news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > The Sports Zone

Old 02-14-2009, 05:45 PM   #3346
RynMur
LVsMostBlunted

RynMur iron monkeyRynMur iron monkeyRynMur iron monkey

Shooting Stars: Phoenix - Barbose, Majerle, Hammon
Skills Challenge: Devin Harris
3 Pt Contest: Danny Granger
Dunk Contest: JR Smith
HORSE - Joe Johnson

The dunk contest lineup looks boring as hell.
Old 02-14-2009, 10:39 PM   #3347
hectis
Vic

hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

yeah and am sick of them acting like the superman dunk was the dunk of dunks, shit was not even a dunk

Banner appears courtesy of the craft of Bobby_Digital72
hectis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 02:05 PM   #3348
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

CharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of fury

Dunk contest is boring and that's why i went to bed after watching a few dunks. I was glad the NBA had taken the dunk contest outta the all star festivities for a minute. They should keep it outta the festivities from now on in my opinion because nobody is doing creative dunks anymore. I miss the old dunk contests with Dominique Wilkins, Michael Jordan, Dr J, Shawn Kemp, Spud Webb, Dee Brown, Vince Carter, Jason Richardson, Kenny Walker.
CharlesJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 02:14 PM   #3349
HANZO
Hanovallah

HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

the dunks were pretty shit, it was all about the gimmicks. when Dwight brought out that higher rim i thought he was gonna pull off something real special. but it was jus a simple dunk.

Dwights off the side of the backboard was probably the best of the night, since he did it first go. the judging was shit though. Nate's dunk where he jumped on Wilson Chandler was probably one of the worst dunks of all time. nothing special about it at all. The one where he jumped over Dwight was impressive but he pushed up against Dwight which kinda killed it.

The Judging was crap aswell, the second Fernandez dunk was pretty good, even though he took forever to get it done. but they still rated the simple Jr Smith and Robinson dunks higher.
Old 02-15-2009, 02:34 PM   #3350
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

CharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of fury

Yeah the dunk contest is a joke now and i don't even wanna watch it anymore. Dwight putting on a Superman costume last year was funny but it's boring now. My dad told me that DeQuan Cook for Miami won the three point shootout. I didn't know he was a good three point shooter.
Old 02-15-2009, 02:35 PM   #3351
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

Kevin Durant scoring 46 in the rookies vs. sophomores game was surprising. I didn't think he could shoot that good. He won the horse competition too.
Old 02-15-2009, 03:06 PM   #3352
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

You are all mad the Dunk contest last year was one of the best ever.

Dwight Howard last year was off the charts

And green doing the blow the candle out LOL

You say its all a "gimmick" i dont think so you cant just keep having the same old shit every year.

I havent seen this years though.
Old 02-15-2009, 03:10 PM   #3353
Olive Oil Goombah
Anglophile

Olive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killa

the whole thing sucked if you asked me.

The skills challenge is a joke, get rid of it. Anybody could do that shit.

The 3 point challenge isn't even what it used to be, or maybe its because there were like 4 guys there that aren't even 3 point shooter.

I mean, Mike Bibby?? Rashard Lewis??

What happened to Bird, Price, Majerle...oh well. Its still the best one.

The slam dunk contest is terrible. Maybe next year LeBron can shake things up, but the whole superman thing is last year. None of the dunks were good. The only one that was like decent was Nate Robinsons jump over Howard.

Too gimmicky and so corny.
Old 02-15-2009, 03:12 PM   #3354
RynMur
LVsMostBlunted

RynMur iron monkeyRynMur iron monkeyRynMur iron monkey

^the best was when vince carter won

this year's competitions....yawn. NO DUNKS WERE 50s. The 3pt contest was pathetic. No one tried that hard in the skills challenge. HORSE was the most entertaining event.
Old 02-15-2009, 03:30 PM   #3355
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Dwight shouldnt of entered this year if he didnt have anything to top last year.
Old 02-15-2009, 03:59 PM   #3356
sdeblasi
The Special Technique

sdeblasi prodigal sonsdeblasi prodigal sonsdeblasi prodigal sonsdeblasi prodigal sonsdeblasi prodigal sonsdeblasi prodigal sonsdeblasi prodigal son

Fernandez dunk was so sick last night where Pau threw it off the back of the backboard and he want around and dunked it that shit was the only thing close to a 50. JR Smiths first dunk was really underrated he let the ball bounce twice then windmilled it that shit is so hard to time...

Nate had a sick dunk when he bounced it then did the reverse pump
^ those 3 were by far the best dunks of the night imo

and Dwight howards dunk off the side was definitly not the best of the night, Gerald Green threw it off the side last year and DID A WINDMILL...Dwight just caught it and dunked still sweet tho but didnt compare to Green's last yr
Old 02-15-2009, 04:03 PM   #3357
spiggity_ace
Veteran Member

spiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venoms

shit was pretty boring if u ask me, that dwight howard dunk off the side was pretty dope tho, did u see the extension, rudy fernandez had a dope dunk, the one off the back, he got shitty scores oviously for not getting it done on the first try or wutever. Next year i hope the big names come out for the stuff, ray allen needs to be in the 3 pt shoot out, they should intro a new type of game, maybe like a 3 on 3 or a 2 on 2 or maybe even a 1 on 1 tournement up to like 5 or 7 pts, that would be cool to watch i think, I hope lebron definitely goes into the dunk contest and jason richardson, i loved that dunnk contest where jrich went off the back board and through the legs, that was my fav dunk contest,next to VC's dominance.
spiggity_ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 04:34 PM   #3358
THE W
ISRAELITE

THE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venoms

the only thing still interesting about NBA all star weekend is the 3 point contest. everything else is played the fuck out.
The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)
THE W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 04:38 PM   #3359
Olive Oil Goombah
Anglophile

Olive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killa

yea, its like this big fuckin show and everyone is kissing eachothers rich asses. Its like watching the E channel or something
Old 02-15-2009, 05:46 PM   #3360
HANZO
Hanovallah

HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

its all abit corny really. the skills of the players aint really being tested.

Tony Parker summed up the skills challenge, man had no intention of doing it properly at all. it seemed like he was forced to be there.

The Horse game was ok, but it jus ended up being Durant taking three's and making them, while Mayo couldnt hit a shot. so got abit predictable.

the all-star game will jus be a battle between the guards. the big men dont really do anything, guys like Duncan and KG will probably request to sit most of the game.