news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > The Sports Zone

Old 05-27-2009, 08:39 PM   #4171
OB4CL2
Mask On Crooked

OB4CL2 crouching tigerOB4CL2 crouching tiger
Send a message via Yahoo to OB4CL2

IronFingaz, don't get too excited just cause your *team* hasn't been to the conference finals since 1996 and they didn't even win any games in that series.
OB4CL2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 09:08 PM   #4172
BrklynZoo
Gravedigga

BrklynZoo shaolin monk

Cavs outscored in 3rd and 4th quarter again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Rome
Zack Greinke is better than Greg Maddux
BrklynZoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 09:36 PM   #4173
IronFingaz7
NOBLE SCITY

IronFingaz7 iron monkeyIronFingaz7 iron monkeyIronFingaz7 iron monkey
Send a message via AIM to IronFingaz7 Send a message via MSN to IronFingaz7

Quote:
Originally Posted by OB4CL2 View Post
IronFingaz, don't get too excited just cause your *team* hasn't been to the conference finals since 1996 and they didn't even win any games in that series.
Not at all, series aint over until 4 games are won, as a Magic fan I know that first hand. Pistons were one of those 8 teams that did it against us.

P.E.A.C.E.
IronFingaz7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 09:42 PM   #4174
OB4CL2
Mask On Crooked

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronFingaz7 View Post
Not at all, series aint over until 4 games are won, as a Magic fan I know that first hand. Pistons were one of those 8 teams that did it against us.

P.E.A.C.E.
not at all what? i already know the 4 games = win
Old 05-27-2009, 09:47 PM   #4175
IronFingaz7
NOBLE SCITY

IronFingaz7 iron monkeyIronFingaz7 iron monkeyIronFingaz7 iron monkey
Send a message via AIM to IronFingaz7 Send a message via MSN to IronFingaz7

Not at all getting excited.

P.E.A.C.E.
IronFingaz7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 09:50 PM   #4176
OB4CL2
Mask On Crooked

mk
Old 05-27-2009, 11:50 PM   #4177
444trumpets
CHECKMATE

444trumpets shaolin monk

i was pretty close with the score, lets go lakers!!
Old 05-28-2009, 12:07 AM   #4178
Rode Block
Make it brief Son

Rode Block crouching tiger

Lakers did iight tonight...Hopefully they can close the series out in Denver...
Old 05-28-2009, 04:13 AM   #4179
whitey
Wu Vatican

whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyTooch View Post
Well exactly. You jumped on the bandwagon when they were good. I doubt you even knew of the Magic when it was just Nick Anderson and Anthony Bowie.

Like i said.....bandwagon. Its just like these little kids around the country who are Cavs fans because of Lebron, or people who became Bulls fans because of Jordan.

I'm not saying its right or wrong, I'm just saying you are what you are. A bandwagon fan. You began rooting for a team because they had the hot commodity at the time.

dude i aint even trying to be a dick and stick it to your team at the moment.

when a kid is 8 years old he doesnt know anything about bandwagoning. its not like i grew up 10 mins from the garden. i grew up 10 hours from the garden. im prob closer to the cavs, the 76ers, the raptors, same as the nets. kids at the age dont really care about who their "proper" home town team is unless its learned by their parents.

my dad came over from the mother land. he didnt, and still does not give a shit about american sports. i on the other hand, although i see soccer as the master sport, have a great apperciation for americnan sports.

i became a magic fan because about the time i started to form oppions and get inetrested in sports shaq came out. i was a fan of shaq desiel. i thought the dude was a cool guy, at 8 years old. if that makes me a band wagon, in the era of mike jordan winning 6 out of 8 (shoulda been 8/8 if he didnt experiement with stickball...go mets) then so be it.

but to me a bandwagon is a guy who likes whoever is hot. if that was the case i would have been routing for lebron or kobe right now. i would have abbonded the magic long ago, probably 10 years ago when they were the worst team in basketball. but even then i checked for them and hoped they did good. they didnt, but in turn it let them get the no.1 pick in 04 draft and in turn howard. when they got their new blue chip they invested in the likes of turk, big shot shard, the frenchmen, skip, gorat, aj, ect. they just fit the system.

and now they are doing work. they just happen to match up great against the cavs. they still have to close it out, which is not a given.

but hating on a dude bc his team is beating your "home town" team is some bs. its one thing if i jumped teams and just got to the magic. but they were my first favorite basketball team, and remain so. sooooooo be easy son.
The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.
whitey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 04:20 AM   #4180
Compulsion
Veteran Member

Compulsion five deadly venomsCompulsion five deadly venomsCompulsion five deadly venomsCompulsion five deadly venomsCompulsion five deadly venomsCompulsion five deadly venomsCompulsion five deadly venomsCompulsion five deadly venoms

Different sport, but I think it pertains to the argument at hand. How does this translate with college sports? Are you a bandwagon fan if you did not attend the school? Or are you bandwagon if you root for any school other than the physically closest? How about in my case where the local team was taken and relocated? I hadn't followed basketball seriously in years before that, but I would have stopped caring/watching when the Supersonics were moved if I had not.

I do generally agree with the idea that you should root for your local teams regardless. I do understand the appeal of other teams (Jordan was dominating things when I was most into basketball, but I always remained a Sonics fan throughout), but it seems kind of harsh to label anyone who has stuck with a choice from childhood with the term bandwagon. I think if you stick with that team after the player that got you interested in that team that has to count for something. Bandwagon seems to imply winning, and if you stuck with the team for the losses as well...I dunno interesting topic though.
Old 05-28-2009, 12:29 PM   #4181
check two
N.I.

check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OB4CL2 View Post
dude. if you saw the replay, AV didn't do shit and the ref pointed to him when it was another player who committed the foul. the fucking broadcasters didn't agree either. and what nonsense? the refs aren't favoring the cavs, both teams are getting bullshit calls. the refs (half the time) are stupid little fucks who daydream and waddle on the court like penguins. i'm just saying that the most bullshit call of the game was the one where AV was fouled out for no reason. they brought wallace into the game for some D. but he didn't do shit either. LeBron was doing shit by himself. those 3 reasons were a big part of why the cavs lost. i don't remember the Dwight Howard fould out. i tryed looking for it on the internet but couldn't find it
Lebron committing more turnovers himself that game than the Magic team didn't help too much either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Knowledge View Post
lol check 2, always bringing the funny jokes. that one made me really chuckle.
check two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 02:00 PM   #4182
the scarecrow
ADEPT

the scarecrow crouching tiger

magic will finish leBrick and the cavs, lets go melo!!
the scarecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 04:39 PM   #4183
Olive Oil Goombah
Anglophile

Olive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killa

I'll be at the game tonight throwing batteries at the Magic
Old 05-28-2009, 08:54 PM   #4184
444trumpets
CHECKMATE

444trumpets shaolin monk

So whts up clevland loseing tonight
Old 05-28-2009, 09:34 PM   #4185
OB4CL2
Mask On Crooked

Cavs are losing focus..