news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > The Sports Zone

Old 08-02-2005, 02:51 PM   #181
ballistic
Mihdisiatic Mythocracy

ballistic crouching tiger
Send a message via AIM to ballistic
Default Re: Basketball Thread

i understand his reasoning...i mean, who wouldn't want to be the focal point of a team and their de facto leader. he'll probably have the most experience on the team, so the ball's going to be in his hands a lot. i think he'll have a nice season...

elsewhere, rumor has it that miami is trying to trade eddie jones to the grizzlies for jason williams and james posey. that would be one hell of a move...but i would make sense, since keyon dooling is already gone, damon jones is talking to cleveland, and posey would replace eddie jones. however, e. jones has is part of what makes up the great chemistry the heat had this past season. should they mess with that? i dont know, but jason williams/shaq would be an interesting combination.

ballistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 04:30 PM   #182
ch-chef
Veteran Member

ch-chef shaolin monk

bottom line is...joe johnson would rather chase the cream rather then chase the title....who the fuck goes to atlanta if they wanna win??

...eddie jones is what, like 32-33? hes old and has more off and average games then games where he takes over. most of the playoff loses that came was them needin him to step it up, or anyone for that matter besides shaq and wade, jones couldnt do it. posey still seems to have more upside comin and williams can always spark the team, i dont know if i'd start him in miami, he might be better for them with energy off the bench, but if d jones leaves they might need him as the starter.
ch-chef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 06:16 PM   #183
ballistic
Mihdisiatic Mythocracy

yeah, but i dont think anyone has been looking for eddie jones to take over a game in awhile...he's the type of guy that'll get you a quiet 15-20 points a game consistently. i dont know how old james posey is, but jason williams is a proven starter. he's a playmaker, if nothing else.
yeah, joe johnson is out for the cream and "the gusto"( as ghost would put it) right now. and who knows, atlanta might turn it around pretty soon...they used to be a perennial playoff team.

Old 08-02-2005, 11:42 PM   #184
ballistic
Mihdisiatic Mythocracy

o my God....5 teams, 13 players! damn...what a prodigious trade.

the heat got antoine walker, jason williams, and james posey. can you even begin to imagine how entertaining that lineup will be with shaq? the eccentric yet talented williams, the unprecedented and always unpredictable antoine walker...wow.
lmao at jazz ending up with ostertag in the midst of all these landmark transactions...again.

Who's Going Where

Heat:
Roberto Duenas*
Andre Emmett
James Posey
Antoine Walker
Jason Williams
Celtics:
Curtis Borchardt
Albert Miralles*
Qyntel Woods
Two draft picks
Grizzlies:
Eddie Jones
Raul Lopez
Hornets:
Rasual Butler
Kirk Snyder
Jazz:
Greg Ostertag

Old 08-03-2005, 08:11 AM   #185
bob99digi

bob99digi grasshopper

Going to be one hell of an interesting season. Can't believe that trade went down like that. Thats a hell of a deal Riley put together.
bob99digi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 11:28 AM   #186
RynMur
LVsMostBlunted

RynMur iron monkeyRynMur iron monkeyRynMur iron monkey

Is it just me or did the Heat get the best deal.
Old 08-03-2005, 03:43 PM   #187
ballistic
Mihdisiatic Mythocracy

yeah..they gave up butler and jones and got walker, williams and posey. i think they might've given up some draft picks too...but still, thats a good look for the heat. grizz didnt get a bad deal either...i mean, lopez is nice, not to mention jones. but i'm not sure they gained much...lopez and posey to jones and williams are like parallels eachother...essentially the same players.
boston got a good deal...woods is still a young player, and has a lot of time to develop. bortchardt or whatever is too...a good big man to have. i thought they were going to keep walker after they traded back for him after trading him away...kind of a weird situation...doesnt happen many times where a player gets traded away twice in his career by the same team. they kind of ran around in circles in that case, but speaking strictly of this transaction, the celts did well.
not sure whats up with the jazz...lopez was a good young PG to have...and just to end up with ostertag again? an aging center who was never all that talented in the first place?? maybe i'm missing something.
i'm not sure what the hornets situation is...but i suppose butler and snyder are good players to have ona rebuilding team.

Old 08-03-2005, 03:44 PM   #188
ballistic
Mihdisiatic Mythocracy

also, bonzi wells went to sacramento for bobby jackson and someone else...and the nets picked up abdul-rahim from the blazers. nets might have something next year...

Old 08-03-2005, 08:50 PM   #189
Hayabusa
Veteran Member

Hayabusa grasshopper
Send a message via ICQ to Hayabusa

Nets will probably be a top 5 team next year with Pistons,Heat, and Paces.

Hayabusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 12:10 AM   #190
ballistic
Mihdisiatic Mythocracy

..i cant get over this heat lineup: jason williams, dwyane wade, antoine walker, udonis haslem, shaquille o'neal. damn! that's going to be electrifying...
check out expert analysis on this trade from lang whitaker of SLAM:

Boom! After a month of nothing happening, the NBA exploded into a fury of player movement yesterday. But we'll get to that in a minute.
...Of course, the big news is the biggest trade in NBA history: 5 teams, 13 players, a handful of draft picks and one severed achilles tendon. Let's go through it player by player...

Antoine Walker (from Boston to Miami)
Mr. 3000 has a new home! After playing the entire season with what appeared to be a severed achilles tendon, completely unable to jump or bend his right leg, Antoine has a new home in Miami, where he might actually be a good fit. All they'll want him to do is stand on the perimeter and shoot three pointers, which is basically a dream come true for Toine. Also, he can gamble/get beat all he wants on defense because he'll have the Diesel behind him, guarding the lane. I guess the real question is whether Toine can coexist with Dwyane Wade and not be afraid to let Wade handle the ball more than him.

