news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > The Sports Zone

Old 12-12-2009, 09:33 PM   #5116
Olive Oil Goombah
Anglophile

Olive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killa

Jordan was the biggest shit talker ever....so was Bird.

I agree i think its stupid when LeBron dances like that.

But superstars have been getting the breaks forever
Old 12-13-2009, 09:40 AM   #5117
Sense-A
PRODIGAL SUN

Sense-A prodigal sonSense-A prodigal sonSense-A prodigal sonSense-A prodigal sonSense-A prodigal sonSense-A prodigal son

Yeah but that spin move dunk lebron had two weeks ago was about 5 steps without dribbling! The referees in the league are much more inconsistent than they ever were. They were on strike at the beginning of this season and I'm skeptical if the bargaining agreement doesn't have something to do with their inconsistency this season.

Michael Jordan talked shit on the court and so did Larry Bird. But those guys always had class. Not only that, they'd back up anything they had to say to the guy guarding them. They paved the way so that young bafoons like lebron can do their jiggy dances before during and after the game and make 10+ million per year. after Lebron's confrontation with Joakim Noah, Noah took the high road after the game. Lebron contradicted himself in everything he said like you'd expect an unprofessional egotistic person to do. I don't get too upset though cuz i know that some of these guys are still just kids out there. In their early 20s with a lot of maturing and growing up to do. Michael Jordan made everybody playing around him BETTER. Paxson, Kerr, Kukoc, Cartwright, Grant, Armstrong, stacey king Ron Harper all those average players who were great because Michael Jordan just didn't accept losing or accept mediocrity from his teammates. Does lebron james make the players around him better? Or does he just try to steal the show every game even if it means his team losing? He's got the rest of his teammates doing lil soulja jiggy dances. Its a contagious disease.

Last night i watched Paul Peirce getting schooled by Deng the whole game and fake an injury twice. Grimacing and acting like he'd be out for the season but then he gets up and doesn't even go to the bench. And Brad Miller got Rondo / Rhonda back for that hard foul in the playoffs last year when Rondo pretty much just grabbed him and threw him down and got away with the foul that cost us the game. The player i respect most on Boston celtics is Ray Allen. He is almost automatic coming off a screen and busting a long range shot. Announcers were comparing him to the old Reggie Miller last night the way he pops those clutch shots.

Cavs are going no where in the playoffs so don't get your hopes up Lebron James fanboys. Atlanta, orlando and boston are all better teams in the East.
Old 12-13-2009, 05:31 PM   #5118
Olive Oil Goombah
Anglophile

Olive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killa

you see, you attempting to say LeBron doenst make his teammates better is just wrong.

At first people criticized him for passing to his teammates and not taking final shots.

Now he starts taking the shot and they criticize him for 'not making his teammates better'.

What LeBron has done, straight out of high school at this age is almost unprecedented in NBA history.

He will go down as one of the all time greats.....even if he retired today.

Years ago, everyone hated Kobe, and were all on Jordans dick.

Then before that, they all hated Jordan and they were on Magic and Birds dick.

Its just the way it goes in the NBA.
Old 12-13-2009, 06:16 PM   #5119
HANZO
Hanovallah

HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Lebron def makes his team mates better. Cavs would be nowhere without him. i mean he has a bigger impact on his team mates than Kobe does.

i agree with the dancing being classless, but thats Lebron's immaturity. its the same as him not shaking the hands of Magic players when the Cavs lost. but that goes for alot of NBA players, alot of them lack the maturity to behave in a sportsman like manner. Garnett's been doing similar shit for ages.
Old 12-13-2009, 06:21 PM   #5120
Sense-A
PRODIGAL SUN

Sense-A prodigal sonSense-A prodigal sonSense-A prodigal sonSense-A prodigal sonSense-A prodigal sonSense-A prodigal son

ok i rest my case. The bulls have to play the lakers next. looks like another blowout. we'll have tyrus thomas coming back in 2 weeks and hopefully his arm has healed good and he gives this team the boost it needs. We need John Salmons to go on a streak and Hinrich to start shooting 40%. its a long shot though. Tyrus Thomas has reason to play good this year. He'll be a free agent at years end.
Old 12-13-2009, 06:23 PM   #5121
Olive Oil Goombah
Anglophile

exactly. i personally cant stand any of it, but its part of sports and people today. its just the way some of us are.
Old 12-13-2009, 06:25 PM   #5122
Olive Oil Goombah
Anglophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sense-A View Post
ok i rest my case. The bulls have to play the lakers next. looks like another blowout. we'll have tyrus thomas coming back in 2 weeks and hopefully his arm has healed good and he gives this team the boost it needs. We need John Salmons to go on a streak and Hinrich to start shooting 40%. its a long shot though. Tyrus Thomas has reason to play good this year. He'll be a free agent at years end.
aaaaah.....ur a Bulls fan.

no wonder.

i dont blame you. I HATED Jordan when he played.

I'm a lifelong Cavs fan, no LeBron bandwagon shit here, so its why i didnt mind when he was dancing against you guys.

fuck you guys..hahaha
Old 12-16-2009, 10:04 PM   #5123
ballistic
Mihdisiatic Mythocracy

ballistic crouching tiger
Send a message via AIM to ballistic

kobe with the buzzer beating fadeaway in OT...from like 20 feet...with a broken finger...what else is new??

