news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber

Old 01-16-2009, 05:04 AM   #76
Durag
RaizaBlade

Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Personally i prefer LS, but saying either is light years ahead is fuckin rediculous. I can see how someone would prefer either one over the other, but in no fuckin way is either one light years ahead of the other.

Durag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 05:08 AM   #77
Frank Drebin
shaolin shadowboxer

Frank Drebin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Frank Drebin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Frank Drebin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Frank Drebin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Frank Drebin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Frank Drebin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Frank Drebin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Frank Drebin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Frank Drebin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Frank Drebin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Frank Drebin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Liquid Swords production is slightly better and GZA was at his peak.

OB4CL is a great great album though

Frank Drebin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 06:07 AM   #78
DR. NICK RIVIERA
Hello, everybody!

DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post
"Only Built 4 Cuban Linx" has been my favorite album since the first time i heard it and it still holds up to that level but saying it's light years ahead of LS is taking it too far lol.. but yeah people don't recognize Raekwon's skills which is a shame, he's extremely talented with the wordplay, delivery and his innovative slang... at one point he was my favorite MC in the whole game.
yeah but let's look at this......at this perspective

I hate when we have a discussion here and one side doesn't say anything at all [Ghostlaced for example, or the dude posting the pic of the purple tape. whatever. really good point, mate!]

I recognize Raekwon's skills, but saying he was always speaking some nice shit would make him the best rapper of all time. But let's go album by album, where he was majorly on it

Enter - we all know the Wu revolutionized the game with this album, slang wise Rae helped, but he wasn't on INS' level. He wasn't on GZA's level, or RZA's level or MEF or Ghost's. I won't count Uey or Masta Killa, since they were pretty absent, but he had better rhymes than ODB [RIP to the gawd.] His street tales were beautiful, CREAM and Can it be... are one of his best verses

Clan solos, mostly Ghost's - dude killed it. A lot of times. He had that street slang, he was real with it, he wasn't just trying to spit punchlines after punchlines, he actually said something... altho his best feats in '00 stay on Supreme Clientele, u know and I know, Ghost is the best with Rae and vice versa. I do feel Raekwon never managed to spit any really thought provoking or just a ill metaphor after 2001, but he just isn't that rapper. But still, that can be a little minus. We all love his flow and use of different words that give u that abstract feeling, but he doesn't make any sense everytime and it shows. If he would, he would be MORE recognized in the hiphop circles, or at least would be mentioned beyond the Wu albums, Ghost's sidekick and OB4CL. If u think for instance Pusha T is weaker than Rae, prove me wrong. Indeed Rae paved the way, but that most of the material we heard in the nineties are outshined by new cats, some people won't admit that to themselves, both ok, to each it's own.

OB4CL - he was dope on it, he tells vivid street tales, but everytime I compare Rae's street shit to GZA's, I tend to like LS more. How should I put this? Rae and Ghost create a action movie, the one like in the old days...they are in it, it's a mob family thing, but that album rarely makes u wonder about some innerself shit - like Ghost n Rae don't glorify what they do, they just do it, because they are a family, it's a story, they never explained why are they the way they are, they just are and they are mad cool with it.

LS on the other side is showing description of the whole hood and what is going on, it's just different, Killah Hills is the only mafia song

here is where people distinct, some people like one album more than the other, but u know we are both winners, these two albums are great music.

Forever and Immobilarity - where u can find Rae's best work. But everything else has the hit or miss theory. Again, if u don't agree, prove me wrong.
Old 01-16-2009, 07:53 AM   #79
claaa7
Killer Bob

claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

^^ as I said at one point Raekwon was my favorite MC, as you said around the time of "Immobilarity" he was at his absolute peak lyrically and then he had a delivery that was almost on fucking Nas level.

yes since then he has dropped alot of hit-and-miss verses but compared to GZA these days I think he's more solid...

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!
claaa7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 08:04 AM   #80
swizz-chef
i'm from s-WU-tzerland

swizz-chef shaolin monk
Send a message via MSN to swizz-chef

i love both and i can't decide which ones better...sometimes i like ls more sometimes ob4cl....
Old 01-16-2009, 08:05 AM   #81
SL33
Hungry Hyena From Medina

SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wera View Post
Forever and Immobilarity - where u can find Rae's best work. But everything else has the hit or miss theory. Again, if u don't agree, prove me wrong.

co sign.....CL was brought to classics by Ghost & RZA, i'm not sayin that Rae sucked on it, but, rap-wise, he was fully mature after 97. (don't sleep on his The W verses too)

SL33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 08:16 AM   #82
claaa7
Killer Bob

claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

^^ of course RZA and Ghost was part of making OB4CL a classic but the same should be said about "Liquid Swords" too.. GZA has a good ear for beats but i don't think he would have cooked up a classic without RZA's production.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!
Old 01-16-2009, 08:19 AM   #83
pmack215
* Mighty Healthy *

pmack215 drunken mastapmack215 drunken masta
Send a message via Skype™ to pmack215

