news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > The Sports Zone

Old 04-26-2011, 11:18 AM   #7846
whitey
Wu Vatican

whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

this is from bill simmons column out today on small market nba teams and the kings and the maloofs (owners of the kings).

this is why that team should move...

The 2010-11 Kings had such a low payroll, they dipped more than a million below the league's minimum team salary threshold after February's Carl Landry/Marcus Thornton trade. When the season ended, they had to pay the difference between the minimum threshold and their payroll number to Kings players, who split that money between them. That's right, the Kings are so cheap, you get EXTRA to play for them.

A few years ago, when the NBA offered struggling franchises a line of credit up to an estimated $75 million to weather a floundering economy, the Maloofs gobbled up every available dime. They haven't paid it back yet. They're like the annoying guy in your fantasy football league who hasn't paid the commissioner in three years. I'm out of checks right now. Can I pay you on PayPal? Are you on PayPal? What if I just get you at the draft?

When the city of Sacramento loaned them $77 million to help them build a new stadium years ago, the Maloofs eagerly cashed the check. They haven't paid the money back yet, which seems relevant, you know, because they're trying to move the team to Anaheim.

When Anaheim approached them about relocating the Kings there, the Maloofs asked the city to pay for the relocation fee -- determined by the other 29 owners based on the perceived value of the new market compared to the old one, which means that fee could climb as high as $75-100 million -- and loan them money to cover their debts on top of that. What a deal! So Anaheim gets a terrible basketball team and a ton of debt, plus, it doesn't get to own the team. How can the city turn that Godfather offer down?

they don't deserve a team.
The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.
whitey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 01:05 PM   #7847
RUSHING PLATYPUS
Platypi on the swarm!!

RUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitey View Post
a point guards main job is to making sure that it gets to the right players at the right time. in that regard chris paul is better, if not the best besides nash (nash's physical limitations and lack of defense prowess obviously take away from his claim as a complete player especially the older he gets) imo. they create and make offense easier for their teammates.

chris paul is awesome at creating stuff for his teammates.

derrick rose is quite good at doing that, but he is bigger and faster than cp3. it doesn't make him a ballhog if his teams best option is him driving the lane and scoring on a crazy layup through 5 people or getting fouled and making an incredibly high amount of his FTs.

he can create just fine, but he can be more decisive than chris paul scoring as well. hes a combo point and shooting guard.

allen iverson was a ballhog who was a point guard. derrick rose is not close to being in that mold.

rondo works well on boston because he would rather defer. hes a good point guard at creating. but it most defiantly helps he has 3 hall of famers to pass the ball too. rondo will not be the reason boston wins championships. its the big three that will. rondo plays his role, and plays it very well. but he doesnt like pressure. you can tell by fear of getting to the line late in games.

rose works well on the bulls because he is the leader. everyone would rather defer to him. i doubt any of his current bulls teammates will be hall of famers. possible cases for noah or boozer depending on how the next 5 years or so go if they win titles. but they are not going to be the reason this bulls team wins a title. it will be rose.

i hate even saying this with the bulls knobslobbers on here, but its the truth.
Very insightful post. I agree with you on just about everything except that Deng is a better overall player than Noah or Boozer imo. Why do you hate saying it? What makes Bulls fans knobslobbers compared to other teams fans?
Old 04-26-2011, 01:37 PM   #7848
JASPER BEARDLY
Fan of the real

JASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of fury

deng is better than boozer, boozer is not a good defensive player and his j looks retarded (but is decent)

RIP
JASPER BEARDLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 01:50 PM   #7849
whitey
Wu Vatican

whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baraka Bombah View Post
Very insightful post. I agree with you on just about everything except that Deng is a better overall player than Noah or Boozer imo. Why do you hate saying it? What makes Bulls fans knobslobbers compared to other teams fans?
ya i thought about throwing deng in there. they really are all complimentary players so its border line anyways. its all about how they individually perform in crunch situations and how many championships they win as a team anyways.

and its not that bulls fans are knobslobbers. just on here, as opposed to the other fans. the gushing over the bulls is over the top. your not as bad a sense A but you know what im talking about.

its like ya i like the magic (granted bball isnt my favorite sport) but i dont make every post about them and ride them super hard, even when they were going to the finals two years ago.

dickys favorite team is the cavs (not a whole lot to gush about this year) but even when they were good he would discuss other teams and just the nba and its players in general.

same with rod and the celtics.
The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.
Old 04-26-2011, 02:51 PM   #7850
check two
N.I.

check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

Quote:
this is from bill simmons column out today on small market nba teams and the kings and the maloofs (owners of the kings).

this is why that team should move...

