news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > The Sports Zone

Old 10-04-2008, 01:34 PM   #2596
CharlesJones
penalty boxed user

CharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venoms

I agree with that Nicky. What they should also do is learn to do something else for a job career if their basketball career doesn't work out. That's why they should go to college to learn something instead of going there only to play basketball. I think a lot of them are lazy and they don't wanna learn other job careers. They think basketball is their meal ticket outta the hood and that's pathetic. These basketball owners and general managers know most black basketball players come from terrible neighborhoods and bad high schools and they know they aren't smart. That's why so many of them get taken advantage of financially and get in trouble with the law. They're always going to the club and getting themselves involved with women who only want their money. It's a sad situation. That's why i admire guys like Julius(Dr J)Erving, Magic Johnson, Michael Jordan, Isiah Thomas, Charles Barkley and other black basketball players who are doing other things after their careers were over. Some of these guys i mentioned got jobs with a NBA team and they're trying to learn the business or they became entreprenuers like Magic.
CharlesJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 03:06 AM   #2597
RynMur
LVsMostBlunted

RynMur iron monkeyRynMur iron monkeyRynMur iron monkey

Is anyone setting up the fantasy basketball league yet?
Old 10-10-2008, 04:44 PM   #2598
CharlesJones
penalty boxed user

CharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venoms

I saw highlights of Portland and Sacramento game earlier this week. Greg Oden was awesome from what i saw. He was dominating, dunking on people several times and he blocked a shot. Portland is gonna be a contender this year if he stays healthy. I heard the fans gave him a standing ovation after the game. Washington Wizards have some bad luck so far. Brendan Haywood(LOL)is gonna be out for 6 months because of a wrist injury. Antawn Jamison is hurt and Gilbert Arenas is gonna be out until November or December. Did ya'll see that dunk that that rookie dude with the last name Walker for the Celtics did on Thaddeus Young of the Sixers a few days ago? It was a serious facial.
CharlesJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 06:04 PM   #2599
HANZO
Hanovallah

HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Im going to the Heat - Nets game in London on Sundays.

i dnt expect an exciting game cause i watched the game in Paris yesterday and it was shit. im jus going to hold up a big banner with Miami's record from last year, and a big picture of Dwight Howard laughing at it.
Old 10-10-2008, 06:58 PM   #2600
check two
N.I.

check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

lol, the Nets have never had an exciting game in their history. And the Heat are like the Washington Generals right now.

check two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 04:31 PM   #2601
HANZO
Hanovallah

HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

yeah the Nets won, Carter and Yi were good.

awesome to see Wade play. so athletic, the mans fuckin quick. the crowd were awful as always. everyone wants to see dunks and shit. reason why england will never be good at basketball.

anyway Miami looked like shit 27 turnovers i think. no inside play, jus wade and marcus banks putting up the numbers.

the Nets aint anything special either.

but its still early days, i doubt this nets team can be a playoff team. while the Heat are jus unpredictable.
Old 10-13-2008, 02:29 PM   #2602
Dirty Knowledge
Banned

Dirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venoms

LOL @ Check 2 saying the Nets have never had an exciting game. I guess you missed the entire 2nd round of the '06 playoffs when the Heat and Nets had a pretty damn good series. One game went what, Triple Overtime? With 3 buzzerbeating shots to get in to each O.T. period.

ANYWAY.

The Heat are going to be horrible on the inside this year until Zo returns. IF he even returns. If that knee doesn't let him..so be it..but if he can, Zo will be back at some point.

I just want to see Chris Quinn run the point this year, and I'll be skraight. Maybe Zo comes back in the 2nd half. Then we'd run shit inside again with the ill shotblock defense.

Have been real focused on the Giants lately, so I haven't been up on my Heat game, but it's only preseason so fuck it. I'm waiting for that opening night tip, Heat/Knicks!
Dirty Knowledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 11:11 AM   #2603
abasi
Veteran Member

abasi grasshopper

the Nets are not gojnna be any good
who do they have

Carter that doesnt play defense
and Yi who is still learning the game?
abasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 07:03 PM   #2604
baby jesus
Veteran Member

baby jesus crouching tigerbaby jesus crouching tiger

Uhh Watchin The Knicks Run This Shitty Run And Gun D'antoni Offense Makes Me Want To Fuckin Puke. Gallanari Is Already Looking Like He'll Be Bust 19 With Back Problems. Is There No End To This Bullshit.

I Look At The Nets And I Love What There Doing With The Young Talent There Building. The Knicks Are Still So Early In There Rebuilding Process If You Can Call It That Signing Duhon What The Fuck Was That?
Old 10-14-2008, 07:07 PM   #2605
Olive Oil Goombah
Anglophile

Olive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killa

the Knicks are trying to be this flashy team and its so fake, forced an manufactured...New York is a blue collar gritty ass place, and its team shoudl reflect that. No matter how flashy it is in Times Square and other places in Manhattan, the 'real' New York is in Brooklyn, Queens, Bronx and all the non trendy areas of manhattan.

The Knicks need to go back to rugged defense....the Oakley, Ewing Starks era...that was NY basketball....
There tryin to play some West Coast bullshit in the east, but that shit dont fly in the East. Its just a much more rugged conference. They actually play defense.
Old 10-14-2008, 07:20 PM   #2606
baby jesus
Veteran Member

Basically I Couldnt Agree More, Knicks Basketball Is Tough Rugged Defense First It's The Way You Win.

This Team Is So Soft I Hated The Signing Of D'Antoni It's Going To Be Disasterous. Just Run Up The Court And Take The First Wild Shot It's Crazy It Not The Way You Win Basketball Games Maybe Regular Season But Not In The Playoffs But I'm Not Worried About The Playoffs Anyway Because Thats Not Happening.

The Whole East Is Looks Like Its Getting Stronger A Lot Of Solid Young Teams And The You Have The Knicks.
Old 10-14-2008, 08:00 PM   #2607
Olive Oil Goombah
Anglophile

Olive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killa

True the reason taht worked so well for D'Antoni was because he had Steve Nash runnin the show and he also had great players like Joe Johnson, Marion, etc. getting set up by Nash.

In NY he has francis and fuckin marbury...i dont care who your coach is, you ant doin shit with that Knicks roster.
I think the people who run the Knicks think that the NBA needs the Knicks like the MLB needs the Yankees....its not, and its apples and oranged.

the garden aint Yankee stadium, the Knicks ain the yankees and the NBA has a SALARY cap.

They have a hard time accepting the fact that New York aint THEE place to be....alotta egos need to be checked.
Old 10-14-2008, 08:13 PM   #2608
check two
N.I.

check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Francis hasn't been on the Knicks lately though.

check two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 09:25 PM   #2609
baby jesus
Veteran Member

Dont Get It Twisted MSG Is The Worlds Most Famous Arena And Is A Marquee Venue. But Yeah After The Success Of The Yankees In The 90's A Lot Of New York Teams Got The Yankee Syndrome The Knicks And Rangers Happened To Be 2 Of Those Teams.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:35 PM   #2610
Rode Block
Make it brief Son

Rode Block crouching tiger

Darius Miles got cut today! I knew this was gonna happen...He isn't good enough to play for the defending champions.

Anyone see this dunk?

I can't wait for the season to start.