news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Box Office Hideout

Old 02-08-2009, 07:14 PM   #1
TAURO
El Don of this shit

TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default Punisher Warzone Review Thread

Ok I just got back from seeing this sequel/reboot, yes yes I know you americans saw it last year but it's only just come out over here so I thought I may as well drop my thoughts.

Well here it is, a Punisher movie that does the comic book justice, Ray Stevenson IS Frank Castle/Punisher, this is the guy from the print come to life, I honestly can't say enough good things about this guy. Ray Stevenson brought the intensity needed for the character while still remaining likeable, at times I was unsure whether he was a guy focused on a mission or whether he had cracked and had a death wish, and that is EXACTLY how the Punisher should be. He is a guy that doesn't believe in the grey area, for him life is black & white, of course the irony could be that he himself falls into a grey area even though he may not believe it himself.

CHARACTERS
Ray Stevenson smashed it as the Punisher, end of story.

Wayne Knight who plays Punisher's partner Micro Chip was solid but he didn't really get alot of screentime and it was never explained why he worked with Punisher. There were moments of bonding between the two but they wern't really given alot of time to flesh out their relationship which is a shame considering what happens later in the movie.

Colin Salmon as Paul Budiansky I thought was good in this, he plays a cop who's partner is killed by the Punisher while undercover and initially sets out to get him but instead winds up working with him when the situation gets out of hand. He was a character who suprisingly got alot of screentime but he wasn't annoying in anyway, he had a good arc despite the limited script.

Dominic West (The Wire/300) as Jigsaw and Doug Huchinson as Loony Bin Jim I have to say where on some serious ott theatrics here, from they're stereotypical new york accents to they're constant mugging they were quite frankly an aquired taste and I can see why alot of people would hate their characters, but I found them to be enjoyable to watch and brought alot of personality to the characters which I felt was needed to help elevate them above the standard mafia types. I will say they just about got away with it but their ham acting was close to almost ruining a straight up gritty Punisher flick which given this franshises reputation it just don't need right now.

STORY
This is what I think was the movie's weak point. It's nothing special at all, it's the usual cliche we've come to expect from these sorts of action/revenge movies but I think given the fact this movie didn't have much of a budget to work with I suppose for a first movie it was probably best to play it safe but this type of story isn't (and didn't) going to impress anyone and I think in this day and age where we have movies like Iron Man and Dark Knight, these comic book movies really need to step up their game at the script stage.

ACTION/FX
This flick lives up to the hype, it's balls to the wall action and Punisher shows no mercy. It's well shot (none of that shakey cam bullshit) and it's raw. It's comic book violence and it is ott but it works within the context of the movie.

OVERALL
I don't know if it was because I went in with very low expectations but I ended up really enjoying this film. I enjoyed it in the same way I enjoy seeing movies like Die Hard or any flick by Van damme or Seagal in their prime. This movie was just a straight up eighties style action flick where no brain power is needed. It delivered in bringing the right Punisher to the screen, one we as Punisher fans have waited so long to see, yes it still had alot of flaws but it definately didn't have nearly enough compared to the earler films in this franchise. This flick deserves to be given a chance and I hope (even though it seems unlikely) we see a direct sequel to this.

3/5

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
Method Man

Last edited by TAURO; 02-08-2009 at 07:19 PM.
TAURO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 12:27 AM   #2
NAKHI the SOLORIAN
i still love h.e.r.

NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I am waiting for a dvd rip to drop

click the sig if you vatican status
NAKHI the SOLORIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 12:47 AM   #3
whitey
Wu Vatican

whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

i thought it was terrible. 1/5 i prefered the other one to this one with a 2.5/5. and that was not a strong film by any means.

this new shit just turned into a gorefest.
The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.
whitey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 12:52 AM   #4
NIGHT MAYOR
tha VIKING gawd

NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitey View Post
i thought it was terrible. 1/5 i prefered the other one to this one with a 2.5/5. and that was not a strong film by any means.

this new shit just turned into a gorefest.
^ must not have read Marvel Comics as a child

This movie makes up for the two shithouse creations that had the punisher name. (yes dulph lungren played punisher in the 80's)

Since Punisher was my favourite Marvel comic I personaly loved it, the whole Frank Castle personality fit the comic book one with the exception him being in Iraq instead of Vietnam, he was more of an asshole which i liked (punisher never made friends with a dopey bitch and dude) and the gore was much better. I also liked the fact they kept his families death as it was originaly in the comics.

i have only seen a camera copy of the movie (last year) and i will actualy purchase the DVD (gotta have it in the collection)

9/10 in my books.

