news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > The Sports Zone

Old 06-25-2009, 05:14 PM   #4621
Rode Block
Make it brief Son

Rode Block crouching tiger

I just looked at Carter's stats for this past season and he's still a 21-5-5 guy...So he's still a solid contributor and he's always been a decent defender. He was never great on defense, but he'll be AT LEAST as good as Hedo is/was.

I think the Nets are targeting James with this move. They're stock piling good young talent so they'll be under the cap when James becomes a FA AND they'll have a good team that fits in with James playing tyle. Harris, Lopez, and now Lee. That's a lot of potential right there.

I don't think he'll move to Brooklyn, but atleast they're trying, lol.
Old 06-25-2009, 05:15 PM   #4622
HANZO
Hanovallah

HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rode Block View Post
You a Magic fan?

Shouldn't they be looking for a 2guard or SF if they let Hedo walk? Lewis did a decent job at the PF position this year...
nah i aint a magic fan, dnt really support any NBA team.

Lewis creates match up problems, but he cant rebound and cant defend in the post, so the Magic need someone to either start PF or come off the bench to do that. would help them alot.

initially they agreed to pay the luxury tax to keep Hedo, but i think trading for Carter means that they are prepared for Hedo leaving. Hedo aint worth the $10million he asking for anyway. so it makes sense for the Magic to trade for Carter.
Old 06-25-2009, 05:28 PM   #4623
Rode Block
Make it brief Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAN View Post
nah i aint a magic fan, dnt really support any NBA team.

Lewis creates match up problems, but he cant rebound and cant defend in the post, so the Magic need someone to either start PF or come off the bench to do that. would help them alot.

initially they agreed to pay the luxury tax to keep Hedo, but i think trading for Carter means that they are prepared for Hedo leaving. Hedo aint worth the $10million he asking for anyway. so it makes sense for the Magic to trade for Carter.
Yeah, I think a guy like Sheed would be perfect for the Magic. He's still one of the best post defenders in the league and he has a pretty good 3 point shot, so he'll be able to keep the floor spread on offense and he'll be able to guard the 4's who like to play in the post. The only problem with that is I'm not too sure if Sheed is really capable to play starters minutes...If he does sign to the Magic for the MLE then I can see the VC trade making a lot more sense...

It still leaves them with a thin back court though.
Old 06-25-2009, 05:37 PM   #4624
444trumpets
CHECKMATE

444trumpets shaolin monk

Damn carter to the magic!
Old 06-25-2009, 05:44 PM   #4625
HANZO
Hanovallah

HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

the trade is official now. Carter and Anderson for Battie, Alston and Lee.
Old 06-25-2009, 05:51 PM   #4626
444trumpets
CHECKMATE

444trumpets shaolin monk

man next season is gonna be on and the draft today!!!lets go clips!
Old 06-25-2009, 06:33 PM   #4627
IronFingaz7
NOBLE SCITY

IronFingaz7 iron monkeyIronFingaz7 iron monkeyIronFingaz7 iron monkey
Send a message via AIM to IronFingaz7 Send a message via MSN to IronFingaz7

I love the Magic trade, although I'm pissed they gave up Lee, rather it would have been Redick. Definitely going to miss Lee, but this gives an opportunity for Rashard to move to his natural position at the 3 where I think he could be a lot more efficient, of course, that depends on the getting a quality PF, dont mind losing Alston because we we're off to our best start with Nelson starting, Johnson backing up, and then Nelson got injured so its not really anything going back to that. Battie is really not a big deal at all.

P.E.A.C.E.
-Noble Scity-
IronFingaz7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 06:34 PM   #4628
Olive Oil Goombah
Anglophile

Olive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rode Block View Post
I just looked at Carter's stats for this past season and he's still a 21-5-5 guy...So he's still a solid contributor and he's always been a decent defender. He was never great on defense, but he'll be AT LEAST as good as Hedo is/was.

I think the Nets are targeting James with this move. They're stock piling good young talent so they'll be under the cap when James becomes a FA AND they'll have a good team that fits in with James playing tyle. Harris, Lopez, and now Lee. That's a lot of potential right there.

I don't think he'll move to Brooklyn, but atleast they're trying, lol.
Harris Lopez and Lee aren't really that good.

