news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > The Sports Zone

Old 07-25-2008, 05:42 PM   #2461
check two
N.I.

check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

The Hawks weren't going to win anything even with Dominique though. lol
check two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 10:11 PM   #2462
Rode Block
Make it brief Son

Rode Block crouching tiger

Team USA just ass raped Canada...Carmelo, Kobe, and Michael Redd will be carrying the team.
Old 07-25-2008, 10:43 PM   #2463
RynMur
LVsMostBlunted

RynMur iron monkeyRynMur iron monkeyRynMur iron monkey

Did the announcer say that Jason Kidd was the best player in the WORLD?
Old 07-26-2008, 01:23 AM   #2464
Dirty Knowledge
I Already Won

Dirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAN View Post
lol Childress bolted to Greece. im surprised other Euro teams didnt offer him a deal. there are richer clubs out there, and no salary cap in Europe. be interesting to see how he does. i think its a wrong move.
I believe Childress to Greece is just the start of the bigger scenario which eventaully sees Europe and the NBA becoming one league. Which I think will suck ass. Usually, the guys come over here to play and test their skills..not vice versa. We'll see what happens.

^ KYLE WILLIAMS POOPS THE BED ^
Dirty Knowledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 01:27 AM   #2465
Dirty Knowledge
I Already Won

Dirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rode Block View Post
Team USA just ass raped Canada...Carmelo, Kobe, and Michael Redd will be carrying the team.
Carmelo is a crybaby bitch and a quitter, I don't think he'll be carrying Team USA. Redd and Kobe I agree. Are those the only 3 you think that'll do anything in the Olympics? I missed the game tonight, but I'm interested in to who the Starting 5 of this team is gon be.

Old 07-26-2008, 01:49 AM   #2466
Rode Block
Make it brief Son

I don't think it's just gonna be those 3 that are gonna do it all...but how well they play will determine how far this team goes... because they are the only consist outside shooters Team USA has...and The Euro's love playing zone defense...so Lebron and Wade will have a tough time late in the Olympics... USA is gonna need those 3 to shoot well EVERY night...if they're gonna have a chance to win it all.

Don't get me wrong though...if Dwight Howard or Chris Bosh get in foul trouble or get injured early on, I don't think they're gonna have a chance in winning the Olympics.

Todays starters were- J-Kidd, D-Wade, Kobe, Carmelo and Dwight...but it should change once Lebron is back.
Old 07-26-2008, 01:56 AM   #2467
Treazon
A Threat to the State

Treazon crouching tiger
Send a message via AIM to Treazon Send a message via MSN to Treazon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rode Block View Post
I don't think it's just gonna be those 3 that are gonna do it all...but how well they play will determine how far this team goes... because they are the only consist outside shooters Team USA has...and The Euro's love playing zone defense...so Lebron and Wade will have a tough time late in the Olympics... USA is gonna need those 3 to shoot well EVERY night...if they're gonna have a chance to win it all.

Don't get me wrong though...if Dwight Howard or Chris Bosh get in foul trouble or get injured early on, I don't think they're gonna have a chance in winning the Olympics.

Todays starters were- J-Kidd, D-Wade, Kobe, Carmelo and Dwight...but it should change once Lebron is back.
do you know how many minutes my boy chris bosh got? i think that dude could have a big impact for them if they end up winning, he's never afraid to hustle and with less scoring pressure he'd prolly rebound ilke a beast.

but dwight is dominating.. i cant see them coming short of undefeated

Treazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 02:03 AM   #2468
Rode Block
Make it brief Son

He will....Bosh is underrated and is gonna help them out against a team like Spain...but against Canada we went real small...Dwight Howard got 19 minutes...Bosh got 16 and Boozer got 8...Chris Paul, Deron Williams, Kobe and Carmelo were the only ones who played 20+ minutes.
Old 07-26-2008, 02:17 AM   #2469
Dirty Knowledge
I Already Won

It really doesn't matter who the starting 5 is. You can start the 5 that don't start and we should be able to dominate the field. I honestly think that Team USA doesn't go hard because they're not in to it. I don't blame them. But if this team goes out there and puts in an NBA Playoff effort? There's no way we're not taking the Gold this time, again.

Old 07-26-2008, 07:58 PM   #2470
Rode Block
Make it brief Son

^That's the same kind of thinking USA had when they got the Bronze medal last Olympics...Winning with our best isn't gonna be easy.
Old 07-26-2008, 08:16 PM   #2471
Olive Oil Goombah
Anglophile

Olive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killa

^exactly.....while i think this might be the deepest team since the original dream team or
dream team 2, Wade, James, Howard and Kobe are the top dogs.

I think they should let LeBron run point cuz if they dont double he'll dunk everytime, if they
do, than he's got Wade/Kobe etc. wide open.

I dont see this team losing.

THey should have won last time....Was that the Larry Brown/Marbury experiment???
Marbury starting over James.....thats laughable even when Bron was a rookie.
Old 07-26-2008, 08:28 PM   #2472
Rode Block
Make it brief Son

Larry Brown was such a shitty choice for that team...He hates playing young players...even though they were the best players on the team. Everytime Lebron, Carmelo and Wade got in the game they DOMINATED...but Brown gave the bulk of the minutes to Stephon and AI.

And Lebron won't be able to attack as easily if the Euro's are playing zone...Especially with FIBA rules where hand checking is allowed...Outside shooting is the key to winning in International ball...That's why I'm saying Carmelo, Kobe, and Redd will be the most important pieces to make a run at the Gold.

Zones are always beat from the Inside-Out...Not Outside-In
Old 07-26-2008, 08:36 PM   #2473
Olive Oil Goombah
Anglophile

Olive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killa

Yea, but Bron is way to big fast and strong for dem euro's and south americans....He is going to be the best player on that team. And yes im biased cuz i get to watch all his
games and i kno the truth
Old 07-26-2008, 08:46 PM   #2474
Rode Block
Make it brief Son

lmao! I can tell you're biased (-_-)

but on the real...Speed won't matter when playing against a zone...It won't matter if he gets past his guy because there's gonna be someone camping in the paint...waiting for him to drive...and someone in the wings waiting to collapse...The Shooters will be the best players...because they will be the ones getting all the open shots.

However I'm not saying Wade/Lebron/Paul aren't gonna be key...because we're gonna need those slashers to create the open shots...but EVERYTHING will hinge on whether they can hit their shots or not.

Look at what Michael Redd did last game...He scored 20 points on 8 shots.
Old 07-29-2008, 09:58 PM   #2475
Rode Block
Make it brief Son

Quick update on the NBA...I don't feel like finding the links...but will post 'em later incase y'all don't believe me.

Artest got traded to the Rockets for Bobby Jackson and a future first rounder.

Balkman got traded to Nuggets

Clippers just signed Ricky Davis.

Pistons Signed Kwame Brown

Okafor Re-Signed with the Bobcats

Nuggets aren't making the playoffs next year...they have 0 defense...Najera and Camby were their best defensive players...and now they are gone...Balkman will help a lil' but not enough to make any difference.

Clippers should be fighting for a playoff spot next year...but it will be hard in the West. A line up of Baron Davis, Gordon, Ricky Davis, and Kaman should give them good offense and Camby is going to help their defense a lot. Clippers are starting to turn this horrible off season around quicker than I thought....I'm still not sold on them making the playoffs...but only because the West is so tough.

and I don't get why Rockets made that trade...maybe Battier is on the trading block now? Battier and Artest are very similar players...and I don't get why the Rockets would want 'em both.

Last edited by Rode Block; 07-29-2008 at 10:45 PM.
Rode Block is offline   Reply With Quote