news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 09-09-2005, 02:55 PM   #1
Kennings
Thought Provoker

Kennings grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to Kennings
Default DJ's help bringing down HipHop

Everyone talks about how record companies, the media, the fanbase, and artists selling themselves out for money are all killing hiphop. But lately Ive noticed that DJ's are just as responsible, and have so much power.

All the time you hear them host radio shows with well respected artists and their views with the game these days, and one time I heard Ghostface on a local radio station sayin that hiphop needs a rebel, someone whos on their own shit and bringin somethin new to the table. And the DJ was cosignin, and sayin that this is true. And another time they was speakin of the Game's album of being a classic album today, but how lp's today aren't anything like they were back then, and complainin how his album was called a classic even though he doesnt even write all of his lyrics. I havent even just heard it on local stations, I drive interstate all the time and hear this talk all the time everywhere.

So basically all I wonder is, if they control what people hear, and what they spin...why dont they do a better job of selecting who needs to be heard and what is deemed "hot." Im sure of course they got management tellin'em what they need to spin, but still they could easily throw in hot local artists or underground cats that're by far hotter than we got now, and during prime hours instead of like one hour a week dedicated to showing unheard of talent.

just a thought
Kennings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 03:43 PM   #2
GhettoGnom
Veteran Member

GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default Re: DJ's help bringing down HipHop

Actually, I agree... Donnu much from what they play on the radio in the us dough, since I'm from norway.. But we got 1 radio channel with only "hip-hop" on it, and everytime I tune in, all I hear is wack songs from 50 and all the other shit they play... Have only heard 1 or 2 times they play "real hip-hop"(damn, I hate that expression! It aint no real and fake hip-hop ffs!!! Damn, couldn't think of another word! Damn I'm mad right now!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesJones
I didn't like it because of the beats.
GhettoGnom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 05:55 PM   #3
Koolish
Don't Mess With It

Koolish drunken mastaKoolish drunken masta
Default Go

i honestly don't think DJs have any power anymore, other than mixing it up or scratching over records or something.

money and power get your song heard.
________
GROWING MARIJUANA

Last edited by Koolish; 03-24-2011 at 12:34 PM.
Koolish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 06:11 PM   #4
Qwiffersniffer
Veteran Member

Qwiffersniffer grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueWisdom
Everyone talks about how record companies, the media, the fanbase, and artists selling themselves out for money are all killing hiphop. But lately Ive noticed that DJ's are just as responsible, and have so much power.

All the time you hear them host radio shows with well respected artists and their views with the game these days, and one time I heard Ghostface on a local radio station sayin that hiphop needs a rebel, someone whos on their own shit and bringin somethin new to the table. And the DJ was cosignin, and sayin that this is true. And another time they was speakin of the Game's album of being a classic album today, but how lp's today aren't anything like they were back then, and complainin how his album was called a classic even though he doesnt even write all of his lyrics. I havent even just heard it on local stations, I drive interstate all the time and hear this talk all the time everywhere.

So basically all I wonder is, if they control what people hear, and what they spin...why dont they do a better job of selecting who needs to be heard and what is deemed "hot." Im sure of course they got management tellin'em what they need to spin, but still they could easily throw in hot local artists or underground cats that're by far hotter than we got now, and during prime hours instead of like one hour a week dedicated to showing unheard of talent.

just a thought
Because Dj's spin what girls are feeling. Can't put it any simpler than that.
Qwiffersniffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 02:52 PM   #5
Kennings
Thought Provoker

Kennings grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to Kennings

but I bet if they spun somethin good all the time girls would start feelin it...like I know plenty of girls that like to listen to good hiphop and would rather just save that shit for the club.
Kennings is offline   Reply With Quote