news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber

Old 02-11-2009, 11:52 PM   #1
Thworldisyours
PRODIGAL SUN

Thworldisyours iron monkeyThworldisyours iron monkeyThworldisyours iron monkeyThworldisyours iron monkeyThworldisyours iron monkey
Default Immobilarity... Ten years later...

Played it for the first time in years and it's a LOT better than I remember it...

Album has aged well since its debut... Probably the most slept on Wu-Tang album of all time...
Thworldisyours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 11:55 PM   #2
Come Honor Face
Veteran Member

Come Honor Face iron monkeyCome Honor Face iron monkeyCome Honor Face iron monkeyCome Honor Face iron monkey

Can't stand it! Rae killed it lyrically, but the beats are just awful! Sorry. Just my opinion. I've tried many, many times to like this album, and I just can't do it. WACK!!
Come Honor Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 12:03 AM   #3
SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
AKA THE PROTO-CHAOS

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thworldisyours View Post
Played it for the first time in years and it's a LOT better than I remember it...

Album has aged well since its debut... Probably the most slept on Wu-Tang album of all time...
very slept on

NON IGNORANT...

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 12:06 AM   #4
hectis
Vic

hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I never got why people hated it so much. perhaps because they were thinking it would be another CL. rae was the victim of making such a classic album

Banner appears courtesy of the craft of Bobby_Digital72
hectis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 12:39 AM   #5
RAW-TASTE
PRODIGAL SUN

RAW-TASTE crouching tiger

i still bump it sometimes, it's lyrically on point, you probably will never hear rae like this again, i say he was at his peak...

pity it got wasted on immobilarity though, he coulda made another classic
RAW-TASTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 12:40 AM   #6
Thworldisyours
PRODIGAL SUN

Thworldisyours iron monkeyThworldisyours iron monkeyThworldisyours iron monkeyThworldisyours iron monkeyThworldisyours iron monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by hectis View Post
I never got why people hated it so much. perhaps because they were thinking it would be another CL. rae was the victim of making such a classic album
Yeah that had something to do with it... I mean I never hated it but its probably my LEAST favorite Wu album from the 90s... I've actually played Golden Arms Redemption more...

Its funny tho... The main reasons why I didnt like it before are the reasons why I kinda dig it now... I mean I never understood why there was little to no Wu on it and most importantly NO RZA BEATS or GHOSTFACE???

But now, I kinda like it BECAUSE of that... I mean its the one album where Rae has the total spotlight... As much as I like OB4CL, its not really a SOLO album (the only FULL solo, multi-verse track is Incarcerated Scarfaces)... Immobilarity OTOH is 100% Raekwon... And the minimal production used kinda adds to that as well...

There's no memorable hooks (Besides Live From NY), no clear-cut singles, it's just Nonstop Chef cooking in the kitchen... And he still has that 90s era flow which he lost shortly after...

Add to the fact that I cant stand most hip-hop I hear nowadays and Immobilarity looks better and better as the years go on...
Thworldisyours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 12:53 AM   #7
Guarded By Martyrs
There R No Strings On Me

Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Honestly, one of my favourite albums.

Guarded By Martyrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 02:36 AM   #8
Sparrow Daene
PRODIGAL SUN

Sparrow Daene five deadly venomsSparrow Daene five deadly venomsSparrow Daene five deadly venomsSparrow Daene five deadly venomsSparrow Daene five deadly venomsSparrow Daene five deadly venomsSparrow Daene five deadly venomsSparrow Daene five deadly venomsSparrow Daene five deadly venoms

Sneakers. that's it. other than that, I don't know what he was thinking.
Sparrow Daene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 02:55 AM   #9
Wu-Tang Gambino
Liquid Swordsman

Wu-Tang Gambino shaolin monk

It obviously is amazing but it is a good album. There are some outstanding tracks, it just need some better production from some better producers since Pete Rock was really the only notable name on the album. Live from New York, Tables & Sneakers are amazing tracks.
Wu-Tang Gambino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 03:01 AM   #10
Come Honor Face
Veteran Member

Come Honor Face iron monkeyCome Honor Face iron monkeyCome Honor Face iron monkeyCome Honor Face iron monkey

When I get this cd out, I always end up skipping every track except Live From New York. Lex Diamond Story was much better imo.
Old 02-12-2009, 03:18 AM   #11
Erquel
The Chef

Erquel drunken mastaErquel drunken masta
Send a message via ICQ to Erquel

it's an outstanding album
been sayin that for years lyrics on immob>lyrics on ob4cl
though eevrybody claim production was trash i think the numer of bangers keep that shit bananced
+ Masta's verse on The Table - OH MY COW!
Erquel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 03:26 AM   #12
Come Honor Face
Veteran Member

Lol @ Oh My Cow!
Old 02-12-2009, 04:17 AM   #13
DR. NICK RIVIERA
Hello, everybody!

DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Embryonic Crusadah View Post
When I get this cd out, I always end up skipping every track except Live From New York. Lex Diamond Story was much better imo.
'do you listen to music or you just skim through it'

Yeah, Immobilarity gets dreadful near the end, but Rae spits vicious and mad.

Rae on his third album? === UTTER TRASH.

Immobilarity is a great album, if u can't understand that, u r missing a lot.
Old 02-12-2009, 04:30 AM   #14
RAW-TASTE
PRODIGAL SUN

RAW-TASTE crouching tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by wera View Post
'do you listen to music or you just skim through it'

Yeah, Immobilarity gets dreadful near the end, but Rae spits vicious and mad.

Rae on his third album? === UTTER TRASH.

Immobilarity is a great album, if u can't understand that, u r missing a lot.
for real.....i really can't understand picking lex diamond over immobilarity, lex diamond is some mediocre shit, at least immobilarity has mad hungry lyrical rae
RAW-TASTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 05:27 AM   #15
Pattch82
The Drunken Flunky

Pattch82 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Pattch82 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Pattch82 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Pattch82 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Pattch82 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Pattch82 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Pattch82 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Pattch82 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Pattch82 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Pattch82 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Pattch82 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

It took me a loooooong time to feel Immobilarity but now I love this album for the most part. It starts off great with the lil Godfather III style intro, Rae tryna buy the Rap Vatican Bank! Then straight into Yae Yo & Casablanca, two of my favourite tracks on the album! I agree that it could have done with some RZA or Wu-Elements beats to match Rae's awesome rhymes, but as it stands its still aolid album IMO.

Peace!
Pattch82 is offline   Reply With Quote