news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > The Sports Zone

Old 09-02-2008, 05:25 PM   #2551
Maccabee Ridah
penalty boxed user

Maccabee Ridah iron monkeyMaccabee Ridah iron monkeyMaccabee Ridah iron monkeyMaccabee Ridah iron monkeyMaccabee Ridah iron monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rode Block View Post
OKC logo leaked?

http://nbaokc.blogspot.com/2008/08/huge-logo-leak.html

I hope that ain't it...it looks a boring WNBA logo
^^ Wack as hell...... I hope that is unofficial!!!
Maccabee Ridah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 11:22 PM   #2552
Rode Block
Make it brief Son

Rode Block crouching tiger

That logo just became official today...OKC lost.
Old 09-04-2008, 05:47 PM   #2553
Maccabee Ridah
penalty boxed user

Maccabee Ridah iron monkeyMaccabee Ridah iron monkeyMaccabee Ridah iron monkeyMaccabee Ridah iron monkeyMaccabee Ridah iron monkey

^^ Yeah, I watched promotion!! Shyty name and wack logo! I expected much more!!!

P.E.A.C.E.
Old 09-04-2008, 08:03 PM   #2554
Rode Block
Make it brief Son

Rode Block crouching tiger

^Me too...The NBA approved the move two months ago...and in those two months all they did was make a WNBA version of the Warriors logo

Old 09-04-2008, 08:14 PM   #2555
Olive Oil Goombah
Anglophile

Olive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killa

Logos and uniforms in the NBA have been getting progressively worse since the mid-90's.
The MLB and the NFL both realize how important uniforms are to a teams PR, while there are some failures in both of those leagues, the NBA takes the cake.

I'll use the Cavaliers as an example..

Original Logo...a thing of beauty...they got it right the first time shoulda never changed it.

Old 09-05-2008, 03:13 PM   #2556
check two
N.I.

check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

I liked the Cavs orange logo and uniforms. That was funny when Skip Bayless said that Lebron is the worst outside shooter in the NBA. lol

I like the OKC name, Thunder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Knowledge View Post
lol check 2, always bringing the funny jokes. that one made me really chuckle.
check two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 10:55 AM   #2557
Maccabee Ridah
penalty boxed user

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyTooch View Post
Logos and uniforms in the NBA have been getting progressively worse since the mid-90's.
The MLB and the NFL both realize how important uniforms are to a teams PR, while there are some failures in both of those leagues, the NBA takes the cake.

I'll use the Cavaliers as an example..

Original Logo...a thing of beauty...they got it right the first time shoulda never changed it.

co-fuckin singed all!!
Old 09-11-2008, 02:41 PM   #2558
check two
N.I.

check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

Pat Garrity retired. He appeared in the second most games of all time for an Orlando player.

Quote:
Old 09-11-2008, 03:45 PM   #2559
Olive Oil Goombah
Anglophile

Olive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killa

I must be getting old cuz i remember watching Garrity in college at Notre Dame.
Old 09-11-2008, 04:01 PM   #2560
check two
N.I.

I remember that also. lol

Quote:
Old 09-11-2008, 07:40 PM   #2561
check two
N.I.

Don't call me Magic, call me Monkey King - China's Sun

BEIJING (AFP) - Los Angeles-bound guard Sun Yue has said he does not want to be known as "China's Magic Johnson" as he seeks a spot on the Laker's roster, but is happy to be known as the "Monkey King."

Sun is expected to depart for the Laker's training camp as soon as the US Embassy here issues his visa, and he is confident that he can make a roster that is led by superstars Kobe Bryant and Pau Gasol.

"I don't want to be called the next Magic Johnson," Sun told the China Daily of the nickname given him to by the Chinese sporting press.

"He was a great player, and he has everything you could ask for in a coach but I don't think I am going to pattern my game after him in my rookie year," he said of the legendary player and Lakers part-owner.

The 23-year-old Sun was signed by Los Angeles to a multi-year contract after he helped China to an eighth place finish at the Beijing Olympics, averaging 6.8 points and 2.5 assists a game.

The six-foot-eight inch (2.06 metre) guard was originally selected by the Lakers in the second round of the 2007 NBA draft, but was not given a contract or an invitation to training camp last year.

Already Chinese fans in Los Angeles are calling him "Sun Wukong," after the mythical "Monkey King," the legendary simian hero of the Chinese Buddhist literary classic "Journey to the West."

"If they want to name me after the fighting Buddhist master then I guess that will make me a bit more literary," Sun told journalists.

"For the fans to already have these kinds of plans (to name me Monkey King) is really great support for me."

sports.yahoo.com

Quote:
Old 09-11-2008, 07:49 PM   #2562
check two
N.I.

-The Oklahoma City Thunder re-signed center Robert Swift on Thursday.

-Meanwhile, The Cavs recently picked up Lorenzen Wright for his explosive offensive power.

Quote:
Old 09-12-2008, 07:22 PM   #2563
Maccabee Ridah
penalty boxed user

Quote:
Originally Posted by check two View Post
Don't call me Magic, call me Monkey King - China's Sun

BEIJING (AFP) - Los Angeles-bound guard Sun Yue has said he does not want to be known as "China's Magic Johnson" as he seeks a spot on the Laker's roster, but is happy to be known as the "Monkey King."

Sun is expected to depart for the Laker's training camp as soon as the US Embassy here issues his visa, and he is confident that he can make a roster that is led by superstars Kobe Bryant and Pau Gasol.

"I don't want to be called the next Magic Johnson," Sun told the China Daily of the nickname given him to by the Chinese sporting press.

"He was a great player, and he has everything you could ask for in a coach but I don't think I am going to pattern my game after him in my rookie year," he said of the legendary player and Lakers part-owner.

The 23-year-old Sun was signed by Los Angeles to a multi-year contract after he helped China to an eighth place finish at the Beijing Olympics, averaging 6.8 points and 2.5 assists a game.

The six-foot-eight inch (2.06 metre) guard was originally selected by the Lakers in the second round of the 2007 NBA draft, but was not given a contract or an invitation to training camp last year.

Already Chinese fans in Los Angeles are calling him "Sun Wukong," after the mythical "Monkey King," the legendary simian hero of the Chinese Buddhist literary classic "Journey to the West."

"If they want to name me after the fighting Buddhist master then I guess that will make me a bit more literary," Sun told journalists.

"For the fans to already have these kinds of plans (to name me Monkey King) is really great support for me."

sports.yahoo.com

If his game is goin to be 100th part of Magic's, I'm gonna be more than happy...!!! Hope he will actually do somethin for LAL!
Old 09-12-2008, 07:26 PM   #2564
Olive Oil Goombah
Anglophile

I dunno about the monkey king. I think comparing him to magic just sets him up to dissapoint and fail.
Old 09-12-2008, 08:19 PM   #2565
Maccabee Ridah
penalty boxed user

^^ co-signed!!! That's what I thought too!!! But we will see!!! Maybe he will have mad rookie season, who knows!!!

P.E.A.C.E.