The 2010-11 Kings had such a low payroll, they dipped more than a million below the league's minimum team salary threshold after February's Carl Landry/Marcus Thornton trade. When the season ended, they had to pay the difference between the minimum threshold and their payroll number to Kings players, who split that money between them. That's right, the Kings are so cheap, you get EXTRA to play for them.

A few years ago, when the NBA offered struggling franchises a line of credit up to an estimated $75 million to weather a floundering economy, the Maloofs gobbled up every available dime. They haven't paid it back yet. They're like the annoying guy in your fantasy football league who hasn't paid the commissioner in three years. I'm out of checks right now. Can I pay you on PayPal? Are you on PayPal? What if I just get you at the draft?

When the city of Sacramento loaned them $77 million to help them build a new stadium years ago, the Maloofs eagerly cashed the check. They haven't paid the money back yet, which seems relevant, you know, because they're trying to move the team to Anaheim.

When Anaheim approached them about relocating the Kings there, the Maloofs asked the city to pay for the relocation fee -- determined by the other 29 owners based on the perceived value of the new market compared to the old one, which means that fee could climb as high as $75-100 million -- and loan them money to cover their debts on top of that. What a deal! So Anaheim gets a terrible basketball team and a ton of debt, plus, it doesn't get to own the team. How can the city turn that Godfather offer down?

they don't deserve a team.
Good points indeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
I know black men want sex often and when they don't get it when they want it, they'll find a woman who will give them sex. Sex is the reason why most black couples don't stay together long.
check two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 03:39 PM   #7851
Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster
Irondan 2: Curly's Gold

Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by saverio View Post
He quit. Because he wasn't going to get picked

Rondo would not have had that series against billups. He drops dimes against the Knicks to pierce n ray. Nothing special. Knicks don't rebound

Paul has been better. He has single handedly won two against lakers. Would have won antihero if his team could hit wide open shots
RIDICULOUS statements bold-faced.

LOL at billups being able to hold rondo for shit. Billups isn't exactly a defensive presence and has no foot speed or quickness for a pointguard.

"nothing special"???

orchestrate a beautiful offense, constantly calling the right sets, making the right decisions, elevating the level of every player around him, constantly delivering the ball in the right place at the right time with pinpoint precision, and extending the peaks of 3 hall of famers....

I'll give you chris paul was good. completely instrumental in his team's 2 wins...Rondo's team swept, though...chris paul is solid though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tectrus Moa View Post
I'm sorry? Negro English? I think you mean Ebonics.
Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 03:52 PM   #7852

Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
a point guards main job is to making sure that it gets to the right players at the right time. in that regard chris paul is better, if not the best besides nash (nash's physical limitations and lack of defense prowess obviously take away from his claim as a complete player especially the older he gets) imo. they create and make offense easier for their teammates.

chris paul is awesome at creating stuff for his teammates.

derrick rose is quite good at doing that, but he is bigger and faster than cp3. it doesn't make him a ballhog if his teams best option is him driving the lane and scoring on a crazy layup through 5 people or getting fouled and making an incredibly high amount of his FTs.

he can create just fine, but he can be more decisive than chris paul scoring as well. hes a combo point and shooting guard.

allen iverson was a ballhog who was a point guard. derrick rose is not close to being in that mold.

rondo works well on boston because he would rather defer. hes a good point guard at creating. but it most defiantly helps he has 3 hall of famers to pass the ball too. rondo will not be the reason boston wins championships. its the big three that will. rondo plays his role, and plays it very well. but he doesnt like pressure. you can tell by fear of getting to the line late in games.

rose works well on the bulls because he is the leader. everyone would rather defer to him. i doubt any of his current bulls teammates will be hall of famers. possible cases for noah or boozer depending on how the next 5 years or so go if they win titles. but they are not going to be the reason this bulls team wins a title. it will be rose.

i hate even saying this with the bulls knobslobbers on here, but its the truth.
A few bullet points addressing somethings you said, in order that I read them, but fairly disorganized.

