news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber > Album Reviews

View Poll Results: LA The Darkman - Hiest of The Century
Classic 33 35.48%
Superior 37 39.78%
Banger 20 21.51%
Average 2 2.15%
Mediocore 0 0%
Wack 1 1.08%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-01-2008, 10:06 PM   #76
SG
Forever Upward

SG crouching tigerSG crouching tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by supNow View Post
classic classic classic! La where you been stop doing this internet only release bullshit
Agree
SG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 03:08 PM   #77
6 Chambaz
But The Stove Was Off...

6 Chambaz prodigal son6 Chambaz prodigal son6 Chambaz prodigal son6 Chambaz prodigal son6 Chambaz prodigal son6 Chambaz prodigal son

A banger, but not a classic, near to superior
Old 03-02-2008, 04:19 PM   #78
racist randy
Don't grab my jacket dunn

racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to racist randy

I'm waiting for dinner so why not do a review. Plus I haven't reviewed in a while.

I would like to say when I first got this I was like...This shit not nothing special, but as time went on I was starting to like this album more and more...

1. Lucci
I like this track, nice opening track for an album. It's a banger, especially in ya car. Nice bass and the beat is hot. LA is spitting real nice on it, kinda an album preview. 4.5/5
2. Shine
This is an ok track, it kinda got annoying after awhile though. Beat isn't all that great even though the lyrics are dope, it's not enough to stop me from skipping the track. 3.5/5
3. City Lights
I first heard this track on a mixtape, I like this shit. LA is painting a nice picture right here,showing that he can step up to the plate. The Beat complements LA real well. 4.5/5
4. What Thugs Do
Mediocore. I never liked this track at all. The beat is wack so is the hook too. 3/5
5. Heist of the Century
I expected better, the beat isn't what I expected. LA and Sin are ripping it, but I would've preferred a different beat. It's still a banger though. 4/5
6. Fifth Disciple
This sounds like some classic Wu shit. Beat is classic, LA is on some other shit "It's surprising, how I throw lines like Joe Theisman / Franchisin, then pose for the rap Heisman" WHoaaa...Short and Sweet 5/5
7. Now Y
This shit is nice, straight up east coast street shit. La has a voice that when he projects his voice it sounds real fluent. Beat is real dope. 4.5/5
8. Spring Water
Maybe cause this a Raekwon featured track, but this is hot to me. Real smooth track. Beat is nice and smooth. A nice video for it also. 4.5/5
9. 4 Souls
I love this, it's like they both in the booth spitting dartz battling it out with each other, beat is crazy nice too. The guy Shotti isn't wack either. 5/5
10. Street Life
La is going off on here, let me see "Niggas can't afford this, my queens look gorgeous, I think eating swordfish, Surrounded by 20 men cold-blooded as a amphibian,In the Benz puffing trees straight from the Caribbean, it's Darkman" That shit was crazy....Tekitha is nice on the hook. Beat is something new to me. 5/5
11. Love
I like this track, some deep shit spoken by LA "I look into ya eyes and get hard" I can feel him on that tip, that's how I felt about someone before..lol. It's all good though. 4.5/5
12. Figaro Chain
LA may murder Havoc on the lyrical tip, But Havoc Murders this beat...I love how the beat just rides out, I remember playing this track in the summer nights pulling off when the light turns green as the beat rides out...classic 5/5
13. Polluted Wisdom
I like this shit, great storytelling, Rza beat is real nice, I can imagine this shit in my head clearly... 4.5/5
14. Gun Rule
La is keeping it raw, nothing else to say... 5/5
15. Element of Surprise
Uhhhh it's an ok track. Masta Killa has the best verse. I'm not feeling U-God on this one, and the beat is kinda annoying... 3.5/5
16. Az the World Turnz
For you Raekwon haters Eat a Dick. They both spitting about ligfe and shit, smething calm and smooth to chill out to. 5/5
17. Wu-Blood Kin
I love this track this is some of the best shit I heard 12 o clock spit, LA is still painting vivid pictures with ease, I love ghost on the hook. 5/5
18. I Want It All
Nice ride out beat right here with the sun going down, Very smooth laid back beat, nice outro...4.5/5

One thing I don't like about this album, is that damn talking at the end of some of the tracks, really don't feel like sitting through all that for the next track.
Beats: 4.5/5
Lyrics: 5/5
Overall: 4.5/5 Superior ****Certified Wu-Classic****

Last edited by racist randy; 04-25-2008 at 01:54 PM.
racist randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 04:51 PM   #79
born invincible
// Never Defeated //

born invincible prodigal sonborn invincible prodigal sonborn invincible prodigal sonborn invincible prodigal sonborn invincible prodigal sonborn invincible prodigal son
Send a message via AIM to born invincible Send a message via MSN to born invincible

classic... hands down.

born invincible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 04:52 PM   #80
Greek Gheynician Anal Tradition
FAGMA LOVES MENS COCK

