news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Sound Shack

Old 01-19-2009, 03:12 AM   #1
NIGHT MAYOR
tha VIKING gawd

NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default The Official: Mike Patton appreciation thread

Mike Patton, easily one of the most talented singers of our time - and interesting, he has fronted alot of bands including :

*Faith no more
*Mr Bungle
*Tommahawk
*Fantomas
*Peeping tom

& plenty more + he has done voice acting for video games - he has attempted basicly every vocal ability and his attempts have made people stand back and wonder "is this man human ?" from deathmetal to melodic harmonious songs he has it locked, no doubt. i have heard he can hit octives higher than Mirriah Carey and i dont doubt it. His personality is'nt very subtle and he does project his deprived gothic thoughts onto his audience without hesitation - but cult followers are always there, from the bungle days, too his current happenings with tommahawk and peeping tom.

I had the great fortune of seeing him tour with tommahawk a few years back and it was disturbing to say the least, near the end of the show whilst playing with his homemade musical instruments, gas mask & speaker phone he pulled what seemed to be a real penis from his pants (an artificial one designed for urine tests) and proceeded to 'piss' on the crowd, sending me running for the back of the crowd. but this is the shit he is known for.

A joker in the musical world but also a very respected vocalist. whats your favourite Patton band ? i'd say - faith no more.

hope he gets back into the game soon, i miss him

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Patton

Faith no more - Evidence

Faith no more - Stripsearch

MR Bungle - Quote Unqoute

Tommahawk - God hates a coward

Tommahawk - Rape this day

Peeping tom - Mojo

Sepultura ft. Mike Patton - procura o cara

Mike distracted in interview by australian band 'wolfmother' (for the record i totaly agree with him hahahaha)

Last edited by NIGHT MAYOR; 01-19-2009 at 03:44 AM.
NIGHT MAYOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 12:08 PM   #2
oDoUoSoKo
frieza saga

oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to oDoUoSoKo

dont like him.
oDoUoSoKo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 03:53 PM   #3
NIGHT MAYOR
tha VIKING gawd

NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

......what is this - gen chat ? thanks dusk

Old 01-19-2009, 04:13 PM   #4
Olive Oil Goombah
Anglophile

Olive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killa

i saw peeping tom in concert about a year ago. They weren't bad. My cousin is a big fan of theirs, that was the first time i heard them.

butterscotch was pretty cool too
Old 01-20-2009, 01:20 AM   #5
NIGHT MAYOR
tha VIKING gawd

you never got into faith no more nicky ? how old is you - if you dont mind me askin.

Old 01-20-2009, 01:24 AM   #6
Olive Oil Goombah
Anglophile

Olive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killa

27......I tend to stick to a few bands and thats it. I branch out here and there, and I've heard of them and probably heard their songs, but I just didnt realize it.
I dont really buy nor collect alot of music.

For some reason, I just can't sit and listen to new music unless it totally grabs me. Its weird.
Old 01-20-2009, 02:16 AM   #7
NIGHT MAYOR
tha VIKING gawd

yeah your around the same age as me, i got into faith no more when i saw the epic film clip, they are a band i chill too. i put them in the same listening state as 'TOOL' and other stonner rock like 'DOWN'

here is the first expierence i had with mike patton (1989):

everyone knows this song.

Old 01-20-2009, 02:19 AM   #8
NIGHT MAYOR
tha VIKING gawd

and this one:

best cover, love the clip too. i sing it to all the girls i pick up.

Old 01-20-2009, 02:24 AM   #9
NIGHT MAYOR
tha VIKING gawd

another great cover, i think this is a Bee-Gee's siong, who evidently started their career in my capital city, Brisbane

Old 01-20-2009, 11:40 AM   #10
Olive Oil Goombah
Anglophile

Yea..see i've heard faith no more. I knew i did.
Old 01-20-2009, 10:20 PM   #11
oDoUoSoKo
frieza saga

oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to oDoUoSoKo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredy Mech View Post
......what is this - gen chat ? thanks dusk
no this is my forum...eloels. and i was being serious, i dont like him.
oDoUoSoKo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 03:09 AM   #12
NIGHT MAYOR
tha VIKING gawd

well if i had a medel i would give it too you, possative energy - nah-mean ?

Old 01-21-2009, 12:03 PM   #13
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Like Faith No More.

Don't mind Tommahawk, because their intense.

Don't like Peeping Tom at all.

Never heard any Uncle Bungle.

Longbongcilvaringz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 02:47 AM   #14
NIGHT MAYOR
tha VIKING gawd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Bateman View Post
Like Faith No More.

Don't mind Tommahawk, because their intense.

Don't like Peeping Tom at all.

Never heard any Uncle Bungle.
Bungle is grand dude, you prolly would'nt like the original self titled album (which the song i posted is from) discovolanate would be more your style, bit triped out, you'd have to be in an aphex twin mood, nah mean ?

Old 01-22-2009, 07:53 AM   #15
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I'll have a look at it.

Longbongcilvaringz is offline   Reply With Quote