news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > The Sports Zone

Old 07-19-2009, 09:51 PM   #4786
Olive Oil Goombah
Anglophile

Olive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killa

The Cavs upgraded. Foul trouble dont matter for Shaq cuz Z is still backing him up. Both will benefit from less minutes. The dude is a total upgrade, anyone who thinks it not doesnt kno the Cavs real weakness last year was inside scoring outside LBJ.

Parker can get his own shot, so can mo and Delonte. And with Shaq AND LeBron commanding doubles...this will only make them that much better.

The Cavs will be the best team this year, just like they were last year...and this was without the upgrades.

The Magic fuuuuucked up. Lewis at the 3 eliminates there whole gameplan which was matchup problems. Now he is an easy guard, even if he is tall cuz he never takes it to the basket and rarely posts his man up.

Carter, at his position is finished. He is a shell of himself does not play above the rim, is a step slower and is soft. Doesnt attack the basket and puts up bad shots...and lots of them
They lose Alston and Turk, the two guys who ran their offense and carried them to the finals really. Nelson to me...i dunno. I think he is too undersized. He had a decent year, but I dunno.
Giving up on Lee and Alston and Turk........stupid move. They got rid of all of their versatility.

Boston......too old, too thin, too injured. Garnett..can he even stay healthy. These dudes are just old.
Rasheed will hit some 3's but other than that, he gets nothing inside.

If you asked me would I rather have Shaq, Carter or Rasheed, i'd have picked Shaq...and the next guy i woudl have wanted was Artest.

The Cavs are still looking to add someone else...possibly Barnes, possibley Gooden. We'll see.

They are definitely the favorites in the East. no doubt about that. A team that won 66 upgrades at center with shaq and adds a vet who can create his own shot and d up in Parker and only loses Ben Wallace, Sasha an Wally...basically nothing...

I dunno man....we'll see, but I dont think Boston or ORlando had good offseasons.
Old 07-19-2009, 10:01 PM   #4787
IronFingaz7
NOBLE SCITY

IronFingaz7 iron monkeyIronFingaz7 iron monkeyIronFingaz7 iron monkey
Send a message via AIM to IronFingaz7 Send a message via MSN to IronFingaz7

LMAO...If you believe that go ahead, but pretty much every Magic fan is happy Turk is gone. And theres no guarantee that Lewis is getting put back to the 3, Pietrus could start at the 3, nothing is set in stone right now. Alston was a rental, Turk is not a loss, only loss is Lee.

P.E.A.C.E.
-Noble Scity-
IronFingaz7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 10:07 PM   #4788
check two
N.I.

check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

The Cavs are adding Jamario Moon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Knowledge View Post
lol check 2, always bringing the funny jokes. that one made me really chuckle.
check two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 10:29 PM   #4789
Rode Block
Make it brief Son

Rode Block crouching tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyTooch View Post
Parker can get his own shot, so can mo and Delonte. And with Shaq AND LeBron commanding doubles...this will only make them that much better.
LMFAO...When was the last time you watched Shaq? He hasn't commanded a double since '06.

I know you're a bias toward the Cavs, but try and be objective.

VC ain't done. He'll still give you 20 points, 5 assists, and 5 boards.

And you keep acting like the Magic got worse because they lost Alston and Turk...Nelson>>>>>Alston. Alston was a decent back up, but don't act like they didn't upgrade at the 1 by getting rid of him.

VC and Turk is kinda hard because they play different positions, but VC does put up better stats...He scores more and shoots a higher FG% than him...You act like VC is gonna jack up shots, but Hedo was doing that last year and it didn't hurt the Magic too much. I think he's an upgrade. Causing mismatches was key last year because they couldn' match with talent, but now they can.

Nelson is still an All-Star PG
VC is still one of the best 2-guards in the league
Lewis can hit the open 3
Bass is young and he'll give them plenty of energy on defense AND offense
Dwight is stil the DPOY and if he can learn a couple of post moves he'll dominate.

And don't even ask if KG can stay healthy because you're gonna be too busy trying to keep Shaq healthy, he's way more injury prone than KG.
Old 07-20-2009, 05:52 AM   #4790
Olive Oil Goombah
Anglophile

Olive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killa

i kno ur mad at the whole Lebron being popular thing, so i'll give you a pass for being bias.

Did the Magic not watch their playoff run??
How soon they forget how huge Turkoglu was and all the clutch shots he hit.

Yes, the Magic played over their heads, but if any Magic fan is going to sit here and say they are happy Turk, Lee and Alston are gone, than that really only proves how bad of basketball fans they really are.
Not surprising to me.

Hedo was not jacking up the amount of shots Carter will. Carter cannot get to the basket or is afraid too. He cannot run the offense, he is not a great pick and roll player.

Thats what you forget. The PICK AND ROLL with dwight that Turk ran to perfection is gone. THe Magics main play is gone.

