news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > The Sports Zone

Old 08-13-2008, 04:17 PM   #2506
Olive Oil Goombah
Anglophile

Olive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killa

The Cavs acquire Mo Williams from the Bucks for Joe Smith and Damon Jones.

I think this is a good trade for the Cavs. They needed a PG who could score. Gibson
is purely a shooter. I wonder if they will resign Delonte West now as a backup.
They didnt give up much. Williams does have 5 years and 43 million left on his contract.
I think he will fit in well with Bron, but he better bring it on defense.
Old 08-14-2008, 02:39 AM   #2507
Rode Block
Make it brief Son

Rode Block crouching tiger

^He will...this was a great trade for the Cavs...Cavs have always been a good defensive team...and Lebron carried them on the offensive end...Now Lebron will have a consistent scorer next to him. Their offensive improves and defense stays the same...Win-Win for the Cavs.

OKC also got to "rent" some expiring players...I know Desmond Mason and Joe Smith are in contract years...and we all know how players step it up in contract years... And Bucks get to dump a long term contract...Good trade for all parties IMO.
Old 08-19-2008, 07:45 PM   #2508
spiggity_ace
Veteran Member

spiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venoms

call me an idiot if u want, but the cavs to be succesful should give away ilgauskas for a younger centre, hes a great player not saying he sucks, but he doesn't fit the cavs style, they should play more uptempo cuz they hav a predominantly young team, and now they got mo williams who is massively underrated coming in, and it'll just help them more, ben wallace fits their play tho, and when they got him i thought they would give away ilgauskas
spiggity_ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 07:51 PM   #2509
spiggity_ace
Veteran Member

spiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venoms

back to all the talk about people leaving for europe, aren't their dreams as kids to make the nba, and not some euro league full of a bunch of shooters and lesser talent, i agree they have some phenoms but most of the euro players taht come over from the leagues are either overrated or people are going to say, give them time, fuck time, if ur a shitty team y would u want to waste 3 years for 1 player to develop, i think it's sad, they want money to play at a lower level, rather than play at a high level with great money as well, this baffles me, theirs a few good euro players, im not bashing them, tony parker, big z, dirk, pau and some others, but overall i say the american talent is too overpowering for the euros and other contries, if they want to look at other countries look over to the african continent, they got freakish ahtletes that could step in and play, same with the chinese players who are underrated, maybe give canada a shot, this is probably where ill get hated on, their are some dope players from canada but its easier to get shine in freakin liechteinstien(sp?) than Canada, again baffles me, anyways back to the point, lebron and kobe would be dumbasses for going to europe, they make enough money as is from endorsements, and dont they make like 20 mill a year anyways, fuckin greed is getting to them IMO.
Old 08-19-2008, 09:59 PM   #2510
Olive Oil Goombah
Anglophile

Olive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasjit View Post
call me an idiot if u want, but the cavs to be succesful should give away ilgauskas for a younger centre, hes a great player not saying he sucks, but he doesn't fit the cavs style, they should play more uptempo cuz they hav a predominantly young team, and now they got mo williams who is massively underrated coming in, and it'll just help them more, ben wallace fits their play tho, and when they got him i thought they would give away ilgauskas
No you can't give away Z. First of all he can score and rebounds and he is the main reason
the Cavs always are near the top of the league in offensive reboundsing.
The Cavs problem, even tho they made the Finals, was that Larry Hughes wasn't the scorer
they hoped he would have been. They were really banking on him becoming an all star and
leBrons no. 2 guy...
It didnt happen, so they made the trade and after this year will have alot of money and cap space.
Old 08-19-2008, 10:20 PM   #2511
spiggity_ace
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyTooch View Post
No you can't give away Z. First of all he can score and rebounds and he is the main reason
the Cavs always are near the top of the league in offensive reboundsing.
The Cavs problem, even tho they made the Finals, was that Larry Hughes wasn't the scorer
they hoped he would have been. They were really banking on him becoming an all star and
leBrons no. 2 guy...
It didnt happen, so they made the trade and after this year will have alot of money and cap space.
ya i kno he can score n rebound, im not knocking him as a player but ben wallace can rebound too, and now that they got mo they got a great second option scorer, so i think Z is now expendible, Z could have done great in toronto but they picked up jermaine, maybe he could go to a veteran team that needs a strong inside presence, he coulda been better for the suns that shaq i think
Old 08-20-2008, 04:20 PM   #2512
CharlesJones
penalty boxed user

CharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venoms

I agree with Jasjit about NBA players signing with overseas teams. They're being greedy for money and the competition overseas is weak compared to the NBA. I saw yesterday Stephon Marbury is gonna be playing for Italy. I was surprised to see that. I'm sure he wants to leave the Knicks but i thought he would sign with another NBA team. I think the Cavs should've kept Joe Smith. The Cavs are never gonna win a championship. Danny Ferry doesn't know what the hell he's doing. Maurice Williams isn't gonna help get them far in the playoffs. Don't be surprised when Lebron leaves Cleveland when his contract is up because he's never gonna be surrounded with good players that will help him get a championship with the Cavs. Danny Ferry is too cheap and he's not signing good players that will help Lebron.
CharlesJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 04:22 PM   #2513
Olive Oil Goombah
Anglophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasjit View Post
ya i kno he can score n rebound, im not knocking him as a player but ben wallace can rebound too, and now that they got mo they got a great second option scorer, so i think Z is now expendible, Z could have done great in toronto but they picked up jermaine, maybe he could go to a veteran team that needs a strong inside presence, he coulda been better for the suns that shaq i think
Why do you think the Cavs dont need him???? If he leaves or gets hurt, that leaves a big
void in the middle. LeBron knows how important Z is.
He's not their best player but he is definitely a big part of the team.
I'll take Z over Ben Wallace all day everyday.
Old 08-20-2008, 05:15 PM   #2514
spiggity_ace
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyTooch View Post
Why do you think the Cavs dont need him???? If he leaves or gets hurt, that leaves a big
void in the middle. LeBron knows how important Z is.
He's not their best player but he is definitely a big part of the team.
I'll take Z over Ben Wallace all day everyday.
aite i c where ur coming from, you win lol
Old 08-20-2008, 05:19 PM   #2515
HANZO
Hanovallah

HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Z is a very versatile big man. his effectinve inside and outside the paint. plus he can rebound to.

thats a rare set of traits to find in a big man. his age is his only weakness.

olympic basketball team USA killing it, im surprised at how well Chris Bosh is doing. he suits the international game far more than Dwight. everyone as expected, Wade seems to be back to. so thats good news. Lebron is killing it though, the guy can play anywhere. even at centre.
Old 08-20-2008, 05:28 PM   #2516
Olive Oil Goombah
Anglophile

Yea, this is why i've been saying this whole time that LeBron is a better player than Kobe.
Old 08-20-2008, 05:40 PM   #2517
check two
N.I.

check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I have a feeling that Kwame Brown is going to be a dominating player this upcoming season.

check two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 05:45 PM   #2518
Olive Oil Goombah
Anglophile

What makes you think so?
Old 08-20-2008, 06:16 PM   #2519
CharlesJones
penalty boxed user

CharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venoms

Check Two is being sarcastic hahahahahahahahahahahahaha. LOL@Kwame Brown. He will always be a scrub. I bet Detroit will barely play him this year.
CharlesJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 06:12 PM   #2520
check two
N.I.

check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Why did the Celtics sign Darius Miles? lol

check two is offline   Reply With Quote