news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Sound Shack

View Poll Results: Voodoo Chile or Slight Return
Voodoo Chile 3 42.86%
Voodoo Chile ( Slight Return ) 4 57.14%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-27-2009, 08:02 AM   #1
Jeru
Non Ignorant

Jeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of fury
Send a message via AIM to Jeru Send a message via MSN to Jeru
Default Voodoo Chile or Slight Return ?

Ok so, Electric Ladyland... Classic album.

Alot of gems on there but out of the 2 Voodoo Chile versions wich one do you find the best? A couple of months ago I would've chosen Slight Return but now having copped Electric Ladyland and given it a very good listen I'm going for the original...the drum breaks are phenomenal, the guitar playing is awesome, everything is on point. I may have chosen this version because I'm an avid Blues fan but Slight Return is also magnificent. Wich one do you choose?

Winner of The Masta Killa Award 2007
New and Improved Cool List : Everybody
The Cool List name and product is protected under the laws of I used it first.All rights reserved
Jeru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 10:15 AM   #2
Senator C. Palantine
Wobbling Totem Poles

Senator C. Palantine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Senator C. Palantine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Senator C. Palantine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Senator C. Palantine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Senator C. Palantine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Senator C. Palantine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Senator C. Palantine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Senator C. Palantine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Senator C. Palantine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Senator C. Palantine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Senator C. Palantine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Slight Return for me.

Album is the shiznit.
Old 02-27-2009, 01:41 PM   #3
INF
Digital @fterLife

INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to INF

I like the first one cuz of the live atmosphere. Its like being in a bar and jimi is up there doin it big.

My favorite line is the edge of the hand mountain chopping line. I love the mental visual that line gives me.

also when he said he would make love to that chick and she would feel no pain is DOPE.

....and at the same time I'm right here in yo ... picture frame

RIP
INF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 02:45 PM   #4
The Hound
Fuck the King

The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

slight return

is this question ever necessary>
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTLACED View Post
I say nigga and i'm white
The Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 05:20 AM   #5
Jeru
Non Ignorant

Jeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of fury

Uhm yes it is because alot of people automatically assume that because he played Slight Return at Woodstock it is therefore the better version even though alot of people prolly never heard the original Voodoo Chile.

The Cool List name and product is protected under the laws of I used it first.All rights reserved
Old 02-28-2009, 06:02 PM   #6
djskillz
Raggamuffin

djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Gotta go for the original. Love them both and I wouldn't want one without the other but the original just has something special about it that I like.

So many bodies on my microphone the shit's haunted
djskillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 02:06 AM   #7
The Hound
Fuck the King

The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeru View Post
Uhm yes it is because alot of people automatically assume that because he played Slight Return at Woodstock it is therefore the better version even though alot of people prolly never heard the original Voodoo Chile.
way to over analyze
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTLACED View Post
I say nigga and i'm white
The Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 07:56 AM   #8
Jeru
Non Ignorant

Quote:
Originally Posted by BONERFARM JERKERWRISTS View Post
way to over analyze
Thank you, I do my best lol

Old 03-01-2009, 06:57 PM   #9
oDoUoSoKo
frieza saga

oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to oDoUoSoKo

Original....slightly, over Slight Return.
oDoUoSoKo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 09:44 PM   #10
Edgar Erebus
Munching eyes since 1989

Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Slight Return.

Although it wasn't a fair decision. I chose Return because I heard countless wack rockers playing in vein of the original Chile. Plus I've always liked wah wah guitar.
"The Devil is not the Prince of Matter; the Devil is the arrogance of the spirit, faith without smile, truth that is never seized by doubt. The Devil is grim because he knows where he is going, and, in moving, he always returns whence he came."
Edgar Erebus is offline   Reply With Quote