I mean, ok, Ill give it to Harris, he can ball, but the other two....meh.
Old 06-25-2009, 06:37 PM   #4629
Olive Oil Goombah
Anglophile

Olive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killa

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronFingaz7 View Post
I love the Magic trade, although I'm pissed they gave up Lee, rather it would have been Redick. Definitely going to miss Lee, but this gives an opportunity for Rashard to move to his natural position at the 3 where I think he could be a lot more efficient, of course, that depends on the getting a quality PF, dont mind losing Alston because we we're off to our best start with Nelson starting, Johnson backing up, and then Nelson got injured so its not really anything going back to that. Battie is really not a big deal at all.

P.E.A.C.E.
-Noble Scity-
I think the Magic were in a tough spot.

They are better off with Turkoglu, no doubt, BUT, you cannot overpay for Turk when you already overpaid for Lewis and your gonna eventually have to pay Dwight.

Turkoglu was huge for them. He hit so many big shots, ran the pick and roll to perfection, and got to the basket well. He also created matchup problems.

He is superior to Carter RIGHT NOW. In Vinces prime, he is a better player.

I think this hurts the Magic.

Now if they sign Rasheed, that will be a good move, but do they have the cap room for it?? It seems like they got alot of big contracts on that team.
Old 06-25-2009, 07:32 PM   #4630
Tito_Para Enfrente
Banned

Tito_Para Enfrente drunken mastaTito_Para Enfrente drunken mastaTito_Para Enfrente drunken masta

so vince carter got traded to the magic, thats pretty cool
Tito_Para Enfrente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 01:09 AM   #4631
Rode Block
Make it brief Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyTooch View Post
Harris Lopez and Lee aren't really that good.

I mean, ok, Ill give it to Harris, he can ball, but the other two....meh.
They aren't that good, yet. I was going off of nothing but potential. I do expect Lopez to become one of the better big men in the league.... This was his rookie year and he averaged 13 ppg and 8 boards...Plus he's still only 21 so he's got a lot of potential.

and Lee will eventually become one of the better defenders in the NBA. Although his game still needs a lot of work.

Quote:

Now if they sign Rasheed, that will be a good move, but do they have the cap room for it?? It seems like they got alot of big contracts on that team.
They don't need cap space if Sheed agrees to sign to the full MLE...but he said he's gona consider retirement... I'm thinking the Magic have something under their sleeve...If they can get Wallace and move Lewis to the 3 then they'll probably be a better team this year.
Old 06-26-2009, 05:04 AM   #4632
SL33
Hungry Hyena From Medina

SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
I think the Magic were in a tough spot.

They are better off with Turkoglu, no doubt, BUT, you cannot overpay for Turk when you already overpaid for Lewis and your gonna eventually have to pay Dwight.

Turkoglu was huge for them. He hit so many big shots, ran the pick and roll to perfection, and got to the basket well. He also created matchup problems.

He is superior to Carter RIGHT NOW. In Vinces prime, he is a better player.

I think this hurts the Magic.

co sign to the fullest

SL33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 10:45 AM   #4633
Imperial1

Imperial1 grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to Imperial1 Send a message via Yahoo to Imperial1

Quote:
Originally Posted by OB4CL2 View Post
^^^ say it only if you're sure
Very sure. Games are always fixed in the lakers favor. At least when Jordan and the Bulls were winning left and right, I didn't suspect any foul play. Jordan was just that good. There were times where I didn't want the Bulls to win because I wanted to see someone else win. But it's a different story with the lakers. Big example is that western conference finals back in 02' with Sacramento.

Imperial1

"So sick wit it, I don't spit, I vomit"
Imperial1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 10:52 AM   #4634
Imperial1

Imperial1 grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by hectis View Post
if i was kobe, and I won a ring, I would ask shaq "have you ever won a ring with out another super star?"
Actually, D. Wade didn't start getting attention until Shaq started playing with him and hyped him up.

Imperial1

Old 06-26-2009, 10:56 AM   #4635
Imperial1

Imperial1 grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by check two View Post
If Garnett wouldn't have been injured though, the Celtics would have had a real good shot to be in the finals right now.
No, the Celtics would've repeated as champions if Garnett were still healthy.

Imperial1