Sense, I'm a bulls fan too and it's looking bleak right now...rose is playing at like 70 percent, deng isn't playing to his potential and we still don't have a legitimate inside threat. we should've gotten boozer when we had the chance. i think we'll put together a run when thomas comes back but still...we're short-handed. rose needs some help out there. i'm not going to throw del negro under the bus yet, though. i like his attitude and i think he has lots of potential. the thing is, he's on the same level in coaching that rose is on as an NBA player...both need development. and more offense.

ballistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 09:53 AM   #5124
HANZO
Hanovallah

HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

the Bucks should have won that game, they got sort of fucked over by the ref's. my man Ersan Ilyasova played well but the dick missed 2 key FT's and pretty much lost the game for the Bucks, his a good player doing well for the Bucks this year, very good rebounder and defender. one of the few players in the world that would give up playing for more money in Europe to instead play for less on a shit team in the NBA.

the Bucks played well, and are going well this season. everyone expected them to be near the bottom of the East but they play good D and have some solid players on their roster.
Old 12-17-2009, 11:42 AM   #5125
ballistic
Mihdisiatic Mythocracy

playin better than chicago right now...

Old 12-18-2009, 09:48 PM   #5126
Sense-A
PRODIGAL SUN

HAN you gotta be proud to have Jennings. That guy is impressive out there.

Ballistic, I have not given up on VDN. If you check out www.blogabull.com most of those guys DEMAND that he be fired. But what do they know? You are right, the Bulls management gave Derrick Rose too much responsibility too quick.

NickyTooch, if you are a lifelong fan then i respect that. You wouldn't happen to be a cleveland browns fan by any chance? hahaha

I've never been much a kobe fan but i admit he has shown some maturing over the years and really developed into one hell of a player. Those turnaround fading jumpshots he was busting in hinrichs face a couple nights ago in the first quarter were spectacular. He had 20points in the first quarter! If i had to choose between having kobe on my team or lebron, i'd prefer kobe. I'd rather not have either one though.

Ballistic, how come the Bulls started off the season so good on Defense but now the one aspect of our game that was good isn't even good anymore? Its obvious that playing that level of D in the beginning of the season was wearing our players out. Sometimes Noah and Deng and panting so hard i'm worried they'll pass out. Deng is a very talented player, he can shoot and cut to the basket. But he never goes as hard as he should and his post moves suck. Deng's defense is above average. Sometimes he'll shut his man down. For example that last celtics game in chicago Deng really guarded Peirce well.

As much as the Bulls have been struggling this year, i still watch practically every game. John Salmons and James Johnson are just IRRELEVANT out there. but when you only have Pargo to substitute in, what can you do?! I'm tired of seeing salmons and pargo take turns chucking up shots. And until that lakers bulls game, hinrich was shooting less than 30% !! Look at Pargo, Salmons, Hinrich, and James Johnson's FG% http://www.nba.com/bulls/stats/ All under 40% this is our problem!!! Taj Gibson is exceeding everyone's expectations though.
Old 12-18-2009, 11:06 PM   #5127
Dirty Knowledge
I Already Won

Dirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venoms

Tyreke Evans takin that ROTY from Jennings...

Sonny Weems is takin that Name of the Year
Old 12-19-2009, 12:42 AM   #5128
ballistic
Mihdisiatic Mythocracy

kobe is the man...nobody can really say shit about somebody who works that hard to be that great. hell, he was working with hakeem the dream this past summer on his post moves! on a farm! lol...#24 is marvelous to watch. he's on the MVP radar big time along with melo, lebron, dirk, wade & paul (if the hornets improve)...

my fave five rookies: tyreke evans, eric gordon, stephen curry, brandon jennings, ty lawson. i agree, evans is ROY. eric gordon has such a sweet sweet game and the exact same goes for curry. and lawson is just nasty.

Sense, i haven't been able to watch as many bulls games as you have so you have a better perspective on things than i do. but if chicago could just shoot the ball a little better, they may be in a different situation...but see that's the thing...the bulls' perimeter shooting always dictates their winning percentage. when they shoot shitty it's nothin' doin'...that's why i look forward to thomas coming back. before he got injured i noticed that he had improved on the offensive end. added some post moves to his game and he was hitting some jump shots. that's huge. john salmons is due and so is james johnson...wasn't johnson the one having a big preseason? he's gonna come around. and so is hinrich. it's easy to hate on him nowadays but i've always admired his grittiness and his tendency to hit big shots.

i think this team will gel in the next couple of weeks enough to avoid getting blown out by 20 points five nights in a row, which is some progress...at least the circus road trip is out of the way- and the good news is that the 5-8 playoff seeds are TOTALLY open...no team has any of those spots sown up by a long shot. rose needs to start getting 20 & 8 for this team and they need to start using their defensive tenacity to generate more fast break transition points on the other end. deng needs to have more double doubles like he did the other night. gibson and noah are doing their thing. when thomas comes back they just need a couple of things to swing in their favor and they can put together some good wins...

& big ups to Agent Zero, putting up 45 and 13 tonight against the warriors...he's on his way back to full recovery...

Old 12-19-2009, 12:56 AM   #5129
check two
N.I.

check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

Isn't this Eric Gordon's second season?

They were talking recently about Tyrus Thomas possibly getting traded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
I know black men want sex often and when they don't get it when they want it, they'll find a woman who will give them sex. Sex is the reason why most black couples don't stay together long.
check two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 11:57 PM   #5130
ballistic
Mihdisiatic Mythocracy

my bad gordon was a rookie was last year...i'd have to redefine that list as "favorite first/second year players". but then i'd have to expand it and put rose in there...

didn't see the whole bulls hawks game (101-98) but i wish i had stuck around for the second half. they actually managed to get over 100 points, which is pretty much what they had to do to beat the hawks and pretty much how they need to execute on a consistent basis to reach the playoffs.

i know they're loving being back in the Chi...