Nelson is and will always be borderline all star material.
VC is NOT even close to one of hte best 2 guards in the league.
Lewis can hit an open 3.....but thats about it.
Bass is not an all star. He'll help but nothing overly significant.

Dwight wont learn any post moves if he hasn't yet. He is still a force.

I know your trying to be a smart fan, and possibly you have some hate for Shaq for dogging your boy Kobe but get real.

AND LOL @ the magic fan who said Turk wasn't a loss. Keep pretending that you guys didnt blow up a championship quality team.
Old 07-20-2009, 07:04 AM   #4791
IronFingaz7
NOBLE SCITY

IronFingaz7 iron monkeyIronFingaz7 iron monkeyIronFingaz7 iron monkey
Send a message via AIM to IronFingaz7 Send a message via MSN to IronFingaz7

OK, I'm not going to get into any argument with you because the way your speaking you must have ONLY watched the Magic in the playoffs, but we'll see.

P.E.A.C.E.
-Noble Scity-
IronFingaz7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 01:48 PM   #4792
Rode Block
Make it brief Son

I'm not forgetting the Pick and Roll...You just seem to be forgetting that they still have Nelson. Before he got injured he was the guy who mainly ran the pick and roll...I remember Nelson SCORCHED the Lakers for like 40+ points one game because the Lakers suck at defending the Pick and Roll.

VC will be an ok distributor...Hedo wasn't anything special with his passing and neither is VC...And quit acting like Hedo didn't jack up shots. He shot 41% from the field while Carter shot 43%...If anything it's Hedo that jacks up the shots.

I don't see how the Magic are a worse team from last year. They got their all-star PG back to 100%, a 20-5-5 guy who can create his own shot, a solid wing defender in Pietrus, a guy who can hit open shots in Lewis, and a TRUE PF who plays with his back to the basket in Bass...You throw in the DPOY and that team is the favorite to win the East, IMO.

And I ain't got no hate for Shaq, I just saw him play vs. the Lakers 4 times last year and Pau Gasol ate him alive every game...he isn't what he used to be. He's an average Center nowadays.
Old 07-20-2009, 04:31 PM   #4793
Olive Oil Goombah
Anglophile

SHaq is a good fit for the Cavs. Trust me. I know the team better than anyone else. We dont need him to be a superstar...we just need him to do what he does best...finish around the basket and rebound.

End of story.

As far as the Magic go...I'm not sold because their strenght, the reason they got as far as they did was their 3 point shooting and being able to spread the floor and wrea havoc with mismatches.

They are much easier to match up with now...

Maybe they are better against certain teams, but I guess my view is that the Cavs match up much better with them now, which is why they dont really scare me like they did last year.
Old 07-20-2009, 04:42 PM   #4794
444trumpets
CHECKMATE

444trumpets shaolin monk

Lakers baby!
Old 07-20-2009, 05:07 PM   #4795
Olive Oil Goombah
Anglophile

If Artest can score the basketball like he used to, then the Lakers will be very tough to beat.

If he can't and they lose Odom and Ariza, then I'm not sure what they would be better off with. Artest or those two.
Old 07-20-2009, 05:08 PM   #4796
check two
N.I.

check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

I'd like to see trumpets make a post that doesn't mention the Lakers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Knowledge View Post
lol check 2, always bringing the funny jokes. that one made me really chuckle.
check two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 05:18 PM   #4797
444trumpets
CHECKMATE

444trumpets shaolin monk

Aye but next season is gonna be mad ridiculous!
Old 07-20-2009, 05:19 PM   #4798
444trumpets
CHECKMATE

444trumpets shaolin monk

I could go without odom and ariza, i see morrison is ballen we could also pick guys up
Old 07-21-2009, 02:37 AM   #4799
Rode Block
Make it brief Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by 444trumpets View Post
I could go without odom and ariza, i see morrison is ballen we could also pick guys up
If we lose Odom we got NO front court...All we'll have is Injury-Prone Bynum and Gasol...and that's it. We need Odom back. We won't be as good without him.

LOL @ Morrison. He sucks, ain't nothing we can do about that.
Old 07-21-2009, 11:08 AM   #4800
HANZO
Hanovallah

HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I think the Magic will be better next season. Carter is better than Hedo and i can see Carter playing with way more purpose than ever before. they also signed Matt Barnes so they looking good.

Odom would be a big loss for the Lakers, but i been reading that he called the Lakers GM to restart negotiations. The Lakers have to resign Odom, cause considering the moves that Boston, Cleveland and Orlando has made improving their frontcourt the Lakers gotta keep Odom. Spurs are a massive threat to.

Cleveland sign Moon which i think is really good, they needed a athletic wingman like Pietrus and Ariza. Moon although not as good as them 2, he can help the Cavs out alot.