news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > The Sports Zone

Old 07-11-2009, 07:41 PM   #4711
HANZO
Hanovallah

HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

best to see the Magic play before we pass judgement. They have changed alot, but i dont think their style of play will change much. Bass is a good signing, he can help Dwight out in the paint.

Most important for the Magic will be for Dwight to develop a post game. atleast have 1 or 2 go to moves in the post. it will help them out alot. If the Magic can have a team that can shoot the 3 but also have scorers in the paint. they would be fucking dangerous.

Anthony Parker is good for the Cav's he a bit streaky but he solid, and knows the game very well. it dont make up for the awful contract they gave to Varejao though.
Old 07-11-2009, 08:13 PM   #4712
Olive Oil Goombah
Anglophile

Olive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killa

Varajao contract is incentive laden so I doubt alot of that 50 million is guaranteed unless he performs pretty well, which is a good thing.
Old 07-11-2009, 08:16 PM   #4713
Olive Oil Goombah
Anglophile

Olive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killa

I doubt dwight will ever develope great post moves or a solid back to the basket game. The way I see it, is that if he hasn't really figured it out by now and we are still talking about it, than it probablly will never happen.

He has no clue how to shoot a basketball. He just sort of flings it up there kinda like Ben Wallace does. They have decent form that makes you think they could become decent shooters, but they dont shoot it well. I think it mostly stems from lack of dedication and true interest in developing a shot.
Old 07-11-2009, 10:15 PM   #4714
HANZO
Hanovallah

HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

yeah i never really understood the way Dwight shoots the ball. he doesnt extend his arm at all. i mean surely someone has told him to do it properly. he plays alongside a team of shooters. he better than Wallace and Shaq but still Duncan didnt shoot it well when he began and now he got a mid range jumper and even can knock down a three on the incredibly rare occasion.
Old 07-11-2009, 10:52 PM   #4715
Olive Oil Goombah
Anglophile

True....Duncan has better fundamentals and overal basketball skills than Dwight in my opinion.

He had them his whole life probably because you could see it in college.

Some guys got it some don't. I really dont understand how you can't shoot a basketball properly as a pro. Im not saying that you will be a great shooter, but to have no clue, that doesnt make sense to me.

I guess its because guys like Dwight and SHaq really dont have to learn to do it to be effective. But imagine if they did.

ALot of shooting is touch, and depth perception....and just knowing how to shoot a basketball.

I guess its like reading..if you dont learn by a certain age, your fucked.
Old 07-13-2009, 05:51 PM   #4716
check two
N.I.

check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

The Magic kept Gortat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Knowledge View Post
lol check 2, always bringing the funny jokes. that one made me really chuckle.
check two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 05:55 PM   #4717
check two
N.I.

check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

You seem heated about this, to make a thread concerning it? lol

Quote:
Old 07-13-2009, 06:47 PM   #4718
IronFingaz7
NOBLE SCITY

IronFingaz7 iron monkeyIronFingaz7 iron monkeyIronFingaz7 iron monkey
Send a message via AIM to IronFingaz7 Send a message via MSN to IronFingaz7

Quote:
Originally Posted by check two View Post
The Magic kept Gortat.
I'm hearing rumors that the Magic matched because the Rockets wanted Gortat due to the potential loss of Yao and a deal is being worked to trade Gortat to the Rockets and the Magic would end up with Battier even though I don't think that deal can be worked out until 90 days after the match, but just a rumor at this point. Could be true cuz I dont see the point of matching Gortat for that amount of money when he'll only play about 12 minutes a game unless Dwight is in foul trouble. Also, rumored the Magic will sign Matt Barnes and possibly Theo Ratliff.

P.E.A.C.E.
-Noble Scity-
IronFingaz7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 06:51 PM   #4719
check two
N.I.

I don't think that's a good trade for the Rockets.

Quote:
Old 07-13-2009, 08:19 PM   #4720
IronFingaz7
NOBLE SCITY

Hell no its not, lmao. But their pretty desperate for a center at this point and centers are hard to come by nowadays, but even so I dont think that trade can happen until like November/December anyways, cuz I think you have to keep a player 90 days when you match their contract before you can trade them, I'm not sure though. And by that time, they might have a center.

P.E.A.C.E.
Old 07-13-2009, 10:09 PM   #4721
nelly13

nelly13 shaolin monk

Lakers going to be a problem again next year with Artest now they just need Odom back
nelly13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 12:11 AM   #4722
Rode Block
Make it brief Son

Rode Block crouching tiger

I wasn't expecting the Magic to match that offer...They overpaid for a C who's only gonna be playing 12 minutes a game...Really unnecessary move on their part.
Old 07-14-2009, 10:14 AM   #4723
IronFingaz7
NOBLE SCITY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rode Block View Post
I wasn't expecting the Magic to match that offer...They overpaid for a C who's only gonna be playing 12 minutes a game...Really unnecessary move on their part.
Trade bait, Gortat is heavily coveted right now I don't understand why though really. I mean he's serviceable as a back-up but all these teams want him to start and everything else and watching every Magic game last year I really don't see why. Same goes for Turk, don't understand why all these experts think so highly of Turk everytime he had the ball I almost had a heartattack, lol.

P.E.A.C.E.
Old 07-14-2009, 10:47 AM   #4724
Slide
underground

Slide crouching tiger
Send a message via ICQ to Slide

good game
Slide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 12:22 PM   #4725
check two
N.I.

^^ what? lol

Quote: