news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber

Old 09-09-2005, 10:35 AM   #1
the surgeon
Veteran Member

the surgeon grasshopper
Default What if Raekwon had Ghostface's beats after OB4CL

I was wondering if Raekwon had the beats on the albums 4 Ironman,Supreme Clientele,bulletproof wallets,pretty toney would he be considered the most consistent member of the clan.Would ppl stop thinking he fell of lyrically?Now i'm not saying ghostface is whack or overrated he is obviously dope wid the emotion in his lyrics, his complex lyrics that make u think and his crazy flow.He is one of my favourite MCs ever i'm just wondering what ppl would think of Raekwon would they say he's better than Ghost and the most consistent member of the clan?
the surgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 12:05 PM   #2
THE W
ISRAELITE

THE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venoms
Default Re: What if Raekwon had Ghostface's beats after OB4CL

IMO neither one of them have done that great. ghosts last two albums sucked and raekwon's last two sucked. lyrically raekwon is way more consistant than ghost but ghost has a much better ear for beats.

if raekwon had ghosts ironman and SC beats(the hell with those BPW and pretty toney beats). he would be the most consistant as far as quality albums as well as lryics(well, next to Gza).
The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)
THE W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 12:16 PM   #3
ShaolinDarts
Audio System/Diamond

ShaolinDarts iron monkeyShaolinDarts iron monkeyShaolinDarts iron monkey

I agree, BPW and PT beats wouldn't exactly set a Rae cd on fire. Rae could have done well on Run and Biscuits but thats the only Rae banger I could think of from those albums (apart from the songs that he is already on).

Rae did very well on Ironman and SC is tailor made for Ghost I doubt anyone could ride those beats like he did.

IMO Rae needs beats, he is not the type that can't make a bad beat sound good. He can make a good beat sound even better but on a bad beat its usually the simple comment 'Shit beat but Rae killed it lyrically'

I'm hood ornaments, junkies win awards in my tournaments - Chef Raekwon
ShaolinDarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 12:17 PM   #4
digitalsouljah36
Veteran Member

digitalsouljah36 crouching tiger
Send a message via AIM to digitalsouljah36

I never thought Rae fell off lyrically, but he wouldn't know a dope beat if it hit him in the face. He has to let other people like RZA and Busta Rhymes pick his beats for him.
"That pilgrim needs to back off. He ain't got no street cred, thats my word."
digitalsouljah36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 12:18 PM   #5
the surgeon
Veteran Member

the surgeon grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadedigital36
IMO neither one of them have done that great. ghosts last two albums sucked and raekwon's last two sucked. lyrically raekwon is way more consistant than ghost but ghost has a much better ear for beats.

if raekwon had ghosts ironman and SC beats(the hell with those BPW and pretty toney beats). he would be the most consistant as far as quality albums as well as lryics(well, next to Gza).
Hmmm i agree wid some of what u said some days i feel like Raekwon is better lyrically and has the better verses out of the 2 other days i feel like Ghost is the stronger of the 2.Especially when u listen over some of his verses that went go over ur head at first.

Pretty Toney and Bullet Proof Wallets had loads of bangas like Run,beat the clock,iron lunges,kunta fly shit,holla,love,buscuits,maxine,hilton,love chemistry,ghost showers,the forest,never be the same again.They're some classic tracks there
Old 09-09-2005, 12:26 PM   #6
Protection
?!?!?!?!!!?!?!???

Protection grasshopper

Y'all make it sound as if BPW and PTA was wack.
Old 09-09-2005, 12:34 PM   #7
THE W
ISRAELITE

THE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protection
Y'all make it sound as if BPW and PTA was wack.
thats because in our opinion they were wack(well, i'd say that BPW was mediocre).
The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)
Old 09-09-2005, 12:37 PM   #8
ShaolinDarts
Audio System/Diamond

I sometimes wonder whether its that Rae can't pick a beat or whether he is just trying to prove a point (unsuccessfully offcourse) that he doesn't use mainstream producers.

Old 09-09-2005, 12:40 PM   #9
THE W
ISRAELITE

i believe he wanted to show that he could do it without ghostface or Rza, and also he wants to give up and coming producers a chance to shine.
Old 09-09-2005, 12:42 PM   #10
SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
AKA THE PROTO-CHAOS

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

too me raekwon ain't never fell off lyrically just head stop checking for him cuz if you listen to his lyrics shit is always tight never came wack man wake up son

NON IGNORANT...

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 12:43 PM   #11
ShaolinDarts
Audio System/Diamond

The cream team produced the most of Immobilarity and they weren't even known of before it came out.

Old 09-09-2005, 12:46 PM   #12
the surgeon
Veteran Member

the surgeon grasshopper

i think it's true about supreme clientele being made just 4 ghost i cant imagine Rae comming off quite as nice as Ghost did on that album,but the other albums, yes even pretty toney and bullet proof wallets Rae would be getting the recognition he deserves.
Old 09-09-2005, 03:29 PM   #13
pussy-with-teeth
Banned

pussy-with-teeth grasshopper

i always thought rae was weak on the songs he had with ghost on BPW. Raekwon needs to grow as an artist..he the same like he always was..u know ...mafioso...i dont want 4 albums full of this subject - thats why rae never gonna dropa a classic again..ghost is the only one in the clan that really enveloped as an artist....aint on one in the clan can make shit like love, holla, last night, etc....rae over those beats would be nice - but - if that would mean that he and not ghost would have got em, iam have to say - hell no.
pussy-with-teeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 05:17 PM   #14
Orion Nebulus
Scientifical Ninja

Orion Nebulus drunken mastaOrion Nebulus drunken masta

Raekwon is still an ill emcee...but to say he's better over Ghost beats..I dont think so!! Those beats where suited for Ghostface and Rae would be dope on it too..but it wouldnt be as raw as Ghost.

"One arm bandit..stab companions with intricate sentences...battle crews single- handed..with cannons that blow you from here to other planets."
Orion Nebulus is offline   Reply With Quote