news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

View Poll Results: Which MC did you prefer on Cannibal Ox's 'The Cold Vein'?
Vast Aire 17 51.52%
Vordul Mega 16 48.48%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-06-2009, 07:54 AM   #16
DR. NICK RIVIERA
Hello, everybody!

DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Vast Aire by a cats dick.

I love them both on this album and I think this is one of the best hiphop albums ever, everything is perfect or close to perfect.

But of course, this topic will get unnoticed for the fact that many WuCorpians think 2Pac is top10 rapper or say Mobb Deep are not monotone. There is so much sweet hiphop material in the underground, with true poetic lyrics and dope beats and they get shitted on, just cuz they are widely unknown. Hip hop lives, and this album is the proof, been listening to it for the last 6 years, and can't stop.

Just to contribute - I can't imagine any legendary / 'legendary' emcee on the mainstream doing a track like Painkiller [Outkast posses that skill maybe]...and I think everyone who ever listened to this album isn't simpleminded like some other faggots here, so I thank you.
Old 03-06-2009, 08:04 AM   #17
Durag
RaizaBlade

Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Vast Aire

Vordul Mega was definitly dope, but was very technical and complex. His flow was deep, and his lyrics wernt simple, you had to listen to it repeadidly to get his meaning, kinda like some wu-tang shit. But at the same time, i think he lacked some personality and charisma, and didnt really make me want to sit up and listen as much.

Vast Aire on the other hand had everything. Lyrics that were dope, but not over complex and didnt go over peoples head, a nice simple flow, and some great quotables. His lyrics were simpler but far more powerful, and his imagry was amazing. He made you want to sit up and listen.

And "Iron Galaxy" is one of the best hip-hop tracks ever, and easily the best on this album.

AOTY
Durag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 09:03 AM   #18
DR. NICK RIVIERA
Hello, everybody!

DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

^^^easily, really? Ionno, I still think Painkiller is the highlight on this fantastic album. It depends, and I usually like hard beats more, and Painkiller has one of the softer beats on the album.
Old 03-06-2009, 01:18 PM   #19
White_Mouse
student of the culture

White_Mouse Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)White_Mouse Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)White_Mouse Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)White_Mouse Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)White_Mouse Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)White_Mouse Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)White_Mouse Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)White_Mouse Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)White_Mouse Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)White_Mouse Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)White_Mouse Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to White_Mouse Send a message via Yahoo to White_Mouse

B-Boy alpha is my favorite personally, that piano sample is just killer
White_Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 05:53 PM   #20
RynMur
LVsMostBlunted

RynMur iron monkeyRynMur iron monkeyRynMur iron monkey

Mega, but they fit so well, I'd rather hear them together than solo.
Old 03-06-2009, 06:21 PM   #21
narc
narc was a crack baby

narc shaolin masta killanarc shaolin masta killanarc shaolin masta killanarc shaolin masta killanarc shaolin masta killanarc shaolin masta killanarc shaolin masta killanarc shaolin masta killa

id say Pigeon and Iron galaxy were the best in the album.
Old 03-06-2009, 08:38 PM   #22
noel411
The ABBOTT

noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

My fave was Raspberry Fields. That shit is hard.
Old 03-06-2009, 08:40 PM   #23
noel411
The ABBOTT

noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

+ it's fucken sick how Vast Aire fucks up his verse, frees a few bars, then starts the verse again. Adds to the raw vibe of the track and album as a whole.
Old 03-07-2009, 03:45 AM   #24
RAW-TASTE
PRODIGAL SUN

RAW-TASTE crouching tiger

bumpin this right now....this shit is so raw. i remember i was addicted to it back when i first heard it, not your usual dose of hiphop, although i dont like most shit by el-p/def jux, the production of this album is topnotch.
RAW-TASTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 11:30 AM   #25
Rollo
An act of God

Rollo drunken mastaRollo drunken mastaRollo drunken masta

Quote:
Originally Posted by wera View Post
But of course, this topic will get unnoticed for the fact that many WuCorpians think 2Pac is top10 rapper or say Mobb Deep are not monotone. There is so much sweet hiphop material in the underground, with true poetic lyrics and dope beats and they get shitted on, just cuz they are widely unknown. Hip hop lives, and this album is the proof, been listening to it for the last 6 years, and can't stop.

