news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > The Sports Zone

Old 04-25-2011, 05:13 AM   #7816
IronSheik
The Birth Of A Prince

IronSheik five deadly venomsIronSheik five deadly venomsIronSheik five deadly venomsIronSheik five deadly venomsIronSheik five deadly venomsIronSheik five deadly venomsIronSheik five deadly venomsIronSheik five deadly venomsIronSheik five deadly venomsIronSheik five deadly venoms
Send a message via AIM to IronSheik Send a message via Skype™ to IronSheik

Old 04-25-2011, 10:44 AM   #7817
RUSHING PLATYPUS
Platypi on the swarm!!

RUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasty Nash View Post
Chris Paul led everyone in game 4 in points, steals, assists, rebounds, steals, field goals, free throws, and 3 pointers made. Chris Paul > Derrick Rose
Chris Paul is great, but better than Derrick Rose? Derrick Rose has been easily better than Paul all year. In their last game played Paul was better, but it doesn't erase the fact that Rose has had a MUCH better season than Paul. When Jordan played for the Wizards he had a few epic games where he looked like the greatest player in the world again, but he wasn't because those great performances where few and far between. Chris Paul has had the worst season of his career. (not that he's been bad) He has had 2 great games in this series though. If you want to considered a better PG than Derrick Rose you have to do it more often than Paul has this season. Overreaction.
Old 04-25-2011, 11:53 AM   #7818
whitey
Wu Vatican

whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

chris paul is a better point guard then derrick rose.

derrick rose is a better player than chris paul.

ya smell me.
The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.
whitey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 12:30 PM   #7819
HANZO
Hanovallah

HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitey View Post

ya smell me.
exactly

Paul, Nash, Rondo and Williams are all better point guards than Rose, but Rose is a better player than all of them at the moment.

the Spurs are in trouble, they could possibly be the worst 60 win team ever. i hope im wrong i would like to see Duncan get one more ring.

the Magic are in bigger trouble, watching Magic games it makes more and more sense for Dwight to leave. 2nd largest payroll in the NBA and you got guys like Turk and Nelson playing like absolute crap against Atlanta of all teams.
Old 04-25-2011, 02:30 PM   #7820
whitey
Wu Vatican

whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

i was kinda waiting for the spurs flameout all season. seems like its coming now in the playoffs.

the magics jeeeesh. they have some shitty contracts on the books. they are like the knicks a couple years ago, but have the best center in the league. which is the only reason they are good. they need to dump a lot of the dead weight on that team. problem is idk how they will be able to do it. whos going to want those contracts that still have some years and a lot of money on them for players that suck.
The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.
Old 04-25-2011, 04:36 PM   #7821
Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster
Irondan 2: Curly's Gold

Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sense-A View Post
D'Antoni calling Rondo out. Fuck Rondo

Lol. remember Rondo got CUT from the FIBA squad? I've been telling you fools for a long time Rondo is an overrated PG. You should feel ashamed for ever comparing him to Derrick Rose.

PG's: D-Rose>Chris Paul> Deron Williams > Westbrook

I'm not sure i should have deron williams ahead of westbrook though. D williams is regressing in my opinion and westbrook is getting better.
i guess you haven't watched any of the nba playoffs, huh?

Rondo has been THE best, and most important, and most VALUABLE player in the playoffs to date.

SInce you enjoy pleasuring yourself to regular season results, I imagine you would love Rose.

Since I choose to cheer for a team that has already achieved excellence, and thereby only measure success in terms of play-off results, I'll take Rondo. All day, errday.

Just like when I told you that Rondo was a better PLAYOFF PG.

He has outshone rose in EVERY facet of the game this playoffs. Except freethrow shooting.

Also Rondo didn't get cut. He quit. Apparently, because he was TOO awesome for FIBA.

I guess that's the difference between our criteria of a quality PG. I take complete game and playoff results, where apparently you value regular season success, individual accomplishmnt, and, er, International Basketball.

So congratulations on a wonderful season. Mine just started.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tectrus Moa View Post
I'm sorry? Negro English? I think you mean Ebonics.

Last edited by Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster; 04-25-2011 at 04:40 PM.
Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 04:39 PM   #7822

Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitey View Post

ya smell me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAN View Post
exactly

Paul, Nash, Rondo and Williams are all better point guards than Rose, but Rose is a better player than all of them at the moment.
I understand the assertion you both are trying to make, but your premise is flawed.

For it to work, rose would have to play a position besides point guard.

As he IS a point guard, you cannot measure Rose's overall value in any other terms.

If you are saying he is a better scorer/ballhog/free throw shooter, I'll allow it.

Quote:
Old 04-25-2011, 05:17 PM   #7823
Olive Oil Goombah
Anglophile

Olive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killa

its not all about points per game statistics.

Rondo and a guy like Kendrick Perkins do things during the game and are leaders on their teams that can never show up in a stat sheet, but show up in the final score.

For instance, you put Rose on the Celtics and they are not a better team. They would not run as efficiently without Rondo.

If you have 3 HOFers, than you need a distributer, a guy to set up the offense, to break down the opposition.

Plus he plays great defense and is a great rebounders from his position.

People see his below average jumper and judge him by that, but onlly a moron who doesn't know anythign about basketball would do that.

His jumpshot is really the only weakness in his game.
Old 04-25-2011, 05:22 PM   #7824

2 more points, Rondo COULD put up a great deal of PPG, if that were his prerogative.

his jumper is improving, and i would be willing to wager, although not a great deal, that his percentage on jumpshots is similar to that of derrick rose's

Quote:
Old 04-25-2011, 05:37 PM   #7825
Olive Oil Goombah
Anglophile

Olive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killa

Rose isn't a great shooter. He's a good shooter. His 3 point range is iffy.

He's definitely does not have the pure stroke of say....a Ray Allen.
Old 04-25-2011, 09:10 PM   #7826
whitey
Wu Vatican

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickyTouch View Post
Rose isn't a great shooter. He's a good shooter. His 3 point range is iffy.

He's definitely does not have the pure stroke of say....a Ray Allen.

indulge me dicky. who does have the stroke of Ray Allen?

Old 04-25-2011, 09:19 PM   #7827
justice sword
85 %ER

justice sword shaolin monk

i miss perk ... celts!!
justice sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 09:21 PM   #7828
Olive Oil Goombah
Anglophile

Mark Price did. Glen Rice. Dale Ellis, Larry Bird.....they are rare gems.
Old 04-25-2011, 09:25 PM   #7829
check two
N.I.

check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

Sam Perkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Knowledge View Post
lol check 2, always bringing the funny jokes. that one made me really chuckle.
check two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 09:29 PM   #7830
RUSHING PLATYPUS
Platypi on the swarm!!

RUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickyTouch View Post
Mark Price did. Glen Rice. Dale Ellis, Larry Bird.....they are rare gems.
Steve Kerr.