NIGHT MAYOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 02:09 AM   #5
NAKHI the SOLORIAN
i still love h.e.r.

NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

when I get links I will post em for you Doc

Old 02-09-2009, 02:23 AM   #6
NIGHT MAYOR
tha VIKING gawd

NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

reviews were bad BECAUSE PEOPLE WHO REVIEW ARE PUSSY MOTHERFUCKERS WHO NEVER READ A MARVEL COMIC IN THEIR ENTIRE LIFES. movie shits on all other marvel movies (apart from iron man)

i love these rebot movies, hulk was ten times better aswell, eric banna was a fucking gay as hulk, edward killed it.

Old 02-09-2009, 02:28 AM   #7
Rame
Wu Vatican

Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I believe I haven't even seen the first Punisher.

Is that worth copping?
Rame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 02:32 AM   #8
NIGHT MAYOR
tha VIKING gawd

fuck no, he is a limp dick cock suker

bullshit story (nothing like the comic) and he is a pussy motherfucker with a concious.

Old 02-09-2009, 02:33 AM   #9
Rame
Wu Vatican

Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Alright.. noted.

I'll wait for this movie then.
Rame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 02:42 AM   #10
NIGHT MAYOR
tha VIKING gawd

yeah good decission rama, honestly the first (second) punisher was a holywood version of punisher, anyone who knows Frank Castle knows he is a mean motherfucker.

Judge Dred was my second favourite comic.

Old 02-09-2009, 02:44 AM   #11
NAKHI the SOLORIAN
i still love h.e.r.

lol.........

Old 02-09-2009, 09:02 AM   #12
whitey
Wu Vatican

whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

i have no problem with how he acted. that was fine. and maybe it was way true to the comic, which makes comic book guys happy. but i could care less about that. i thought jigsaw was the corniest worst villain ive ever seen. i left that movie feeling sick, like why did i just watch that garbage.

and i love voilent/action movies, the new rambo, 300, kill bills, quintin tarintino flicks, and and all that shit. this punisher movie was just wack to ME.
The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.
whitey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 09:36 AM   #13
drippie k
este sitio es una mierda

drippie k shaolin masta killadrippie k shaolin masta killadrippie k shaolin masta killadrippie k shaolin masta killadrippie k shaolin masta killadrippie k shaolin masta killadrippie k shaolin masta killa

i seen the last one they did it thank god i got in for free lol

havent seen this one though but people tell me different shit about it, that it sucked and that it was hella tight...and both of those comin from people who read punisher

i'm a big marvel fan myself but i never really got into the punisher for some reason...dont hate it, i just never picked one up n read it, i always got spider-man, x-men, deadpool and ghost rider
Old 02-10-2009, 12:52 AM   #14
NIGHT MAYOR
tha VIKING gawd

Quote:
Originally Posted by drippie k View Post
i seen the last one they did it thank god i got in for free lol

havent seen this one though but people tell me different shit about it, that it sucked and that it was hella tight...and both of those comin from people who read punisher

i'm a big marvel fan myself but i never really got into the punisher for some reason...dont hate it, i just never picked one up n read it, i always got spider-man, x-men, deadpool and ghost rider

punisher originaly came into marvel through spiderman, pretty sure, he lives in new york.

Old 02-11-2009, 09:29 AM   #15
immaculate

8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury

hiting theatres in march(!!!) over here - def gon see it

8 is offline   Reply With Quote