news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Know The Ledge

Old 09-09-2005, 10:40 PM   #1
Koolish
Don't Mess With It

Koolish drunken mastaKoolish drunken masta
Default Go

There is none.

My major issue is this, that I'll see a lot:

Just because something is explained scientifically, does not make it true or right. Just because something is scientifically inexplicable or impossible, does not mean it does not exist.

With things our modern society has discovered, and helps us to understand things better we figure we're learning the truth. However, isn't it very possible we are further from the truth than anything else?

Opinions, I'm not starting arguments, just stating opinions. Which to the closed minds mean "ARGUE AGAINST ME, I'M STUPID".
________
B-series

Last edited by Koolish; 03-24-2011 at 12:36 PM.
Koolish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 04:55 AM   #2
Visionz
The People's Champ

Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to Visionz
Default Re: The defintion of truth.

I think science is the pursuit of expanding knowledge about the world around us. But I guess that would lead to the question, is knowledge and truth the same thing? Or maybe there is the seperation between physical and spiritual truth. Whereas, religion, spirtuality...ect is science's counterpart. I would say that we're highly evolved in one (science) and way too fuckin behind in the other (religion). If you believe what I say holds weight what do you think leads things to be the way they are?
Visionz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 05:12 AM   #3
Soul Controller
Yammich maeker

Soul Controller Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Soul Controller Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Soul Controller Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Soul Controller Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Soul Controller Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Soul Controller Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Soul Controller Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Soul Controller Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Soul Controller Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Soul Controller Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Soul Controller Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

science was made for those who do not believe in god. science is their for the robots who think 'this life is all their is and then u die' science ownz prooves what the companys who fund the scientists, what to be prooven, theirs plenty of alternative/open minded science
what blows 'materislitc/conventational science' away

the truth is?what ever you fathom out of experiance. their are many truths

peace

LulZ KillZ Phear....

http://thepiratenetwork.org

"THE ALL is MIND; The Universe is Mental." — The Kybalion.

Soul Controller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 05:35 AM   #4
Visionz
The People's Champ

Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to Visionz

I look at like man was given science so that he could better understand himself. God gave him that gift but I wouldn't say it was without it's uses, unfortunatly corperate greed does have its fingers in every pie.
Visionz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 11:15 AM   #5
Prince Rai
Writing verses in S9

Prince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koolish
There is none.

My major issue is this, that I'll see a lot:

Just because something is explained scientifically, does not make it true or right. Just because something is scientifically inexplicable or impossible, does not mean it does not exist.

With things our modern society has discovered, and helps us to understand things better we figure we're learning the truth. However, isn't it very possible we are further from the truth than anything else?

Opinions, I'm not starting arguments, just stating opinions. Which to the closed minds mean "ARGUE AGAINST ME, I'M STUPID".
i agree..

truths change very often in society..

it was once truth that the earth was flat and them it was truth that it is round... you see we are told things which were meant to be truth but we must do knowledge our own way to figure things out..

as for science.. science is one way of explaining things however science relies on rationality.. though rationality has flaws..

in science we use our human senses to make decisions.. when we see two chemicals mix and see a green color.. we say it is green because our eyes saw it..

BUT our senses have flaws... our eyes can be deceived..our ears can hear the wrong sound which was poluted by other sounds.. our taste buds may be fooled by previous foods in our mouths ie.. when u brush ur teeth and eat an apple staright away..it tastes disgusting..

therefore science can have flaws and thus science cannot determine false and truth 100%

and as soul controller said..

truth is what we have through our own experiences and analysis

peace n blessingz

Inject the Lyrical Venom of Section 9
Prince Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 11:26 AM   #6
Ronin
WC LEGEND

Ronin shaolin monk
Send a message via AIM to Ronin

this has been done before, its all sunbjective, if u state fact, thats the truth in my eyes
Old 09-10-2005, 11:46 AM   #7
Prince Rai
Writing verses in S9

Prince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin
this has been done before, its all sunbjective, if u state fact, thats the truth in my eyes
who states the facts and how did we get it?

