaDEVAMPS shaolin masta killaDEVAMPS shaolin masta killaDEVAMPS shaolin masta killa

bout to peep this
DEVAMPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 09:20 PM   #6
Erap
soldier of christ

Erap five deadly venomsErap five deadly venomsErap five deadly venomsErap five deadly venomsErap five deadly venomsErap five deadly venomsErap five deadly venomsErap five deadly venomsErap five deadly venoms

dl fam peace...
Erap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 10:52 PM   #7
GameOfDeath
Half Long Twice Strong

GameOfDeath Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GameOfDeath Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GameOfDeath Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GameOfDeath Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GameOfDeath Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GameOfDeath Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GameOfDeath Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GameOfDeath Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GameOfDeath Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GameOfDeath Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GameOfDeath Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Definitely enjoyable listen. Very creative work and all quality. My favorite beat has to be Peacetime images. Amazing deep. I do think there are some slight mixing issues. But the soundscapes are deep. You should definitely link up with some artists and get some lyrics on these. Could hear some French rappers on this all day. Peace to Son of a Bricklayer the No Memories track is a very close second. Its really a toss up he's even got some lo fi vibe going on. Great album.
Archived Beats - GameOfDeath|Soundclick

Be on the lookout for this mass murderous suspect...coming...
GameOfDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 02:58 PM   #8
DEVAMPS
Veteran Member

DEVAMPS shaolin masta killaDEVAMPS shaolin masta killaDEVAMPS shaolin masta killaDEVAMPS shaolin masta killaDEVAMPS shaolin masta killaDEVAMPS shaolin masta killaDEVAMPS shaolin masta killa

ill album-- that WE beat is fire

Old 01-08-2009, 03:09 PM   #9
Boss_Digger
Fuck quantize!!

Boss_Digger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Boss_Digger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Boss_Digger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Boss_Digger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Boss_Digger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Boss_Digger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Boss_Digger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Boss_Digger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Boss_Digger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Boss_Digger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Boss_Digger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to Boss_Digger Send a message via MSN to Boss_Digger

best absorbed under the influence I think lol certainly very trippy!! I got to admit I dont normally get into the trip hop sound to much but I gave this a spin anyway as your part of the Army and Its the respectful thing to do, but yo this shit was really nice!! I dont think I could listen to it on a regular but if I wanted to zone out I could happily zone out to this. You both got a solid yet spacey sound which is very impressive!! I agree with Game in the fact that theres a couple of minor mixing issues in the low end dept but other than that this is a solid solid effort, mad props to you both!!!!!
Boss_Digger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 03:26 PM   #10
Shitao
ASP's S

Shitao iron monkeyShitao iron monkeyShitao iron monkeyShitao iron monkeyShitao iron monkey

Thx a lot fams. That's so appreciated. I'm agree with you about the mixing. We wanted to give a dirty 60's mood to this ep. But honestly, we have had some mastering problems during the final steps. 2 beatmakers, 2 softwares/hardware, 2 way to work on the drums... Pfffff tiresome . Anyway thx a lot and thx to him (Son of...).

PEACE and see u soon for other adventures
Old 01-08-2009, 06:18 PM   #11
mashqauck
+-

mashqauck crouching tiger
Send a message via AIM to mashqauck

Shitao, this ep is reaaaal nice. The two different sides to this ep mesh very well and give off a complete style

i really enjoyed the tracks "time scarfaces" and "no memories, no plans" you and your people are always bringing somethin good to the table

good work man!! great way to start the year off
Old 01-09-2009, 09:35 AM   #12
The Prime Sithesizah
Pioneer Of Cerebral Music

The Prime Sithesizah fist of furyThe Prime Sithesizah fist of furyThe Prime Sithesizah fist of furyThe Prime Sithesizah fist of furyThe Prime Sithesizah fist of furyThe Prime Sithesizah fist of furyThe Prime Sithesizah fist of furyThe Prime Sithesizah fist of furyThe Prime Sithesizah fist of furyThe Prime Sithesizah fist of furyThe Prime Sithesizah fist of fury

I've been a fan of yours since I heard some of the pre-material you've dropped and I've listened to almost everything I know of that you've released... Lines was an experimental classic IMO.. that album took branches out of branches of musicality..

This tape.. was DIFFERENT.. far from anything ordinary, the in-depth 60s touch and everything.. it was so retro in a worldly way.. I dont have much to complain about except the quality of some of the tracks, otherwise.. the arrangements and everything are always on some adventurous, initial type of shit... the drums and how you two just put together the EXACT melodies and rhythms was just amazing.. I wish more producers were this ORIGINAL but it is what it is... however, this LP may just be the album of the year.. if not, a serious... seerrrious runner-up.. I dont think this is easy to sleep on.. the trippy vibes and all... just spectacular... people have always told me about your work and how dope everything you have done was and I'm witnessing it throughout each release and sooo far, I dont even have ONE negative thing to say... Shitao.. if you ask me, you're one of the NICEST producers in this world, question.. none! Keep droppin ill and profound classics, man!! The galaxy needs more QUALITY over QUANTITY.. because you display it in your work, PERFECTLY.... PiDeaCe!
Old 01-09-2009, 02:40 PM   #13
Shitao
ASP's S

Lol man that's too much. But thx a lot for this love. Thx a lot. And don't forget Son of... This guy is mad.
Old 01-14-2009, 06:11 PM   #14
DEVAMPS
Veteran Member

^tru that THE GARDEN beat is sickk
Old 01-15-2009, 11:49 AM   #15
12weLvE
Veteran Member

12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to 12weLvE

Its no Lines IMO... I mean I really enjoyed it dont get me wrong, but it dint give me that same feel. The Garden is extremly sick though.

I give this beat tape a 8.5/10

Love the creativity, and how you set off the whole movie vibe.

Thanks for the listen yo.

*REp Added