Quote:
Originally Posted by speakonitgod View Post
and i love liquid swords.....

i don't understand how everyone in the world doesnt agree on this.... not because its my opinion, but beacuse only built is a perfect album.....even the flaws add to its perfection (wu tang karate, stanima)... its the ultimate street wu record but its still fused with martial arts themes and hella wisdom.... to me personally only built was the most lethal chamber ever entered in wu history....

bump rza installing a mic in rae's whip to capture real niggaz doin real nigga shit

bump shallah raekwon and u god fighting for seven hours over uey sayin that only built was classic only because of ghostface

bump the snare in incarcerated scarfaces

bump the nigga in tha project lobby in incarcerated scarfaces video who stared down shallah raekwon but buckled under pressure when tha rest of tha clan came thru thick (nh)

bump namin ur album after a necklace, most hood move ever by a wu tang member

but most importantly, bump rza's best work..............
i hear ya on all of this, but LS vs OB4CL is really a matter of taste (how you like your hiphop). they both can be considered the best albums ever made, but they're so different. like you said, OB4CL is for the street cats & those who favor that element. LS is for those who are more into the intellectual aspect, the subtlety, those who want an MC to just grab the mic & spit a lethal verse, with no BS, no skits, no talking, no swagger....just allowing everything you wanna express to come through in ur lyrics....not needing to do anything else.
THAT is why gza & LS are so loved - b/c actually his style may be the most confident/arrogant of all....to just say "yo, i dont need to do or say anything other than to just spit my lyrics, and know that i killed EVERYTHING in a 50 mile radius....then just drop the mic & walk away.....the utmost confidence in ur ability!

i guess u can kinda tell i favor LS. i love OB4CL as much as anyone, but i just prefer that gza / LS style....that quiet confidence, humbleness, no BS, straight spittin'.

the true genius & winner in all of this is RZA, in my opinion. to have this on ur resume....that he crafted these 2 masterpieces, from beginning to end, 100%, every single little element & detail (i know 4th did BIBLE).....in such a short period of time, back to back, right after eachother. to me, the greatest accomplishment in hiphop history!!

peace.
Old 01-16-2009, 08:29 AM   #84
NIGHT MAYOR
tha VIKING gawd

NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post
"Only Built 4 Cuban Linx" has been my favorite album since the first time i heard it and it still holds up to that level but saying it's light years ahead of LS is taking it too far lol.. but yeah people don't recognize Raekwon's skills which is a shame, he's extremely talented with the wordplay, delivery and his innovative slang... at one point he was my favorite MC in the whole game.
c'mon man saying rae is tight with the flow is a bit far. he aint dropped a dope album since early 90's, every rapper has tight rhymes at the start of his carreer. peace. gza is that kid.

750 REBELS - australia's best

NIGHT MAYOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 12:57 PM   #85
Don Universo
OB4 Iron Flag Niggas

Don Universo iron monkeyDon Universo iron monkeyDon Universo iron monkey

Cuban linx was really a "wu-tang album starring rae and ghost....liquid swordz was more of a solo album with features. It's hard to choose, it depends on a daily basis...monday I might wanna hear some fly street shit(ob4cl)and wednesday I might wanna hear some gritty Rza production with lyrics that make you rewind almost a line in every song(LS)either way you can't lose...but on friday I'm rockin Ironman(my favorite)
Don Universo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 01:15 PM   #86
ALCATRAZ
sleepless in basedworld

ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

thats funny^ i asked my homie which one he liked better and he was like....actually i like ironman tha best........................weird
ALCATRAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 02:54 PM   #87
hectis
Vic

hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

the travel at nearly the same speed of light but Liquid swords is better

Banner appears courtesy of the craft of Bobby_Digital72
hectis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 03:11 PM   #88
YungSunny
Buddha Blessed

YungSunny drunken mastaYungSunny drunken masta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damon View Post
OB4CL = Liquid Swords

however.........OB4CL is practically a FULL 20 minutes longer than Liquid Swords.

therefore, OB4CL > Liquid Swords

no question
By far the worst statement in this thread.
Quanity over quality?...ReallY?
Old 01-16-2009, 05:18 PM   #89
ALCATRAZ
sleepless in basedworld

ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by YungSunny View Post
By far the worst statement in this thread.
Quanity over quality?...ReallY?
he just said ob4cl = liquid swords meaning they are of equal value, but since only built is longer it takes the gold because 20 minutes of extra classic material beats no 20 minutes of no classic material...get it
ALCATRAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 05:29 PM   #90
claaa7
Killer Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredy Mech View Post
c'mon man saying rae is tight with the flow is a bit far. he aint dropped a dope album since early 90's, every rapper has tight rhymes at the start of his carreer. peace. gza is that kid.
shit Raekwon's flow/delivery was extremely on point around the time of "Immobilarity", when he'd been in the game for around 7 years.. GZA never flowed like that and yes Rae's been dusty and haven't released anything noteworthy album in a good while but GZA is even more boring these days.