Just to contribute - I can't imagine any legendary / 'legendary' emcee on the mainstream doing a track like Painkiller [Outkast posses that skill maybe]...and I think everyone who ever listened to this album isn't simpleminded like some other faggots here, so I thank you.

To argue that 2pac isn't a top 10 is one thing, saying underground is better is quite another.
Being a great rapper means making great music, most of the underground is uber lyrical and still crappy musically.

Mac Lethal, Grayskul, Yak Ballz, Little brother, Mf Doom ect.... have great lyrics, but as rappers, they make shit music.

Sure there are some who are good, I look to people like Royce or Ras Kass or Akrobatik or supastition for example, they make good music. But then you have some people who are only underground because they can't make songs, doesn't matter that you're incredibly real or lyrical if you can't make songs.

Anyway as far as this topic goes, probably Vast Aire.
Old 12-23-2011, 10:16 PM   #26
Young Gun
The Third Eye

Young Gun prodigal sonYoung Gun prodigal sonYoung Gun prodigal sonYoung Gun prodigal sonYoung Gun prodigal sonYoung Gun prodigal son

Not only is this a classic Hip Hop album, it's one of the most classic albums of all time; unlike anything I've heard in any genre of music.

It's incredibly difficult to single out Vast or Vordul, as they both have their own very unique qualities, but I'm gonna go with Vordul Mega. Vast has witty quotable lines, but with Vordul I could feel the pain in his lyrics, also painting very vivid pictures with his imagery.

Young Gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 10:33 PM   #27
ShaDynasty
Bad Birds That Fuck Nerds

ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to ShaDynasty

vast made more of an impact solo, hes obviously more driven than mega. i think they're evenly matched though. its a shame el-p said that a reunion won't happen. i really hope hes wrong, i think another ox album is the comeback i'd like to see the most.

vast even named his last lp ox, so he must wanna bring it back.
ShaDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 10:55 PM   #28
Dr Sleepwalker
Sleepyheaded Nonsense

Dr Sleepwalker iron monkeyDr Sleepwalker iron monkeyDr Sleepwalker iron monkeyDr Sleepwalker iron monkey

Vast Aire
Old 12-23-2011, 11:03 PM   #29
Charles Barry
Cranberry Grenades

Charles Barry five deadly venomsCharles Barry five deadly venomsCharles Barry five deadly venomsCharles Barry five deadly venomsCharles Barry five deadly venomsCharles Barry five deadly venomsCharles Barry five deadly venomsCharles Barry five deadly venomsCharles Barry five deadly venomsCharles Barry five deadly venoms

Props for bringing back up this classic album. I was bumping it a couple of days ago. Vordul was on Vast Aire's last album, so it gave me a little hope that maybe one day they'll drop another joint together. I don't know why Vordul hasn't done anything since Megagraphitti on the solo tip.

Charles Barry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 11:15 PM   #30
Young Gun
The Third Eye

Young Gun prodigal sonYoung Gun prodigal sonYoung Gun prodigal sonYoung Gun prodigal sonYoung Gun prodigal sonYoung Gun prodigal son

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Barry View Post
Props for bringing back up this classic album. I was bumping it a couple of days ago. Vordul was on Vast Aire's last album, so it gave me a little hope that maybe one day they'll drop another joint together. I don't know why Vordul hasn't done anything since Megagraphitti on the solo tip.
Last I heard, someone on Twitter or something, had mentioned Vordul was out in the streets asking for money. It's a damn shame, because I really dig Vordul's solo work.

I read an interview with Vordul, Megagraphitti was created in span of 8 years, started even before Cold Vein dropped.

Young Gun is offline   Reply With Quote