news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > The Sports Zone

Old 06-25-2009, 04:07 PM   #4606
Olive Oil Goombah
Anglophile

Olive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killa

So does that mean they aren't resigning Turkoglu??? Bad move.

Shaq will help the Cavs a ton. He is still dominant in the paint and is probably the 2nd or 3rd best center in the league still.

That is huge for the Cavs. LeBron going to the hoop and Shaq cleaning up any misses. Shaq in the low post commanding double teams.
The only thing missing from the Cavs last year was a force down low.

It really wasnt the pick and rolls that hurt the Cavs against the Magic. It was the fact that Dwight Howard just backed Z down at will physically.

Great trade. We gave up nothing basically, and they are trying to move up in the draft to pick up a swingman. Casspi and the dude from Xavier were the names i keep hearing.
Old 06-25-2009, 04:10 PM   #4607
Olive Oil Goombah
Anglophile

Olive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killa

The Magic have enough scorers, I dont think Vince is a good move. I think they need to stop playing small, and get a PF to go along with Dwight because Lewis and Turkeyglue cannot defend anyone in the post or on the perimeter.
Old 06-25-2009, 04:13 PM   #4608
Rode Block
Make it brief Son

Rode Block crouching tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyTooch View Post
The Magic have enough scorers, I dont think Vince is a good move. I think they need to stop playing small, and get a PF to go along with Dwight because Lewis and Turkeyglue cannot defend anyone in the post or on the perimeter.
yup, I don't know why the Magic would do this. Carter is still a very good scorer, but at this point in his career I don't think there's anything he can do that Lee didn't already bring to the table.

And they'll probably try to re-sign Hedo and start VC at the 2...Their line up next year will be

1-Nelson
2-VC
3-Hedo
4-Lewis
5-Howard

Pretty solid line up, but I don't know if it's any better than the line up they had this year.
Old 06-25-2009, 04:21 PM   #4609
Olive Oil Goombah
Anglophile

yea, but they are losing depth cuz Gortat will be gone then, no Lee, no Battie, no backup PG, you would have to go with ANthony Johnson, who is a downgrade from Alston.

Basically your coming off the bench with Pietrus, Johnson and Redick.

Plus, how are you going to get those guys all of those shots??

Lee was perfect because he did not need to shoot the ball more than 10 times a game. Carter is going to put up at least that a night, most of which will be ineffecient shots, and shots he will be taking away from Lewis and Turkoglu.
Old 06-25-2009, 04:27 PM   #4610
Rode Block
Make it brief Son

Well, that's only IF the Magic re-sign Hedo...If they don't I think VC is capable of running the offense and he can get his own shot just like Hedo did.

I really don't get why the Magic would pull the trigger on this trade, maybe they don't plan to re-sign Hedo, but then who's gonna be there second swingman? You're right that they did lose A LOT of depth.

The more I think about it the more this trade baffles me...Maybe I'm missing something here...I'm not really too familiar with the Magic's roster or cap situation...
Old 06-25-2009, 04:29 PM   #4611
check two
N.I.

check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

In the biggest trade so far this off season, the Hawks traded Acie Law IV and Speedy Claxton to the Warriors for Jamal Crawford.

check two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 04:31 PM   #4612
Rode Block
Make it brief Son

^^That's old...They agree to that trade like two days ago! LOL.

I guess the league barely approved it today
Old 06-25-2009, 04:31 PM   #4613
check two
N.I.

check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

You forgot to mention that the Nets traded a second player besides Carter

Old 06-25-2009, 04:48 PM   #4614
HANZO
Hanovallah

HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Magic dnt need to re-sign hedo, letting him walk will allow them to re-sign Gortat and get a PF for the MLE. possibly Sheed or Mcdyess. if you look at it from that perspective then its a good trade for the Magic. they are going for a title. you aint gonna win a title if Hedo is your go to guy in the 4th.
Old 06-25-2009, 04:53 PM   #4615
check two
N.I.

The Magic picked up PF Ryan Anderson in the Carter trade also, he should help some.

Old 06-25-2009, 04:53 PM   #4616
Rode Block
Make it brief Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAN View Post
Magic dnt need to re-sign hedo, letting him walk will allow them to re-sign Gortat and get a PF for the MLE. possibly Sheed or Mcdyess. if you look at it from that perspective then its a good trade for the Magic. they are going for a title. you aint gonna win a title if Hedo is your go to guy in the 4th.
You a Magic fan?

Shouldn't they be looking for a 2guard or SF if they let Hedo walk? Lewis did a decent job at the PF position this year...
Old 06-25-2009, 05:00 PM   #4617
check two
N.I.

When is Yao going to heal? Are they going to try to trade McGrady? If the Rockets could stay healthy, them and the Spurs would be the teams to beat this upcoming season.

Old 06-25-2009, 05:01 PM   #4618
Olive Oil Goombah
Anglophile

eh who knows what the future holds. If they dont plan on signing Hedo, than, yea it makes sense.

But they have downgraded as a team because Hedo was a huge part of why they team went as far as they did.

I've never been a big Carter fan.
Old 06-25-2009, 05:02 PM   #4619
Olive Oil Goombah
Anglophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by check two View Post
When is Yao going to heal? Are they going to try to trade McGrady? If the Rockets could stay healthy, them and the Spurs would be the teams to beat this upcoming season.
Yao's foot is going to be a problem for them.
Old 06-25-2009, 05:14 PM   #4620
Rode Block
Make it brief Son

I just looked at Carter's stats for this past season and he's still a 21-5-5 guy...So he's still a solid contributor and he's always been a decent defender. He was never great on defense, but he'll be AT LEAST as good as Hedo is/was.

I think the Nets are targeting James with this move. They're stock piling good young talent so they'll be under the cap when James becomes a FA AND they'll have a good team that fits in with James playing tyle. Harris, Lopez, and now Lee. That's a lot of potential right there.

I don't think he'll move to Brooklyn, but atleast they're trying, lol.