news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > General Chat

Old 03-01-2009, 01:53 AM   #1
EAGLE EYE
0110111101110000011001010111001001100001011101000110100101101111011011100010000001100111011101010110100101101100011011000110111101110100011010010110111001100101

EAGLE EYE has disabled reputation
Default Movies that Stephen King ruined with the endings

Im gonna have to say:
  • Tommyknockers
  • IT
  • Dreamcatcher
  • The Langoliers
There are probably more I could add on to the list, but its always pissed me off that he makes great plot lines then ruins it with a stupid sci-fi monster ending. For example I watched "IT" tonight for the first time in years and forgot how it ends.....

yea...

a giant spider

eloehls!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Bandana View Post
you dont want me coming around dressed in black homie
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA View Post
Honestly dude, this is why I want to go to hell. Hell is crackin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crump Diddy View Post
Did I scare you?
EAGLE EYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 02:50 AM   #2
Huggasaurus Sex
2000 B.C.

Huggasaurus Sex fist of furyHuggasaurus Sex fist of furyHuggasaurus Sex fist of furyHuggasaurus Sex fist of furyHuggasaurus Sex fist of furyHuggasaurus Sex fist of furyHuggasaurus Sex fist of furyHuggasaurus Sex fist of furyHuggasaurus Sex fist of furyHuggasaurus Sex fist of furyHuggasaurus Sex fist of fury

i think m night shamalamadingdong should rewrite all of stephen king's crappy endings for him, and instead of the evil things turning out to be fantasy monsters it would turn out to be a figment of their imagination or have some other kind of unexpected ironic real world explanation.

get stephen and mr. shamamalalmamalalalmmmmananana on the phone. we have a blockbuster to make.

more akbar
Huggasaurus Sex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 03:23 AM   #3
EAGLE EYE
0110111101110000011001010111001001100001011101000110100101101111011011100010000001100111011101010110100101101100011011000110111101110100011010010110111001100101

EAGLE EYE has disabled reputation

Those shitty computer animated meatballs that ate up the airport in Langoliers was one of the dumbest things I've ever seen.

Tremors was a cooler movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Bandana View Post
you dont want me coming around dressed in black homie
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA View Post
Honestly dude, this is why I want to go to hell. Hell is crackin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crump Diddy View Post
Did I scare you?
EAGLE EYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 03:31 AM   #4
beautifulrock
BIG DOUGH KEBAB

beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Wow, you are in my head. But you forgot about

The Stand - The hand of god kills the evil people. Literally. I didn't just make that up.
Maximum Overdrive - stuff just stops killing people, and a ludicrous explanation is given. Something about a comet.
Graveyard Shift - It was a giant rat. The end.

But he does have some hits too.

Shawshank Redemption
The Green Mile
Carrie
Stand By Me

Can't say those don't have kick ass endings.

While you were busy dissing Wu like a bitch ass/ I was getting served after sex breakfast/ Yeah, that BBW groupie shit/ can get you served a droopy dick/ fuck what you're speaking/ 'cause I throw W's with Puerto Ricans
beautifulrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 03:35 AM   #5
beautifulrock
BIG DOUGH KEBAB

beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

The absolute worst is when he tries to cram religion in his story lines. The first 500 pages of the Stand are incredible, then it becomes a religious war. Why?

While you were busy dissing Wu like a bitch ass/ I was getting served after sex breakfast/ Yeah, that BBW groupie shit/ can get you served a droopy dick/ fuck what you're speaking/ 'cause I throw W's with Puerto Ricans
Old 03-01-2009, 03:40 AM   #6
Uncle Steezo
Gen Chat Bully

Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

i forgot about the IT spider. damn.. i had set up a mental block from scene shittiness.
i remember overdrive. and that was supposed to be "king done right"
dream catcher wasnt so bad to me. since aliens were established early in the story.

misery had a good ending
how did cujo end? ruined pumas? i forget

cosign fermi handshaka

either Mnight or george lucas to make the monster look better than a poweranger episode/
Uncle Steezo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 04:46 AM   #7
claaa7
Killer Bob

claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

King's books are in 90% of the cases alot better and good until the end.. "Dream Catcher" works really well when reading the original book but the movie was really wack from the last half of it.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!
claaa7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 04:52 AM   #8
beautifulrock
BIG DOUGH KEBAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post
King's books are in 90% of the cases alot better and good until the end.. "Dream Catcher" works really well when reading the original book but the movie was really wack from the last half of it.
The Stand and It endings are just as disappointing if not more so considering those novels are like 2000 pages long.

Old 03-01-2009, 05:10 AM   #9
claaa7
Killer Bob

claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

^^ i didn't say that this is the case for every book he wrote but to bash King for the movies is a little harsh imo..

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!
Old 03-01-2009, 06:12 AM   #10
beautifulrock
BIG DOUGH KEBAB

I don't think so. King movies usually follow the stories pretty closely, there are only a few loose adaptations. The simple fact of the matter is, he is pretty hit and miss with his endings.

Old 03-01-2009, 06:41 AM   #11
claaa7
Killer Bob

^^ I am reading "The Dark Towers" series by him right now, it's 7 books long and most of them are between 400-800 pages and i'm on the 5h.. he better not fuck up that ending lol.

Old 03-01-2009, 07:02 AM   #12
Afficial_Nastee
Non Ignorants

Afficial_Nastee prodigal sonAfficial_Nastee prodigal sonAfficial_Nastee prodigal sonAfficial_Nastee prodigal sonAfficial_Nastee prodigal sonAfficial_Nastee prodigal son

WORD UP on this thread, I felt exact the same way when I was watching IT and The Dreamcatcher....

The Shining (both '80 and '97 version) was an awesome movie though , the '80 version bein' the best....

I've watched Misery a month ago after I've read the book and it was a good movie but it just can't match up with the book's ultimate grimeness during the whole story....

Cujo is just straight up boring , I mean a St. Bernard dog covered up with blood and mud ain't scary at all plus that little boy irritates me in that movie with his peeping voice....

Green Mile, Shawshank Redemption and The SHining are the best King movies I've seen so far even though The Shining (the '80 version) goes it's own way instead of following the book, the characters aren't even quite the same as they're described in the book....
Afficial_Nastee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 08:30 AM   #13
TheBoarzHeadBoy
כהן גדול

TheBoarzHeadBoy drunken mastaTheBoarzHeadBoy drunken masta

Those aren't even his good stuff. The only books he pedestals as being great are the gunslinger books, which are at least as good as the lord of the rings in terms of epic sagas. What it lacks in depth (lord of the rings went too far) he makes up for in complex plots that are trippy as hell and cobble together totally random fantasy into a rich story.

Stephen Kings a good book writer, obviously his movies aren't that great. Its very hard to portray his horror style in film IMO.
Old 03-01-2009, 08:38 AM   #14
Killa BB
Online Now

Killa BB Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Killa BB Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Killa BB Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Killa BB Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Killa BB Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Killa BB Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Killa BB Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Killa BB Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Killa BB Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Killa BB Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Killa BB Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I've aleways prefered his books over the movies. I agree that there's just no way that his books can be correctly translated into film, The actors almost never do the characters justice and although the movies can be entertaining, they are never scary. If I want to be entertained, I'll watch a Stephen King movie. If I wanna be scared outta my own damn house... I'll read a Stephen King Book.
Old 03-01-2009, 10:11 AM   #15
YungSunny
Buddha Blessed

YungSunny drunken mastaYungSunny drunken masta

Stephen King made Carrie?
That movie's straight up classic.