news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > The Sports Zone

Old 02-21-2008, 04:46 PM   #1501
DR. NICK RIVIERA
Hello, everybody!

DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

damn......I'm behind time, need to wake up
DR. NICK RIVIERA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 07:01 PM   #1502
check two
N.I.

check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

The Cavs made a blockbuster trade. lol

The Cavs got Ben Wallace and Joe Smith from the Bulls, and Wally Szczerbiak and Delonte West from the Sonics. The Cavs traded away Larry Hughes, Drew Gooden, Shannon Brown and Cedric Simmons to the Bulls, and Donyell Marshall to the Sonics. The Sonics also picked up expiring contracts of the Cavs Ira Newble and the Bulls Adrian Griffin.
check two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 07:10 PM   #1503
HANZO
Hanovallah

HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

some picks flew about to. its not a blockbuster trade in my mind. jus a lot of role players being switched around.
Old 02-21-2008, 07:16 PM   #1504
check two
N.I.

check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

So the Spurs picked up Kurt Thomas from the Sonics for Brent Barry, Francisco Elson and a 2009 first-round draft pick.
Old 02-22-2008, 12:48 AM   #1505
check two
N.I.

What is Clifford Robinson up to this season? I didn't think he was retired, but he kept getting in trouble for pot.
Old 02-22-2008, 09:55 AM   #1506
InvincibleArmor79
Veteran Member

InvincibleArmor79 grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAN View Post
he went and even played for the mavs yesterday agains the hornets. kidd got owned by chris paul in his first game.

he did get outplayed by c.p. in his first game with dallas, but i think he adds a vet style that will help the mavs get far in the playoffs.. still, they need a big man to hold down the paint.. dampier aint gettin it done.. we'll see once april rolls around..
Old 02-22-2008, 01:04 PM   #1507
444trumpets
CHECKMATE

444trumpets shaolin monk

Mavs Need Inside Game
Old 02-22-2008, 01:26 PM   #1508
Olive Oil Goombah
Anglophile

Olive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killa

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAN View Post
some picks flew about to. its not a blockbuster trade in my mind. jus a lot of role players being switched around.
I agree, which is why I don't thikn it will take long for these players to adapt to their new systems, especially Ben, Wally, SMith and West.

The Bulls man, I guess they really wanted to dump Wallace. maybe Larry will play better with them, I think he will, but you never know.

Gooden will be what he has always been. Inconsistent, weak on the inside, but a nice shot, and can rebound decently.

The Sonics.....well at least they wont have to put up with Ira Newble and Donyell for more than a half a season.
Olive Oil Goombah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 03:32 PM   #1509
Dirty Knowledge
I Already Won

Dirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venoms

I think the Cavs basically were handed Ben Wallace. The other guys don't mean shit. Wally Sczerbiak..enough said. Although he probably will outpreform, offensively, everyone in the trade to the Cavs. Joe SMith? This guy's good for 3 points, 2 rebounds a game..Delonte West I like. I think he's still young and can develop in to if nothing at least a Roleplayer on this team come playoffs time.

The best description I've heard of this trade so far: "11 Man Salary Dump"

It's still all on LeBron's shoulders basically, to carry the offensive load of this team down the stretch of games. Against Detroit in the playoffs, do you think Ben Wallace is going to have any big buckets down the stretch? Maybe a big block. Wally may hit a big 3. But you all know that in order for the Cavs to do ANYTHING better than what they accomplished last year LeBron must again put the team on his shoulders. Though, this year the load may a bit lighter.

In my opinion, the key to this trade is this: How much better will Ben Wallace make Big Z? Meaning, does Ben's inside presence and rebounding give Z the chance to scoot out on the perimeter more? Where I think he's best. His shot is definitly nice and when he gets hot.. forget about it. Especially if LeBron's on. Cavs would be pretty much unstoppable.

^ KYLE WILLIAMS POOPS THE BED ^
Dirty Knowledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 04:32 PM   #1510
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

CharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of fury

LOL@Dirty Knowledge dissing Joe Smith and Wally Sczerbiak. Joe Smith will score more than 3 points and rebound more than 2 rebounds. He was doing pretty good with Chicago this year and i was surprised because of his age. He's in his mid 30's now and he's been with a lot of teams. I don't really like this Cavs trade. Larry Hughes, Drew Gooden, Donyell Marshall are inconsistent but i think the Cavs could've gotten better players for them. Ben Wallace's shotblocking hasn't been good with the Bulls this year. I'm gonna see what he does with the Cavs. The offensive load is really gonna be on Lebron now because the guys he got to help him in the trade aren't gonna do that much on offense. There's this white guy who's a sportswriter and i was watching him a few hours ago on ESPN's 1 and 10 show today. LOL@what he said about Delonte West. He said Delonte couldn't even get off the bench for Seattle this year LOL. That's pretty bad when you consider Seattle sucks.
CharlesJones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 05:20 PM   #1511
Dirty Knowledge
I Already Won

Dirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venoms

I said Wally will give you something offensively, and Joe Smith like you said he's an old never-was type of player who's still ticking and making paychecks..at least West is a young player and adds depth to the guard spot. I'm interested to see if he can do anything off the bench for Cleaveland. Joe Smith is playing behind two guys once Verajo gets healthy. I don't care if Joe Smith avg'd 11 and 8 on a garbage, under 500 Bulls team. And Ben is gonna be rejuvinated with the Cavs, and if you don't like this trade, then shit nothing will make you happy because this is the best it's gonna get for Cavs fans.

And also, the Cavs signed some more players today

F Kaniel Dickens and G Billy Thomas from the NBA's Developmental League.

^ KYLE WILLIAMS POOPS THE BED ^

Last edited by Dirty Knowledge; 02-22-2008 at 05:24 PM.
Dirty Knowledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 06:15 PM   #1512
check two
N.I.

I agree with Skip. Delonte West was a backup for one of the worst teams in the league. lol But if he gets some more playing time, maybe he can surprise some people. I think Joe Smith is currently the best player that the Cavs picked up in the trade. I don't know if Wallace is going to get motivated with the Cavs. Even if he does get motived, he's past his prime. Wally can hit some threes. The Cavs gave up their second best scorer in Hughes. When he gets the ball pased to him more, he can score. Yeah, Lebron has to carry some games offensively. But people seem to overlook that there are/were some solid defensive players on the Cavs. It's not a one man show.
Old 02-22-2008, 06:19 PM   #1513
Olive Oil Goombah
Anglophile

Olive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killa

This is funny....for so long, all people did was diss the Cavs supporting cast, now they trade them, and all of a sudden people are saying how good Drew Gooden and Larry Hughes were....

They did the right thing.....this not only makes them deeper and better up front, it frees up major cap space in a year.

Skip Bayless is a hater..The dude hates on LeBron...you can't get any worse than that.
Old 02-22-2008, 06:27 PM   #1514
check two
N.I.

Props to the Rockets by the way, for their 10 wins in a row. The Blazers have been stumbling lately.
Old 02-22-2008, 08:25 PM   #1515
Olive Oil Goombah
Anglophile

I think the Blazers have been playing a bit over their heads. They won't be totally legit until they get Oden and another athletic scorer.