news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Sound Shack

Old 02-24-2009, 09:06 PM   #1
noel411
The ABBOTT

noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default Radiohead-How to Disappear Completely

This is probably the heaviest song I've ever heard. One of the realest and greatest songs ever penned.

That's all.
Old 02-24-2009, 10:06 PM   #2
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Blee dat.

Longbongcilvaringz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 10:12 PM   #3
oDoUoSoKo
frieza saga

oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to oDoUoSoKo

nah, i love the song, but its not at top 5 Radiohead songs for me.
oDoUoSoKo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 08:59 PM   #4
noel411
The ABBOTT

noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

It's number 1 Radiohead song for me. Although maybe tied with Exit Music.
Old 02-25-2009, 09:33 PM   #5
Olive Oil Goombah
Anglophile

Olive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killa

yes i did a thread about this song a while ago..

I walk thru walls.....

i float down the liffey
Old 02-26-2009, 02:06 AM   #6
Uncle Steezo
Gen Chat Bully

Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Yo the force of emotion is epic.
the song feels like that moment right when a drug kicks in. doesn't matter what it is, THC coke heroine X liquor. but that moment when you move rapidly from sober to under the influence.
and you have that "mmmmmmm hmmmm there it is" feeling. thats this song.

HTDC can literally get you high.

just like most RH songs, with HTDC, all types of meaning can be gleaned from the lyrics.
i always felt it was a song about emptiness. like a rape victim or even the rapist. the escapism and the loss of self during the act, and the emptiness that follows. thom said the subject matter of Kid A was Brutal and horrible.

my shit was morning bell too
its supposedly is about the house they worked on kid a in. it was haunted.

he was asking the ghost to leave him alone

Uncle Steezo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 02:20 AM   #7
noel411
The ABBOTT

Quote:
just like most RH songs, with HTDC, all types of meaning can be gleaned from the lyrics.
i always felt it was a song about emptiness. like a rape victim or even the rapist. the escapism and the loss of self during the act, and the emptiness that follows. thom said the subject matter of Kid A was Brutal and horrible.
To me it is about being in such a fucked up situation, one event or just in life in general, that you just tune out and say "I'm not here, this isn't happen". It's about denial. The instrumental track and Thom's vocals perfectly capture the emotion of the lyrics. Even the end part where it gets kind of trippy is brilliantly executed.
Old 02-27-2009, 11:47 AM   #8
Olive Oil Goombah
Anglophile

Olive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killa

Quote:
Originally Posted by STYLE View Post
Yo the force of emotion is epic.
the song feels like that moment right when a drug kicks in. doesn't matter what it is, THC coke heroine X liquor. but that moment when you move rapidly from sober to under the influence.
and you have that "mmmmmmm hmmmm there it is" feeling. thats this song.

HTDC can literally get you high.

my shit was morning bell too
its supposedly is about the house they worked on kid a in. it was haunted.

he was asking the ghost to leave him alone

yea, i dont do any of those grown man drugs, but i used to get high and just listen to radiohead and let tell a story within my own mind. I have no idea if thats the story Yorke intented it to be (undoubtedly it wasnt) but it made sense to me at the time.
Old 02-27-2009, 09:52 PM   #9
oDoUoSoKo
frieza saga

oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Exit Music, and more importantly...Climbing Up The Walls.....those are epic to me, as far as build.
Old 02-27-2009, 10:13 PM   #10
INF
Digital @fterLife

INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to INF

I love Kid A. I just bought a copy today on wax. Thats an album I have had since day 1. How to Disappear completely has been good and bad to me. At times its been the song I hate on that record and other times it really helps.

I tripped some wicked shrooms last year and one of the places I was at when I started tripping had this record on and I stayed for the whole thing. Some parts of the record were really spooky. I didnt expect it but that record is scary while on shrooms.

my favorite off of kid a is the national anthem.

If you open up the back of the jewel case for the cd you can find some extra art that Thom did under another name.
INF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 12:40 AM   #11
Uncle Steezo
Gen Chat Bully

Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

National anthem used to be my fav. i rotate favs. when the horns come in....dope.

RH are masters at taking you across the galaxy in 5 minutes without you even noticing you moved.

its hard to replay some songs cuz at the end you are in such a diff mood than the beginning of the song.

something to think about when making an album.

Kid A is currently my fav song.
"we've got heads on sticks.... you've got ventriloquists"
Old 02-28-2009, 11:05 AM   #12
oDoUoSoKo
frieza saga

'Nuff Said.
Old 02-28-2009, 11:12 AM   #13
Olive Oil Goombah
Anglophile

i will eat you all alive i will eat you all alive i will eat you all alive i will eat you all alive, they'll be no more lies they'll be no more lies they'll be no more lies they'll be no more lies
i will eat you all alive i will eat you all alive i will eat you all alive i will eat you all alive, they'll be no more lies they'll be no more lies they'll be no more lies they'll be no more lies
Old 02-28-2009, 11:15 AM   #14
oDoUoSoKo
frieza saga

eloels, ya i love that shit.
Old 02-28-2009, 11:25 AM   #15
Uncle Steezo
Gen Chat Bully

you heard the fila brazillia remix to climbing up the walls?