Jason Williams (from Memphis to Miami)
Whit Eboy in Miami? Good gosh. While his wifebeaters and shiny shorts will fit in well on South Beach, his game is a different story. If I was the Heat, considering that I've got the most dominant post man in the League and the most dynamic offensive guard, I want my point guard to do two things:
1) Dribble the ball up and pass it to either Shaq or Wade.
2) Play tight defense.
Thus far, Jason Williams has shown an inclination to neither pass the ball or defend. Hubie Brown tried to run a conventional offense in Memphis, and Williams did OK in it, but when Fratello put in his halfcourt plan, things fizzled.

James Posey (from Memphis to Miami)
I've always been a big Posey supporter. Three years ago, in Denver, he was the best player on the Nuggets, doing a bit of everything. Since then, with Houston and Memphis, he's been asked to be a complementary player, and he seems to have lost some of that fire through the years. Still, he immediately becomes an upgrade from Rasual Butler.

Andre Emmett (from Memphis to Miami)
Throw in!

Eddie Jones (from Miami to Memphis)
Let me get this straight: Memphis traded their best backcourt player and a valuable swingman, and in return they got a 34-year-old two guard? With Bobby Jackson on board, I suppose they'll start BJ, EJ, Mike Miller, Pau and Lorenzen Wright? And this makes them a better team?

Roberto Duenas (from the Hornets to Miami)
I love Duenas. Years ago I wrote that when you look at him, he just screams "Pituitary!" He's got some biological issues which keeps him from running any faster than Hubie Brown, but he's about eight feet tall and he has really hairy shoulders. Just fun all around. Yes, he just got cut by my main man Joan Laporta over at FC Barcelona, but he jumped over to Girona and I don't think we'll be seeing him here.

Greg Ostertag (from Memphis to Utah)
It's only right that Greg Ostertag be playing Utah, where he and Jerry Sloan will spend the season loving and hating each other. Ostertag is also the only NBA player that makes me laugh every night, what with his constant stumbling around and fouling and just general goofiness.

Curtis Borchardt (from Utah to Boston)
Bill Walton 3000.

Qyntel Woods (from Miami to Boston)
Everywhere he's gone, people have raved about Qyn's athletic ability, but he's never been given a chance to play. Now he has a chance to team with Ricky Davis and become the craziest perimeter combo in the NBA.

Albert Miralles (from Miami to Boston)
Buddy gets no burn in Europe, so don't expect him to be blazing a trail to Boston anytime soon. I guess we can assume he had the proper "brain type" to join the Celts.

Two second-round draft picks and cash (from Miami to Boston)
Yeah.

Rasual Butler (from Miami to New Orleans)
The Hornets desperately need bodies, and Butler should get a lot of time with New Orleans. I like that the Hornets are rebuilding slowly, and Butler will get plenty of time to hone his raw talent. But New Orleans remains the worst team in the Western Conference.

Kirk Snyder (from Utah to New Orleans)
Ditto.

Raul Lopez (from Utah to Memphis)
Just to make the numbers add up, Utah had to include Raul's contract in this deal. Raul has supposedly already agreed to return to Spain with Girona, which is turning into the Dream Team with him, Duenas and Orlando's defected Fran Vazquez. I just had no idea that Lopez was so against Scientology.

Which team made out the best? Well, the Hornets got two good players and gave up nothing. The Heat are transformed into a more veteran team, and, despite adding Antoine Walker, they'll be more athletic than last year. But they also gained more issues than ever before, and I wonder how much of this deal was Pat Riley just being bored and wanting to do something. How often do you see a top team blow everything up year after year without Mark Cuban being involved? Memphis offloaded salary and bodies. Everyone else just ended up moving laterally.

Old 08-04-2005, 01:27 AM   #191
RynMur
LVsMostBlunted

..........and the suns.
Old 08-05-2005, 08:05 PM   #192
ballistic
Mihdisiatic Mythocracy

garnett to the pistons for b. & r. wallace? that trade is said to have been talked about between detroit and minnesota. can't say i like it....KG is Minnesota's franchise player and they don't need to be releasing him. and the wallaces are too much a part of the pistons for that chemistry to be broken up right now.

Old 08-05-2005, 11:13 PM   #193
RynMur
LVsMostBlunted

Yea I don't think that'll pass.
Old 08-06-2005, 12:31 AM   #194
ballistic
Mihdisiatic Mythocracy

yeah i dont either...just a lot of stuff circulating. damon stoudemire signed with memphis to replace jason williams...antonio daniels is with washington, who lost both larry hughes, to cleveland, and juan dixon, to the blazers, but also gained caron butler in a trade that also saw chucky atkins arrive as kwame brown departed. that should be interesting...kwame + kobe...we already saw what happened with jordan + kwame...i imagine much the same will happen in LA.

there is a hangup in the joe johnson/boris diaw trade, because one of the ATL owners wont sign the provisions contract for the trade...its basically a power move, as ATL has 9 different owners all jostling for position. they're going to court with that....

Old 08-06-2005, 02:28 AM   #195
RynMur
LVsMostBlunted

I don't see why any of the Hawk owners would even think about not signing that trade for Johnson, they would finally add a little depth to their team. I'm just hoping the Suns can maybe pick up Michael Finley during the off season.