Inject the Lyrical Venom of Section 9
Prince Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 11:59 AM   #8
brahma
Banned

brahma grasshopper

http://www.asitis.com/2/2.html

http://www.asitis.com/7/1.html

http://www.asitis.com/7/7.html

^thereīs no other holy writings where itīs talk on THE ABSOLUTE TRUTH
brahma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 12:19 PM   #9
_BaLaNcE_
SLIMEY SAVAGE

_BaLaNcE_ Imbecile
Send a message via MSN to _BaLaNcE_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princerai
i agree..

truths change very often in society..

it was once truth that the earth was flat and them it was truth that it is round... you see we are told things which were meant to be truth but we must do knowledge our own way to figure things out..

as for science.. science is one way of explaining things however science relies on rationality.. though rationality has flaws..

in science we use our human senses to make decisions.. when we see two chemicals mix and see a green color.. we say it is green because our eyes saw it..

BUT our senses have flaws... our eyes can be deceived..our ears can hear the wrong sound which was poluted by other sounds.. our taste buds may be fooled by previous foods in our mouths ie.. when u brush ur teeth and eat an apple staright away..it tastes disgusting..

therefore science can have flaws and thus science cannot determine false and truth 100%

and as soul controller said..

truth is what we have through our own experiences and analysis

peace n blessingz
i agree..there is no pure truth...imo don't get crazy and dig to deep in all the reading..its good to read...and find subjects interesting agree on things and all but at the end of the day..you gotta make moves and be happy

PEACE
Old 09-10-2005, 12:52 PM   #10
LHX
healthy merking

LHX drunken mastaLHX drunken masta
Send a message via MSN to LHX

the definition of truth is when you become wise enough to not have any opinions

at the same time

you realize that nobody gives a shit about your opinion

(the above is not my opinion)

my opinion is that wu-tang is great
Old 09-10-2005, 01:33 PM   #11
tostones

tostones crouching tiger
Send a message via MSN to tostones

Peace

It is ironic that science never claims absolute truth, and rather looks for fidelity and constancy.. while virtually each and every RELIGION claims to have the TRUTH in their respective spiritual fundamentals.

peace
tostones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 04:43 PM   #12
Ronin
WC LEGEND

Ronin shaolin monk
Send a message via AIM to Ronin

with no evidence

if u want to appear mystical and metaphoirically a genious then u can say NOTHING IS TRUE! WHO DECIDES SUCH THINGS? HOW CAN IT BE TRUE WHEN WE DONT KNOW IF WE EXIST? WE COULD BE ALIENS IN PYRIMIDS!

well its true, if u cut me i bleed, if u chop my head off, i die

thats truth, absoloute truth

its easy to misinterprite opinions with truth though
Old 09-10-2005, 05:06 PM   #13
brahma
Banned

brahma grasshopper

well.. god is the absolute truth. thatīs what he state in the vedic sankrit (oldest holy scripts) and in a koran and a bible too. he sayin.. thereīs non higher than me. i am the first person. yaīll are my children..

itīs realyl only one question. do you belive in god or in science?
brahma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 06:52 PM   #14
LHX
healthy merking

LHX drunken mastaLHX drunken masta
Send a message via MSN to LHX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin
with no evidence

if u want to appear mystical and metaphoirically a genious then u can say NOTHING IS TRUE! WHO DECIDES SUCH THINGS? HOW CAN IT BE TRUE WHEN WE DONT KNOW IF WE EXIST? WE COULD BE ALIENS IN PYRIMIDS!

well its true, if u cut me i bleed, if u chop my head off, i die

thats truth, absoloute truth

its easy to misinterprite opinions with truth though

if you want to push the envelope a bit further:
what is death?

that is the question nobody can answer

the way things work around here - thats prolly where you find the truth too

you all do realize that there is something somewhere laughing about all this shit

PEACE

and wouldnt you shit your pants if you cut somebody and they didnt bleed?
Old 09-10-2005, 06:58 PM   #15
belfalo

belfalo grasshopper
Send a message via ICQ to belfalo

its not so hard to answer imo. when you die your brain stops its activity. when it happens you dont sense/feel your environment anymore ---> theres literally nothing after death.
belfalo is offline   Reply With Quote