news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber

Old 02-21-2009, 11:03 AM   #1
Art Vandelay
Importer/Exporter

Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default 6 things Rza learned on the set of Funny People

Last June, when we first got word about a certain new Judd Apatow project, pretty much all we knew about the film was that it was called Funny People, and that it would include lots of them. Adam Sandler. Seth Rogen. Jonah Hill. Jason Schwartzman. Andy Dick. Sarah Silverman. Aziz Ansari. Dave Attell. The list was pretty thick.

Oh, and it included RZA from the Wu-Tang Clan. We called up the man born Robert F. Diggs and asked him to reflect on the production of Funny People. No stranger to film, Diggs has appeared in American Gangster, Coffee and Cigarettes and Ghost Dog, amongst others, but never has he worked so extensively in humor. "It was challenging in one essence, because I'm not from the comedy world," Diggs says. "These guys are seriously funny." Here are six things RZA learned on set:

Seth Rogen is not a rapper: It was like a freestyle battle and he won, because we were doing comedy. If Judd said try it again, we'd try it again and Seth would change the joke. I felt compelled to change my line to keep up with his freshness, but I wasn't able to. There were a couple times I got stuck and said the same joke two or three jokes. If he was rapping, I would have had him all day.

The importance of being courteous: It was a unique experience. I'll be taking what they showed me, [like showing] courtesy to every person on the set. I learn this each time, but this movie consolidated it. Everybody, down to the guy who picks you up in the morning to drive you to the set, plays an important part in the production. My respect for what they do helps make a better film. The fans never see that; all they see is the results. The guy that picks me up at 6 a.m. had to get up at 4 a.m. He doesn't leave until I leave. If I have a 10-hour day, he has a 14-hour day.

Adam Sandler is cool: I had one scene with him. It wasn't written in the script and I hope it makes it into the movie. For me, being a musician and touring around the world, I have a fan base, but in Hollywood, I'm new. A lot of these people, I'm fans of theirs. I've seen Waterboy and movies like that. Getting a chance to share a moment with a guy like that is kinda cool. Adam was a charismatic kid.

Stay on point: One lady came up to me [in the movie] and I had to give her some turkey. But I didn't know [the actress] was a comedian. I thought she was an extra, but they hire comedians for all these spots. This lady tore me up! I actually felt like a guy behind the counter being chastised by a customer. She definitely threw me off beat.

Judd Apatow owns: He had total control over the set, and it was like spontaneous combustion. We were doing [scenes] and Judd was yelling out jokes, which shows his comedic power. He'd be like, "Say this! Say that!" I knew he was doing it to me, but he was doing it to the other actors too. In comedy, you can do that. It's something I'll utilize if I ever become a director.

Stand-up comedy is awesome: My funniest moment was in a night-club scene. Adam and Seth and Aziz had to do actual comedy sets. Those are some of the funniest moments because the jokes were actually stand-up jokes. The cast and the crew had a chance to see an actual performance. I wasn't prepare for that. That was a treat for me.

http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/sho....php?p=2318054
Art Vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 11:58 AM   #2
TAURO
El Don of this shit

TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

The trailer is out for this, I was hoping to catch a glimpes of Rza but he doesn't appear.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
Method Man
TAURO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 02:07 PM   #3
Thrilla24x7
I'm The Ultimate

Thrilla24x7 drunken mastaThrilla24x7 drunken mastaThrilla24x7 drunken masta

Funny People Trailer

*No Rza

Thrilla24x7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 02:16 PM   #4
oDoUoSoKo
frieza saga

oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to oDoUoSoKo

Aziz is in it? sweet, that guy is a riot. eloels.
oDoUoSoKo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 02:20 PM   #5
oDoUoSoKo
frieza saga

oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to oDoUoSoKo

Aziz is in it? sweet, that guy is a riot. eloels.
oDoUoSoKo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 02:29 PM   #6
Monkdude
ADEPT

Monkdude drunken mastaMonkdude drunken masta

the last scene in the trailer is the best part
Monkdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 03:15 PM   #7
Tage
John W. Henry

Tage Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tage Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tage Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tage Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tage Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tage Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tage Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tage Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tage Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tage Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tage Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

eric bana is classic.

this film looks like its gonna be pretty good.. hopefully rza doesnt have any cringe worthy moments when hes trying to be funny.
Old 02-21-2009, 03:54 PM   #8
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

Location: my own private domicile, and I will not be harassed...bitch!
Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

looks lame, another crappy comedy with some 'emotional' 'heartwarming' bits. judd apatow sucks.

and rza plays a grocery store worker with no aspirations...and is probably the only black character in the movie...need i say more
Dr. Simon Hurt is offline   Reply With Quote