news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > General Chat

Old 02-17-2009, 11:35 AM   #1
oldie
Hull's #1 Hip-Hop Fan!

oldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venoms
Default Latop sound to TV???

I got the VGA plugged in and the laptop screen up on telly fine and usually youd use a headfone jack to RCA and just plug into the audio in on ur telly and its sorted.

well not this telly :S

i plug the headfone to RCA in the laptop and telly and no sound coming out the telly, and the telly is set to PC input.
im thinking its the telly cos this works on my Panasonic telly but no my Samsung telly....the model is LE32R74BD if that helps.

so is it the telly or do i have to adjust any kind of settings on the laptop or telly?

thanks in advance

Aka. Living Proof
www.myspace.com/hiphop4infinite
oldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 11:41 AM   #2
Sarah UK

Sarah UK shaolin monk

Okay I do this too. I have a Toshiba TV and had the same problem, I can't really explain it well but go on settings or configuration and make sure the sound is set to PC, 'cause although I was on the PC thingy the sound was set to AV1 for some reason. As you can tell I'm very technical, hope it helps anyway.
Sarah UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 01:43 PM   #3
Uncle Steezo
Gen Chat Bully

Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

you havent lived until u look at skampoes gay pic threads on a HDTV.

i had the same issue.
i have a surround system hooked to the whole thing i plug my comp in that and it works
Old 02-21-2009, 01:07 PM   #4
oldie
Hull's #1 Hip-Hop Fan!

oldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venoms

now i have the same problem on my panasonic tv. i didnt manage to solve the problem on my other tv and now i reckon this tv will end up the same way, a sudden block in sound! Grrr
i dont even remember messing with the settings either:S

Aka. Living Proof
Old 02-21-2009, 01:19 PM   #5
Sarah UK

Sarah UK shaolin monk

Okay, you need to figure out if it's the TVs or the laptop. Plug in headphones to the laptop and if they work the problem is likely the TV settings, if not the problem is likely the laptop settings.
Also, try plugging in an MP3 player to the television with the lead to see if the cable is the actual problem. It's hard to figure out what to do if ya dunno what's causing the problem. I was going nuts when mine went weird but on my tv the problem because under sound source it wasn't set to PC RGB but AV1 or whatever. Probably best bet is to check the manual.
Sarah UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 01:21 PM   #6
Uncle Steezo
Gen Chat Bully

Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

sometimes when you plug something into the headset hole of your comp, the volume setting change automatically.

i know this sounds silly but is your comp on mute when its all plugged up?
Old 02-21-2009, 01:34 PM   #7
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I'm impressed you managed to use "telly" 11 times in about 4 sentences.

Longbongcilvaringz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 07:36 AM   #8
oldie
Hull's #1 Hip-Hop Fan!

right peeps, thnx 4 all the feedback/help. appreciated.

but i tried the headphones in the laptop and they work fine.
it cant be the phono lead cos its brand new about a month ago and was working till the other week and the phono lead works on my telly in my bedroom.
an no it isnt on mute when plugged in lol

ive tried fucking about with the tv's sound settings but to no success as the seetings are basic and have no input options etc so the only thing i can think of is that its the laptop?!

i h8 p.c's and they h8 me

Aka. Living Proof