***I LIKE Derrick Rose. I think he is one of the best pg's in the league, and he certainly had a great regular season. He plays hard-nosed and tough, and I respect the hell out of him.

--Derrick Rose is nowhere in he same league as creating for his teammates AND MAKING HIS TEAMMATES BETTER as Nash, Paul or Rondo

--I don't see how you can't compare Derrick Rose and Iverson...that being said, I think Rose has the chance to be a far-superior all-around player

--If your team's best offense is you throwing up a 1-on-5 layup, then know matter how great of a scorer you are, you probably aren't an elite distributor yet

--Rondo chooses to defer because it is what is best for his team, and because HE IS A PG. Rondo could put up huge scoring numbers if her were so inclined.

--If the Celtics win the title, it will indeed be because of Rondo. As goes Rondo, so goes the Celtics. He is the single most important player on a team with 3 aging Hall of Famers, although I am not arguing that playing with 3 HOFers is a good thing. But if he played for Minny, the team would still be weak, but they would be considerably better and his numbers would be fucking astronomical.

--Rondo does shy away from free throws in the clutch. It's a weakness. I won't dispute it.

--I agree Rose is also the most important player on the bullls, and if they win the championship, which I am no ruling out, then rose jumps even higher in my rankings, and I have a whole new respect for him.

Quote:
Old 04-26-2011, 03:54 PM   #7853

Quote:
I would argue that Shaq is completely done anyway. Nothing left. His legs have had enough. The C's will be lucky if he gets through one half. Much less a whole game or whole series.
I am indeed somewhat doubtful about getting anything at all from shaq in the playoffs. But if he is able to get out there and be serviceable, I'll take it.

Quote:
Old 04-26-2011, 04:52 PM   #7854
RUSHING PLATYPUS
Platypi on the swarm!!

RUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venoms

Rondo is too fast and too quick for Billups.
Old 04-26-2011, 04:54 PM   #7855
RUSHING PLATYPUS
Platypi on the swarm!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodney DANgerfield View Post
I am indeed somewhat doubtful about getting anything at all from shaq in the playoffs. But if he is able to get out there and be serviceable, I'll take it.
Damn straight.! A healthy Shaq would make beating the Celtics a whole different task. So would having Perkins for that matter.
Old 04-26-2011, 05:00 PM   #7856
Olive Oil Goombah
Anglophile

Olive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killa

Quote:
Tooch, I couldn't take any of your post seriously after you said that perk has a better offensive game than shaq.

Perk had stone hands and took wayyyy too long to gather and did not require a double-team at all.

Shaq will still destroy almost anyone one on one and has great hands. Like I said, even JO trumps perk on offense.

Also, perk was not that great of a rebounder.

Again, we might miss perk's toughness and positional defense, but everyone as painted him to be much better than he was.

It was more of an observation of how much Shaq has diminished.

Lets face it tho, Perk could be a better shooter than O'Neal.

But you would know his overall game better than I.
Old 04-26-2011, 06:32 PM   #7857
Sense-A
PRODIGAL SUN

Sense-A prodigal sonSense-A prodigal sonSense-A prodigal sonSense-A prodigal sonSense-A prodigal sonSense-A prodigal son

Wow look at this. Finally some Derrick Rose praise and people not ruling Bulls out as possibly winning the east and the championship. Admit it, you don't hate the bulls you just hate me for being right all along. I can live with that if you can.

No one would trade D Rose or Paul or D Williams away to get Rondo on their team. NO ONE except the biased celtics. I hate on d'antoni more than you do but what he said was right.

