news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber

Old 09-07-2005, 06:28 PM   #16
adriatic

adriatic grasshopper
Default Re: Raekwon

Raekwon was ill in the early days of Wu he was probably my favorite member.

He did fall off and his album making abilities are suspect without RZA (along with every other Wu member) but as a straight up emcee Rae is still better than U-God, Masta Killa, or ODB so nope not the worst in the Clan sorry. And I love his voice. No one sounds like Rae.
adriatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 07:01 PM   #17
rzarazorrzarazorsharp
Geo the God Of Diction

rzarazorrzarazorsharp drunken mastarzarazorrzarazorsharp drunken mastarzarazorrzarazorsharp drunken masta
Send a message via AIM to rzarazorrzarazorsharp

Quote:
Originally Posted by eelrehsu
To me raekwon is the weakest member of the clan. i started thinking this as soon as i heard the lex diamond story, i dont wana sound like a hater, maybe i just dont dig his flow, but other than ob4cl, wot is ther that proves me wrong, sumbody tell me?

i would rate KP, cappa, streetlife all as being a stronger mc's than rae.

sorry.

peace.
cappa is fucking GARBAGE...that nigga don't know what the fuck he talking about...he had like 5 good versed and never again.

www.soundclick.com/mcgeo : old stuff
rzarazorrzarazorsharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 07:08 PM   #18
Rebel_INS
Veteran Member

Rebel_INS shaolin monk
Send a message via AIM to Rebel_INS

nah dawg raekwon iz the shit yo, lex diamonds is hott
Old 09-07-2005, 07:11 PM   #19
Ironman Starks
Niggas Against Society

Ironman Starks grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by adriatic
Raekwon was ill in the early days of Wu he was probably my favorite member.

He did fall off and his album making abilities are suspect without RZA (along with every other Wu member) but as a straight up emcee Rae is still better than U-God, Masta Killa, or ODB so nope not the worst in the Clan sorry. And I love his voice. No one sounds like Rae.
^^^Masta Killa is dope...and is better than meth lyrically nowadays to me...

and ODB is probably the smartest mc in the clan next to rza and gza(number1) if you need proof go listen to his songs and read the hidden symbolism page which points out that he was way ahead of his time..U-God is dirty as hell with his flow he just needs stop doing retarded choruses and what not...and too all the people yellin out he needs RZA production shut up...because RZA makes the choice to produce you see Deck Masta and U God got left out after forever because RZA had so much other shit goin on and well they got passed over to 4th Dicisiple and Tru Master and shit and U God got mad because RZA never would help him and in my opinion Uey is right only problem is he aint got anything else to go to....

as far as raekwon goes I think hes cool but his flow isnt nearly as hungry as it used to be he now is much more low pitched and doesnt come out like he did on albums like OB4CL, Ironman and Forever hes sort of gone down in pitch since forever and thats my only problem with him otherwise his lyrics are better than before.
Ironman Starks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 07:16 PM   #20
snapple
i think i'm high

snapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal son

someone hasn't heard ironman or ob4cl...

Realness
snapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 08:02 PM   #21
Immortal.
Banned

Immortal. grasshopper

/
Immortal. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 10:16 PM   #22
LordReveal
Veteran Member

LordReveal crouching tigerLordReveal crouching tiger

Raekwon lyrically killed Immobilarity. If U listen to the lyrics without the beats, ya'll would agree. Yes, his last two albums were not up there with Cuban Linx, but it's very rare for artists to top their debut album, specially when it's a classic. IMO, Raekwon's lyrics got better over the years. Granted, his ear for beats is trash. However, on his latest appearances, he's got that hunger back (example: Masta Killa's "DTD"), and why is that? Because it was Wu produced, it brings out that raspy voice more than the beats he likes. For the person that said he doesn't like Raekwon's voice: that's one of his strongest attributes...his voice. For some reason, I like rappers with a raspy voice (Raekwon, Nas, Jadakiss).
Old 09-07-2005, 10:18 PM   #23
RADIOACTIVE MAN
Alphomega man

RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordReveal
Raekwon lyrically killed Immobilarity. If U listen to the lyrics without the beats, ya'll would agree. Yes, his last two albums were not up there with Cuban Linx, but it's very rare for artists to top their debut album, specially when it's a classic. IMO, Raekwon's lyrics got better over the years. Granted, his ear for beats is trash. However, on his latest appearances, he's got that hunger back (example: Masta Killa's "DTD"), and why is that? Because it was Wu produced, it brings out that raspy voice more than the beats he likes. For the person that said he doesn't like Raekwon's voice: that's one of his strongest attributes...his voice. For some reason, I like rappers with a raspy voice (Raekwon, Nas, Jadakiss).
yea real talk

he did his thing on that new Gza track too

astro eden"- the new album,get it here
http://www.sendspace.com/file/pbnrft
RADIOACTIVE MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 10:27 PM   #24
da_genius21
Brown Pride

da_genius21 grasshopper
Send a message via MSN to da_genius21

ODB is da worst on da clan
the U god
and then Rae

Fuken U god sucks balls without the clan
rae killed it ob4cl and he also did his thing in bulletproof
Old 09-07-2005, 11:39 PM   #25
Lesbian Nun
Mandatory Death

Lesbian Nun grasshopper

some producer should remix ALL his immobilarity shit, onto a new mix of the same vocals...cause aloooot of those beats are as bad as it comes...but not any of the rhyming...he was on some way crazier shit then even cuban linx on immobilarity...

raekwon is easily not the worst, i'd say he's top 4 for sure...
Lesbian Nun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 02:03 AM   #26
ShaolinDarts
Audio System/Diamond

ShaolinDarts iron monkeyShaolinDarts iron monkeyShaolinDarts iron monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by eelrehsu
To me raekwon is the weakest member of the clan. i started thinking this as soon as i heard the lex diamond story, i dont wana sound like a hater, maybe i just dont dig his flow, but other than ob4cl, wot is ther that proves me wrong, sumbody tell me?

i would rate KP, cappa, streetlife all as being a stronger mc's than rae.

sorry.

peace.
I respect this view. Its a genuine view cuz this kind of view was being said by many people till not too long ago. There was a time on this forum when mentioning Raekwon would kill any thread as all that followed was fat jokes. People were saying that Rae's career is over and shit. But thats just the way of this forum. A couple of the longer term members always said that Rae is good except for beats and now its seems everyone has picked up on that . That is the way of this forum, most people don't subscribe to their own views but to the popular views of the forum. Raekwon is now no longer a fat has been who should "eat beats instead of eating donuts" (this is an actual quote). Thats why I respect the above view even though I disagree.

My personal view - Raekwon is an asset to the clan. I put Raekwon at number 2 after Gza for consistency overall. His albums may lack what people want but his clan album performances plus Ironman plus other stuff puts him above most of the other clansmen. But he's too unique to be liked by everyone.

I'm hood ornaments, junkies win awards in my tournaments - Chef Raekwon
ShaolinDarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 04:55 AM   #27
eelrehsu
Veteran Member

eelrehsu grasshopper

respect shoalindarts, thank you for tht.

i have never said, i hate or even dislike Rae, i just rate other wu mc's higher, agreed in the early wu shit, rae was dope. most notably to me, forever, iron man and especially on "rawhide", tht is one of my fav ever wu tracks, and rae kills tht no doubt!

Immobilarity is a good album, i neva sed it wasnt, i just dont enjoy it as much as other clan members joints. and maybe lex diamond story pushed me to far....

i have never over looked rae, or any clan member, i believe i saw a stat awhile back sayn Rae was the wus most domanant mc, incuding interludes etc. so dnt see how i can be a hater, wen he quite obviously dominates most of the cds i listen to.

the lex diamond story and "i gotta get paid" is wot puts rae down in my estimation, as with most ppl on this board, i dont really enjoy his beats. i no alot of the clan hav released some below par material, but i stil prefer ther weaker efforts to raes.

its not tht i dislike rae, its just tht i rate the other clansmen more.

peace.
Old 09-08-2005, 06:51 AM   #28
Welshkillabee
WelshKillaBee

Welshkillabee grasshopper

Rae is my favorite MC outta the Clan along with GZA no doubt
Old 09-08-2005, 07:57 AM   #29
Dante
Devils never cry

Dante grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to Dante Send a message via Yahoo to Dante

I strongly disagree with the starter of this thread, Raekwon is fucking sick. He's my 3rd favorite behind GZA and Inspectah Deck. OB4CL is classic, his shit on Wu-Tang Forever is beyond sick, dude is just an overall amazing MC
Old 09-08-2005, 08:01 AM   #30
Sicka than aidZ
JOKER FAM

Sicka than aidZ five deadly venomsSicka than aidZ five deadly venomsSicka than aidZ five deadly venomsSicka than aidZ five deadly venomsSicka than aidZ five deadly venomsSicka than aidZ five deadly venomsSicka than aidZ five deadly venomsSicka than aidZ five deadly venomsSicka than aidZ five deadly venomsSicka than aidZ five deadly venoms

he's gangsta as fuck, cuban link 2 with cuban linnk