Greek Gheynician Anal Tradition's Avatar

Greek Gheynician Anal Tradition drunken mastaGreek Gheynician Anal Tradition drunken mastaGreek Gheynician Anal Tradition drunken masta
Send a message via MSN to Greek Gheynician Anal Tradition

classic..100%

figaro chain is one of the illest beats ever

Greek Gheynician Anal Tradition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 01:01 PM   #81
Surreptitious
Above the Clouds

Surreptitious prodigal sonSurreptitious prodigal sonSurreptitious prodigal sonSurreptitious prodigal sonSurreptitious prodigal sonSurreptitious prodigal son

that album is on the 94-96 era level of Wu, carlos broady was layin down bangers for La and he stepped up to the plate and knocked that shit out the park, plus one of my favorite U-god verses ever on that album
Old 03-04-2008, 07:38 PM   #82
the silencer
king disguised as beggar.

the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

i have to sit down and give this a full review one day but for me the highlights are the 2 4th Disciple classics..

Track 11 called Love....the beat just puts me into another zone..

and of course Element of Surprise..

4th Disciple's gotta be one of the most underrated, unknown yet incredible producers in hip hop history...
Old 03-05-2008, 02:32 PM   #83
Ya_Bane
I'm The Master MingLuKhan

Ya_Bane prodigal sonYa_Bane prodigal sonYa_Bane prodigal sonYa_Bane prodigal sonYa_Bane prodigal sonYa_Bane prodigal sonYa_Bane prodigal son

Had to shoot some of my babies with my phone. The Heist CD and LP, and the red vinyl in front of them is a limited edition Az The World Turnz 12" promo.

I also got the What Thugs Do 12" (b/w Wu Bloodkin).

You may spot the trim, got three sets of LP/CD on the wall. Line-up changing, right now Heist, GAR and Wu-Chronicles vol. 1. They doesn't impress anyone, but as I said they're my babies
Old 03-05-2008, 07:49 PM   #84
racist randy
Don't grab my jacket dunn

racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to racist randy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ya_Bane View Post
Had to shoot some of my babies with my phone. The Heist CD and LP, and the red vinyl in front of them is a limited edition Az The World Turnz 12" promo.

I also got the What Thugs Do 12" (b/w Wu Bloodkin).

You may spot the trim, got three sets of LP/CD on the wall. Line-up changing, right now Heist, GAR and Wu-Chronicles vol. 1. They doesn't impress anyone, but as I said they're my babies
i got that in my cd collection 2.
racist randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 08:13 PM   #85
pneumatic
The Preacher

pneumatic prodigal sonpneumatic prodigal sonpneumatic prodigal sonpneumatic prodigal sonpneumatic prodigal sonpneumatic prodigal son

Nice shit Bane.
Old 03-05-2008, 10:04 PM   #86
Guarded By Martyrs
''Don't Get Me Started''

Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technician View Post
classic..100%

figaro chain is one of the illest beats ever
Co-Sign...
Not to mention the fact that La The Darkman blacks out and kills Havoc's beat & rhymes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the silencer View Post
i have to sit down and give this a full review one day but for me the highlights are the 2 4th Disciple classics..

Track 11 called Love....the beat just puts me into another zone..

and of course Element of Surprise..

4th Disciple's gotta be one of the most underrated, unknown yet incredible producers in hip hop history...

Co-Sign...Whats up silencer.
All of my mates who aren't really into Wu go deep about 4th Disciple...
I made a CD of most of his beats and my mate said he is clearly 1 of the best
Producers ever.

"Dangerous Minds" was probabally the 1st 4th beat I ever heard !!!!!!!!
__________________________________________________ ______

Alo I gotta shout out "Shine" & "Gun Rule"
Great album...
Patiently waiting for another 1.........

Guarded By Martyrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 01:09 PM   #87
Leo Angel
Veteran Member

Leo Angel crouching tigerLeo Angel crouching tiger

superior album / my personal classic

best songs:
I Want It All
Polluted Wisdom
Az The World Turnz
Streetlife
Element Of Suprise
Love
Heist Of The Century
Leo Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 05:57 PM   #88
Surreptitious
Above the Clouds

Surreptitious prodigal sonSurreptitious prodigal sonSurreptitious prodigal sonSurreptitious prodigal sonSurreptitious prodigal sonSurreptitious prodigal son

Its all about that Lucci
Old 04-23-2008, 06:08 PM   #89
6 Chambaz
But The Stove Was Off...

6 Chambaz prodigal son6 Chambaz prodigal son6 Chambaz prodigal son6 Chambaz prodigal son6 Chambaz prodigal son6 Chambaz prodigal son

Lucci, Heist Of The Century be the best tracks
Old 04-24-2008, 07:05 PM   #90
oDoUoSoKo
frieza saga

oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to oDoUoSoKo

people seem to forget, when rating this album, that lyrically, it isnt over average.
oDoUoSoKo is offline   Reply With Quote