When The Bulls played Chris Paul's hornets this year, Rose schooled him. When the Bulls played Williams, Rose made you forget williams was in the game. He defended these guys and took them out of their passing games along with the rest of the Bulls D. D Rose mad Nash seem insignificant. The one on one matchups is something i think you guys are overlooking. In one on one matchups, D ROSE dominated every PG in the league. Yes, Chris Paul has probably been the BEST player in the playoffs so far and deserves the respect. But he's only done it for 2 games. Rose has been doing it all year. D Rose now has a sprained ankle coming off 2 bad games but the Bulls are still up 3-1 versus Paul being 2-2. Just sayin'. You got to look at the big picture. Was Paul the best in 2008? Sure. Is he the best PG now? No. And I'm not talking about your idea of the "classical" pg and their assisting duties. If D Rose had to look for other teammates he WOULD. But that's not the role we ask him to play in Chicago. He still turns it over too much and doesn't run the pick n roll as good as other PGs. But he straight up takes over in 4th quarters like only a few nba stars during our lifetimes have.

The Bulls play Pacers tonight at 8pm then I will watch the Blackhawks versus Vancouver at 10pm in game 7 which should be the best NHL playoff game tonight as the blackhawks have come back from being down 3-0.

BTW i expect the celtics to embarass the heat in round 2. What do you think about memphis versus OKC round 2? I expect lakers to take the next one. atlanta will give chicago some trouble. i think atlanta closes it out against orlando next game. they smell blood and i think those guys want it more.

Game is on TNT right now. They talking bout how boozer has to step it up. orlando is up barkley says orlando atlanta will be a 7 game series

Last edited by Sense-A; 04-26-2011 at 07:06 PM.
Sense-A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 08:50 PM   #7858
Olive Oil Goombah
Anglophile

Olive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killa

people are always giving Rose props you fucking homo.

we just dont suck his cock like you do.

Same thing for the bulls as a team.

I'm a cavs fan.

but go Celtics....they play the game the right way.

Rondo is the perfect PG for boston.

they would be worse with Rose.

for the same reason Fisher was better for the Lakers than Gary Payton and Gasol better for them than Karl Malone.

you get too caught up in the name game and statistics.
Old 04-26-2011, 08:53 PM   #7859
Olive Oil Goombah
Anglophile

Quote:
Rondo is too fast and too quick for Billups.
IN his prime Billups was a great defensive point guard. Very physical. He would give Rondo problems..

But now? no.
Old 04-26-2011, 09:48 PM   #7860
whitey
Wu Vatican

Quote:
A few bullet points addressing somethings you said, in order that I read them, but fairly disorganized.

***I LIKE Derrick Rose. I think he is one of the best pg's in the league, and he certainly had a great regular season. He plays hard-nosed and tough, and I respect the hell out of him.

1--Derrick Rose is nowhere in he same league as creating for his teammates AND MAKING HIS TEAMMATES BETTER as Nash, Paul or Rondo

2--I don't see how you can't compare Derrick Rose and Iverson...that being said, I think Rose has the chance to be a far-superior all-around player

3--If your team's best offense is you throwing up a 1-on-5 layup, then know matter how great of a scorer you are, you probably aren't an elite distributor yet

--Rondo chooses to defer because it is what is best for his team, and because HE IS A PG. Rondo could put up huge scoring numbers if her were so inclined.

--If the Celtics win the title, it will indeed be because of Rondo. As goes Rondo, so goes the Celtics. He is the single most important player on a team with 3 aging Hall of Famers, although I am not arguing that playing with 3 HOFers is a good thing. But if he played for Minny, the team would still be weak, but they would be considerably better and his numbers would be fucking astronomical.

--Rondo does shy away from free throws in the clutch. It's a weakness. I won't dispute it.

--I agree Rose is also the most important player on the bullls, and if they win the championship, which I am no ruling out, then rose jumps even higher in my rankings, and I have a whole new respect for him.
1. agreed, like i said.

2. i only brought in AI because you called him a ballhog, and the quintessential example of a ballhog is AI.

3. its not that its the teams best offense, but he can do it is the point. not many players can. when jordans bulls needed points he got the ball and scored. roses bulls are turning into the same thing, he doesnt go 1 on 5 every play like bron would in cleavland sometimes. but when his team needs it, or he sees the hole and can do it, he does it.