news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber

Old 03-14-2009, 06:21 AM   #16
Wu-BeggaZ
The Soul Controller

Wu-BeggaZ drunken mastaWu-BeggaZ drunken mastaWu-BeggaZ drunken masta
Send a message via MSN to Wu-BeggaZ

Pure Classic
Old 03-14-2009, 06:37 AM   #17
Gitche Manito
Le Maître de la Vie

Gitche Manito crouching tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShaolinAssassin View Post
idk what the 'original' is.
some bee-gees shit?
Nah, some other shit you don't like. You know, some RZA shit.

It's from Ghostdog, the soundtrack.
Comme les ombres de la nuit.
Gitche Manito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 06:42 AM   #18
noel411
The ABBOTT

noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

The part at the end where he gets on some homo shit like "everybody remember this shit...woop woop, woop woop" is one of the most embarrassing moments in the history of hip hop, as is the album as a whole, artwork included.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Bulletproof Wallets has the most homosexual vibe of any hip hop album I've ever heard. And I never use homosexuality in a derogative manner to describe something. But from the album cover to Never Be The Same Again to Love Session, to the "woop woop" shit and all the similar moments to it on the album...it just reeks of homosexuality to me.

Now watch all these fucken geniuses use their brilliant, creative minds to call me a "fag" and whatever for using the word "homosexual" a few times.

I'm in a really fucken negative mood right now. Usually I would have refrained from posting that negativity, even though I'm being 100% honest...I just saw the thread title and used it as a release for this unwanted negative energy I'm carrying right now.
Old 03-14-2009, 11:50 AM   #19
Huggasaurus Sex
2000 B.C.

Huggasaurus Sex fist of furyHuggasaurus Sex fist of furyHuggasaurus Sex fist of furyHuggasaurus Sex fist of furyHuggasaurus Sex fist of furyHuggasaurus Sex fist of furyHuggasaurus Sex fist of furyHuggasaurus Sex fist of furyHuggasaurus Sex fist of furyHuggasaurus Sex fist of furyHuggasaurus Sex fist of fury

i heard you write poetry

more akbar
Huggasaurus Sex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 11:57 AM   #20
Suga Duga
1%

Suga Duga Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Suga Duga Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Suga Duga Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Suga Duga Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Suga Duga Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Suga Duga Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Suga Duga Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Suga Duga Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Suga Duga Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Suga Duga Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Suga Duga Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by noel411 View Post
The part at the end where he gets on some homo shit like "everybody remember this shit...woop woop, woop woop" is one of the most embarrassing moments in the history of hip hop, as is the album as a whole, artwork included.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Bulletproof Wallets has the most homosexual vibe of any hip hop album I've ever heard. And I never use homosexuality in a derogative manner to describe something. But from the album cover to Never Be The Same Again to Love Session, to the "woop woop" shit and all the similar moments to it on the album...it just reeks of homosexuality to me.

Now watch all these fucken geniuses use their brilliant, creative minds to call me a "fag" and whatever for using the word "homosexual" a few times.

I'm in a really fucken negative mood right now. Usually I would have refrained from posting that negativity, even though I'm being 100% honest...I just saw the thread title and used it as a release for this unwanted negative energy I'm carrying right now.

Old 03-14-2009, 12:26 PM   #21
Pattch82
The Drunken Flunky

Pattch82 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Pattch82 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Pattch82 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Pattch82 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Pattch82 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Pattch82 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Pattch82 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Pattch82 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Pattch82 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Pattch82 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Pattch82 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShaolinAssassin View Post
idk what the 'original' is.
some bee-gees shit?
WTF?!?

It's a Tekitha track off the Ghost Dog album... Ghost Just basically rapped over the top of it for his version.

Peace!
Pattch82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 02:24 PM   #22
J-DON
Veteran Member

J-DON iron monkeyJ-DON iron monkeyJ-DON iron monkeyJ-DON iron monkeyJ-DON iron monkey

I just never liked this track at all. Its so boring. Tekitha sounds bad on it and the beat doesnt go anywhere.

I'd much rather listen to the Orginal Sample

Bobby Womack - Across 110th Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOg_8hCC4u4

Other Hiphop tracks have used the sample better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qC6mEqCHJkk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggXbsPfRJag

I just have an overall dislike for Tekitha. She can carry a tune decently (However sometimes she sounds flat IMO) but she doesn't have the pipes to back it up.

Last edited by J-DON; 03-14-2009 at 02:40 PM.
J-DON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 11:30 PM   #23
MAYOR QUIMBY
Veteran Member

MAYOR QUIMBY Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MAYOR QUIMBY Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MAYOR QUIMBY Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MAYOR QUIMBY Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MAYOR QUIMBY Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MAYOR QUIMBY Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MAYOR QUIMBY Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MAYOR QUIMBY Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MAYOR QUIMBY Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MAYOR QUIMBY Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MAYOR QUIMBY Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

^ "Other Hiphop songs have used the sample better" and then you gave two examples.

Um, NO.
MAYOR QUIMBY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 01:32 AM   #24
Paranoid
-

Paranoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of fury

great track
Paranoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 07:10 AM   #25
THE W
ISRAELITE

THE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venoms

skippable,

he should've ripped the original track itself instead of using Rza version with tekitha on it.
The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)
THE W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 07:34 AM   #26
Edgar Erebus
Munching eyes since 1989

Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I'm just not feeling the song. I think it doesn't do justice to the original sample (which is top 10 blaxploitation song IMO, and this beat took away all its murkiness), I didn't like Ghost ad-libs during the chorus and lyrically it was just okay, Ghost proved countless times he can do much more.

And as much as I hate to say it, noel was a bit right... That whole album does send out gay vibes.
"The Devil is not the Prince of Matter; the Devil is the arrogance of the spirit, faith without smile, truth that is never seized by doubt. The Devil is grim because he knows where he is going, and, in moving, he always returns whence he came."
Edgar Erebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 08:15 AM   #27
venex
aka PROFIT

venex drunken mastavenex drunken masta
Send a message via MSN to venex

Quote:
Originally Posted by noel411 View Post

this is a song where he talks about girls and party and stuff like that... and you think about homosexuality when you hear this ??

come on man... ain't nuthin' homo to that "woop woop" one of the greatest things of this whole song!

this song is crazy!!
En garde, I'll let you try my wu-tang style...
venex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 11:08 AM   #28
food for thought
Duppy Conquerer

Location: SHAKA ZULU BOBO SHANTI NYABINGHI MAN A MAU MAU WARRIOR
food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

ahah the version on Ghost Dog

it aint got ghost rapping like hes high on crystal meth

its a tekhita solo

food for thought is offline   Reply With Quote