news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > The Sports Zone

Old 04-07-2009, 08:47 AM   #3586
Olive Oil Goombah
Anglophile

Olive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killa

yea, they are done. Great run tho.
Old 04-07-2009, 05:24 PM   #3587
hectis
Vic

hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueDciple View Post
Ginobili's is out for the season. I honestly think San An glory days are behind them. Age is a motherfucker!
they have to try to sign some young players in the off season.

Banner appears courtesy of the craft of Bobby_Digital72
hectis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 09:54 PM   #3588
Rode Block
Make it brief Son

Rode Block crouching tiger

I say Spurs go after Marion in the offseason...He can play three positions(2,3,4), he plays solid Defense(on the wing) and will improve them on offense with his versatility.

If they can just upgrade at the 3 then I think they can be contenders for about 2 more years.
Old 04-08-2009, 08:40 AM   #3589
TrueDciple
Veteran Member

TrueDciple crouching tiger

Shawn Marion is a good player but i honestly dont think he can make a diference. They need a few young bloods with potencial that could run.

In another note, i didnt know that D-Gooden had it like that. Dude its playing some serious very well basketball with San An. Peace
TrueDciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 01:12 PM   #3590
Dirty Knowledge
I Already Won

Dirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venoms

I don't think it's a stretch to say the Spurs could still contend this year.
Old 04-08-2009, 01:58 PM   #3591
Olive Oil Goombah
Anglophile

Olive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killa

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueDciple View Post
Shawn Marion is a good player but i honestly dont think he can make a diference. They need a few young bloods with potencial that could run.

In another note, i didnt know that D-Gooden had it like that. Dude its playing some serious very well basketball with San An. Peace
Trust me, Drew Gooden is the biggest tease in the NBA. He has stretches where it looks like he can be an All-Star, but then he will dissapear.

YOu can see this on a smaller scale during a single game. Usually he lights it up in the first half, but is nowhere to be found in the 4th quarter.

He is a solid option at PF tho if you got a good center already. He can hit the open jumper, is a decent finisher. Can rebound.
But he is not physical and doesnt get many points in the paint. Defensively, in the post he also has problems.
Old 04-08-2009, 02:00 PM   #3592
Olive Oil Goombah
Anglophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Knowledge View Post
I don't think it's a stretch to say the Spurs could still contend this year.
Not without Manu....they need his scoring and all the other things he brings to the table.

The Nuggets could do some damage tho...especially with Chauncey running the show, i think they are a dangerous team come playoffs. Lakers better not take them lightly
Old 04-08-2009, 02:21 PM   #3593
Dirty Knowledge
I Already Won

Dirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venoms

Tim Duncan and Tony Parker deserve a little more credit than that. I don't honestly see any team other than a healthy Boston that is juggernaut worthy. So basically I see the chip up for grabs if someone can slay Boston. In that sense, I don't think it's a stretch to say Denver could contend either.
Old 04-08-2009, 02:26 PM   #3594
Olive Oil Goombah
Anglophile

Im not taking anything away from Duncan or Parker, but that team is a triumvirate. They need him to win a championship.

I think Boston is alot weaker this year than they were last. Of course they have the Big Three, but their bench is busted this year.
They could still win it, but it will be alot harder because the top teams in the East got better and so did the Lakers.
Old 04-08-2009, 02:33 PM   #3595
Orion Nebulus
Scientifical Ninja

Orion Nebulus drunken mastaOrion Nebulus drunken masta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Knowledge View Post
Tim Duncan and Tony Parker deserve a little more credit than that. I don't honestly see any team other than a healthy Boston that is juggernaut worthy. So basically I see the chip up for grabs if someone can slay Boston. In that sense, I don't think it's a stretch to say Denver could contend either.
The question is can Denver ever win a playoff series?? That team blows in the post season. As for the Spurs....their run is over. Boston ain't as good as last year. I think it's going to be Lakers vs. Cavs in the finals.

"One arm bandit..stab companions with intricate sentences...battle crews single- handed..with cannons that blow you from here to other planets."
Orion Nebulus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 02:35 PM   #3596
Dirty Knowledge
I Already Won

If anything Ronaldo has gotten better I think, with every game he gets more experience. He's the x-factor/big 4th to that team and if his A game is on throughout, they can be a juggernaut. And I don't neccesarily think San An need Manu to advance, did Duncan need him or Parker in 1999? Granted he had Robinson, and old ass David Robinson. Sure they're not the same team, and sure Duncan's older, but I think if Parker can go off and sustain his A game throughout, they could make a run. I think they're x-factor though is Mason, can he produce and can he play defense in the playoffs? Their front court is pretty solid with Gooden now. They're going to have to fight, but I don't think it's wise to count them out completely.
Old 04-08-2009, 02:39 PM   #3597
Olive Oil Goombah
Anglophile

Robinson is a Hall of Famer tho, you can't just say 'old ass' david Robinson.

Plus the league was a lot weaker back them...facter that in, but they also were loaded with seasoned vets...Sean Elliot, Mario Elie, Avery Johnson, Steve Kerr, Will Perdue. Than they had Antonio Daniels..

Solid team.
Old 04-08-2009, 02:41 PM   #3598
Dirty Knowledge
I Already Won

And yes Orion, that is the question about Denver, big time.
And just because Boston isn't the one seed doesn't mean they've fallen off. They've been hurt this year and that's all. Like I said a few months ago, the only thing that will stop Boston is injuries because I honestly don't see anyone beating that team when it's running on all cylinders. When Paul Pierce takes over at the end of games, and they lock down on D, it's really hard to beat those guys. LA and Cleaveland still have to prove themselves. LA has to prove they can win in the Finals and so does Cleaveland, they're the last two teams that have lost in the NBA Finals so maybe they can turn that corner but they have to prove it first.
Old 04-08-2009, 02:43 PM   #3599
Dirty Knowledge
I Already Won

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyTooch View Post
Robinson is a Hall of Famer tho, you can't just say 'old ass' david Robinson.

Plus the league was a lot weaker back them...facter that in, but they also were loaded with seasoned vets...Sean Elliot, Mario Elie, Avery Johnson, Steve Kerr, Will Perdue. Than they had Antonio Daniels..

Solid team.

Well he was pretty old by that time and I don't think it's a stretch to say Duncan pretty much brought the title to San An. And yeah the league was weak not to mention they played a Ewing-less [injured] NY Knicks team.
Old 04-08-2009, 04:52 PM   #3600
Olive Oil Goombah
Anglophile

THat was one of the worst Finals in NBA history....unwatchable. The league had a few really bad years then.